+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

asylum at airport or after entering in to canada?

Jan 10, 2017
thanks for your response.but few more questions to ask..
when we land at Toronto airport then at entrance there is team of 2-3 person may be from security or border control or immigration staff they asks us so many questions about what do u do ,why you are here..where u ll stay..how much money yu have and bla bla bla ...
either we have to clearly show them that i m here and i wana file asylum? and i ll show them i ll stay here from short term and will go back and when i cross them and later on i enter my data on kiosk and clear all the staff and reach to immigration and then at immigration counter i file asylum?

there are almost 4-5 different kind of checks from Toronto lounge entrance to till immigration..

we have to show our intention from ist check or we will disclose it at immigration?
I think in that case you must show your intention of claiming asylum at first checking point. Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
there are almost 4-5 different kind of checks from Toronto lounge entrance to till immigration..
No - there are certainly not 4-5 different kinds of checks before immigration. There are zero checks from the time you get off the plane to immigration. The first check you reach is immigration. The second is customs. You would claim asylum at the first check (immigration).

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
You don't need to show any proof of anything at the airport.
Once you verbally request asylumatbrhe airport, Canada by law must give you a trial. Only there will evidence be requested.

Should you claim at airport or after?
It is recommended you do at the airport.
Many asylum claims have failed because they failed to apply/claim protection at the first instance.

matfarooq

Mar 24, 2019
thank
No - there are certainly not 4-5 different kinds of checks before immigration. There are zero checks from the time you get off the plane to immigration. The first check you reach is immigration. The second is customs. You would claim asylum at the first check (immigration).
thank you so much for your kind answer..
what kind of questioning i should expect?
how immigration behave with asylum seeker?
tips to tackle immigration staff?

CVR

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
thank

thank you so much for your kind answer..
what kind of questioning i should expect?
how immigration behave with asylum seeker?
tips to tackle immigration staff?
There is no need to tackle or trick the immigration staff if you are a genuine refugee and have a real case.

Last edited:

matfarooq

Mar 24, 2019
Nobody can tells you precisely on that but probably within 48hrs.
is there any chance of deport?
though i am not a criminal..
not harmful for canada
i have valid visit visa
proper identification documents of myself..
no disease..

alyisb

Aug 9, 2019
I read all reply to your posts no one professional answered to you question.
Yes you can claim Asylum within 15 days after arrival in Canada.Go to IRB office direct and tell your problem they they will give you a paper you have to mention your information and reason for asylum.then after few days they will ask you for proof documents like police FIR etc Hire a lawyer if you don't want to do it your self all paper work hearing.
You must have fir with you and fibalky you are safe.

Feb 19, 2020
I am Raheel from Bangladesh.I have Canadian transit visa.so I have married a Royhinga girl in bangladesh.so Bangladeshi people too much Hit me and always giving thread to kill my wife and me. So I am tired.i am seeking safe life .Now I want to go through Canada to Mexico.while I will take transit in Canada then can i apply asylum in pearson international airport.so asylum apply time I will destroy my passport or not pls.i will carry my birth certificate and marriage certificate. Pls reply me pls

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am Raheel from Bangladesh.I have Canadian transit visa.so I have married a Royhinga girl in bangladesh.so Bangladeshi people too much Hit me and always giving thread to kill my wife and me. So I am tired.i am seeking safe life .Now I want to go through Canada to Mexico.while I will take transit in Canada then can i apply asylum in pearson international airport.so asylum apply time I will destroy my passport or not pls.i will carry my birth certificate and marriage certificate. Pls reply me pls
Are you sure you have a transit visa? Did you already have your flight when you applied for your transit visa? You should not destroy your passport. That will create a lot of problems. Flying from Bangladesh to Mexico through Canada would be a red flag for potential asylum. The itinerary doesn’t make sense.

Feb 19, 2020
I am Schengen valid visa holder so transit visa easily can take. So through Canada to maxico going time that I will land Pearson international airport an after that I will destroy my passport or not. If I destroyed my passport than I can apply asylum in airport. So I don't destroy my passport than Canadian immigration depot me my country. Pls reply

Feb 19, 2020
I can't understand of Red flag for potential asylum.so I want to fly from Switzerland through Canada to maxico. Pls how can I will make flight itinerary.pls give me idea .how can success for asylum in airport. If I don't destroy my passport the immigration depot me in Bangladesh. Pls reply me