+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrived today for fall, study permit issued, online classes

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Yes, they asked for a place which i had arranged for 14 days quarantine.
Does anyone know if one can stay in an airbnb room, or do I need to rent an entire apartment for myself? If I stay at my friends’ place do they have to quarantine or just me?

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Hey there, forums friend!

It's the same thing as before, they've provided me with a support letter which kind of echoes IRCC instructions and guidelines, not stating anything that deems my travel essential. So yeah, for the fall courses will be online.

I am hoping I'll get through immigration easily in YVR port of entry, the big deal is getting some paperwork in this country I am visiting before I am allowed to leave, plus some COVID certificates (PCR and antibodies test) in order to transit via Korea. It seems a bit complicated but willing to take my chances.

Ah I see...

Oh yeah that's cool then! I hope your journey goes smooth & good!

I understand...the issue is with certain exit requirements that we need before we are allowed to depart from the country where we are now living as a resident-citizen!

Any way, thanks a ton for replying, truly grateful!

I hope you could also update us here close to the time when you travel & after reaching there, please! Thanks a lot again! Cheers!

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Ah I see...

Oh yeah that's cool then! I hope your journey goes smooth & good!

I understand...the issue is with certain exit requirements that we need before we are allowed to depart from the country where we are now living as a resident-citizen!

Any way, thanks a ton for replying, truly grateful!

I hope you could also update us here close to the time when you travel & after reaching there, please! Thanks a lot again! Cheers!
I sure will. TYVM!

Considering the grim situation in India right now, I think you too could face similar restrictions, like having to fulfill both the airline and airport/customs requirements for travel.

If you need more recent updates I'd suggest looking at r/ImmigrationCanada, but since you decided to pursue online education for this term (?) it would be best to rest your mind and leave off these updates knowing that you've done the right decision choosing to stay rather than go through the hassle of attempting travel.

Thanks again.

Reactions: GradStudent18

saqib547

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hello guys,

I got alot of help from here, thought of helping you. Arrived today for fall 2020 (sept), online classes, my letter of introduction / visa was issued before 18 march. Classes were online. Arrived today and got permit, cursory questions were asked only. Don't worry if you are planning to fly and your letter of introduction/study permit was issued before 18 march.

Thanks
If we don't submit IELTS to university and immigration then the visa officer ask for it on Airpirt?
I heard that IELTS is necessary for study permit issuing at Airport even if we don't submit it to University and immigration..

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
I sure will. TYVM!

Considering the grim situation in India right now, I think you too could face similar restrictions, like having to fulfill both the airline and airport/customs requirements for travel.

If you need more recent updates I'd suggest looking at r/ImmigrationCanada, but since you decided to pursue online education for this term (?) it would be best to rest your mind and leave off these updates knowing that you've done the right decision choosing to stay rather than go through the hassle of attempting travel.

Thanks again.
Hi!!

Thanks a lot for replying & for the information about the Reddit Immigration Canada forum.

The flight officials here are asking for all sorts of authorisations like approval from the Canadian High Commission in India and what not! The airline here is randomly denying & allowing students to board as they like! It's a mess with tickets & flights now.

And the other thing is I don't have the travel support letter. My institution is not giving that letter and is asking us to start studying from home only. That's the issue. This letter is necessary I hear.

I hope the travel situation gets at least a little better for departing in the coming months.

But I wish you all the very best for your journey! I hope it goes well & smoothly. You have that letter & the Covid PCR test - these things will make you good to go. Best of luck & cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: prospectiveab

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Does anyone know if one can stay in an airbnb room, or do I need to rent an entire apartment for myself? If I stay at my friends’ place do they have to quarantine or just me?
Hey! Have you travelled already? Could you please share your experience for us here, please?

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Necessary for what? to board the airplane? Or to enter Canada at the border/airport upon arrival?
I'm not sure.

I've heard it's necessary for both boarding the flight as well as required at the border to show proof of "face-to-face" classes.

Last edited:

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Hi!!

Thanks a lot for replying & for the information about the Reddit Immigration Canada forum.

The flight officials here are asking for all sorts of authorisations like approval from the Canadian High Commission in India and what not! The airline here is randomly denying & allowing students to board as they like! It's a mess with tickets & flights now.

And the other thing is I don't have the travel support letter. My institution is not giving that letter and is asking us to start studying from home only. That's the issue. This letter is necessary I hear.

I hope the travel situation gets at least a little better for departing in the coming months.

But I wish you all the very best for your journey! I hope it goes well & smoothly. You have that letter & the Covid PCR test - these things will make you good to go. Best of luck & cheers!
Thank you for the kind words.

Unfortunately I got all the documents and covid tests ready, but the first airline didn't let me check in, Jeju Air, saying I cannot transit through Korea as a non Korean citizen. I am a bit upset because I kept an eye on every news portal of theirs, and korean air too, and never stated anything that disallows me for transit.

For this I am thinking of deferring to Jan, so that I can go back to my home country or Canada. I cannot endure the timezone difference from the Philippines, I can't study from 10 PM to 8 AM at least 3 days a week. It's a pity I had to spend a pile of cash to get on these flights just to be turned down by the Koreans.

I wish you good luck with whatever plans you have in hand. All the best! = )

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Hope everyone who tended to reach has reached.:)
Arrived yesterday via Vancouver, the entry process was swift, they asked about the quarantine plan and college acceptance letter (I also presented them an enrollment certificate as my LOA was expired), and that was that. The only delays I experienced were during check in with the airlines, they had to verify everything and I explained to them I am allowed to travel showing them the government website guidelines.

Reactions: RehanaS

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Arrived yesterday via Vancouver, the entry process was swift, they asked about the quarantine plan and college acceptance letter (I also presented them an enrollment certificate as my LOA was expired), and that was that. The only delays I experienced were during check in with the airlines, they had to verify everything and I explained to them I am allowed to travel showing them the government website guidelines.
Where did you travel from?

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Did you have you SP approval before March 18th?