+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

asylum at airport or after entering in to canada?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You need to obtain a TRV first. There are no transit visas for Canada. If you manage to get a TRV, and land in Canada, there is no reason to destroy your passport. If you are using a fake passport, you will find that will cause you significant issues. If it is genuine, present it to the immigration office when you claim asylum. Destroying your passport wouldn’t prevent them from deporting you if your claim is rejected. They just apply to Bangladesh for a temporary travel document.
Keep in mind that with the current travel restrictions, it is unlikely you will be allowed to travel to Canada until the travel bans are lifted.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am Raheel from Bangladesh.I have Canadian transit visa.so I have married a Royhinga girl in bangladesh.so Bangladeshi people too much Hit me and always giving thread to kill my wife and me. So I am tired.i am seeking safe life .Now I want to go through Canada to Mexico.while I will take transit in Canada then can i apply asylum in pearson international airport.so asylum apply time I will destroy my passport or not pls.i will carry my birth certificate and marriage certificate. Pls reply me pls
It's not recommended that you destroy your passport. This generally reates more problems. You should claim asylum using your real passport.

Note that you cannot travel to Canada at this time due to the COVID-19 travel ban that is in place. You will need to wait until the travel ban is lifted. Right now the travel ban is in place until the end of June.

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I can't understand of Red flag for potential asylum.so I want to fly from Switzerland through Canada to maxico. Pls how can I will make flight itinerary.pls give me idea .how can success for asylum in airport. If I don't destroy my passport the immigration depot me in Bangladesh. Pls reply me
The red flag is that people don’t fly from Bangladesh through Canada to get to Mexico. The route doesn’t make sense. If you do get to Canada and destroy your passport all it will do is land you in immigration detention. As previously said Canada will just request other travel documents from the embassy. It makes your case initially more difficult if you can’t prove your own identification.

You mention you have a Schengen visa? Have you ever travelled to Europe? Was it recently? If so you will be asked why. you didn’t claim asylum then. Even if you transit through Europe to get to Canada you’ll be asked why you didn’t claim asylum in the first safe country. Have you attempted to relocate within Bangladesh? That is another reason why many people are denied asylum. They have not tried to Relocate within their home country.

If you have a Schengen visa your best bet is to probably fly to a European country. Getting a visa to enter Canada can be very difficult. You can certainly try but you should have a plan B. Covid will also delay your plans.

Mohamed123

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
You will have to show why you weren't in danger when you entered Canada a few months ago and why you are now in danger. You left a safe countermand didn't claim asylum and returned home so the argument will be that you didn't fear for your life before then. Have you tried to relocate in Pakistan? You are expected to seek safety in other parts of Pakistan first. It is one of the most common reason asylum claims are refused.
Exactly! Alot of people say the same thing just to seek asylum in Canada, 90 percent are just lies.

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
What happens if you enter Canada through US borders and do not claim asylum at the Port of Entry; but rather claim asylum once in Canadian lands?

urgent help needed!

Ghurala

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
What happens if you enter Canada through US borders and do not claim asylum at the Port of Entry; but rather claim asylum once in Canadian lands?

urgent help needed!
You can apply for refugee inside Canada, but before the submission the IRCC will determine if you are eligible. Normally IRCC officer or CBSA officers takes an eligibility interview but due to COVID 19 the submissions are through email and an officer has to respond in 3 days after submission.
One of the aspect in eligibility is met, your case will be referred to IRB.

vagonbrei

Oct 27, 2020
Arrive at the airport. Walk up to the CBSA officer in the booth. Hand them the passport and say "I am here for asylum".
They will process your application, give you the appropriate documents and send you on your way until your next appointment.

Under Canadian law, the officer cannot force you out of the country if you request asylum. Do it as soon as you speak to the officer. Destroying your passport only makes it look like your hiding something and will give them grounds to send you to detention center.

If you fear returning to your country, tell the officer they will ask if you want refugee protection / asylum. Tell them you do.