+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrived today for fall, study permit issued, online classes

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Yes, I have online classes for the Fall. Actually, my program will offer hybrid learning (alternative delivery components and on-campus components), but the university said that they will tweak and move the on-campus component to the latter part (Winter term).

My visa was granted before March 18th, and I also have a support letter from the school. I booked a flight in July but decided to cancel as the circumstances are too risky (health and safety wise, and border restrictions as well). I probably will be allowed entry, but I don’t want to risk it as it just causes anxiety.

I will rebook my flight when the situation improves. I’m not the only one in my program who’s in the same boat, so I’ll just explain the circumstances to the University (and they themselves have also discouraged International students from flying at the moment).
Does your University support letter state that your "presence is mandatory" or just a general letter supporting you & explaining the problems you face studying from home, please?

I too am trying to get a support letter from the university...

Mojito5

Dec 19, 2019
Does your University support letter state that your "presence is mandatory" or just a general letter supporting you & explaining the problems you face studying from home, please?

I too am trying to get a support letter from the university...
They mentioned that delivery will be “Temporarily online with Alternative Delivery components and On-campus Components”.

They also wrote that “In consideration of the challenges presented by remote access, including global time zones and internet reliability, they recommend that students access their program from within Canada.”

It was not said outright that presence is mandatory but the recommendation is based on the feedback some students gave.

Classes will be done online/remotely for the Fall eitherway (regardless if it’s within Canada or in our home countries).

But in all the briefings, orientations and conversations I’ve had with the University and its International Office, they still strongly discourage us from flying until restrictions are lifted. It’s always the discretion of the border officers to use their judgement in allowing entry even pre-pandemic, but the present situation increases the risk. Afterall, it’s their duty to protect Canada and its citizens from the risk of covid exposure, which could be possibly brought by International travel.

Last edited:
Reactions: GradStudent18

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
What does Canada define as public transit for purposes of getting to the quarantine place? Some countries define taxis or Uber as public transportation. Can I use Uber to get to my place of quarantine?

Yes, domestic flights are operating. Make sure to allow 2-3 hours at least of connection time as you'll get through immigration in your first port of entry.
For a cab you can install uber, do not get into public transit as it violates the 14 day quarantine guidelines.

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
What does Canada define as public transit for purposes of getting to the quarantine place? Some countries define taxis or Uber as public transportation. Can I use Uber to get to my place of quarantine?
Private transportation is fine. There are cabs outside every airport but Uber will be cheaper and convenient. I am planning to self-quarantine in an Airbnb as hotels tend to be a bit pricier.

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Hey! @prospectiveab , hi!

If you don't mind, do you have online/in-class courses for the fall?

And is your institution issuing you the "travel support letter"?
Hey there, forums friend!

It's the same thing as before, they've provided me with a support letter which kind of echoes IRCC instructions and guidelines, not stating anything that deems my travel essential. So yeah, for the fall courses will be online.

I am hoping I'll get through immigration easily in YVR port of entry, the big deal is getting some paperwork in this country I am visiting before I am allowed to leave, plus some COVID certificates (PCR and antibodies test) in order to transit via Korea. It seems a bit complicated but willing to take my chances.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hello guys,

I got alot of help from here, thought of helping you. Arrived today for fall 2020 (sept), online classes, my letter of introduction / visa was issued before 18 march. Classes were online. Arrived today and got permit, cursory questions were asked only. Don't worry if you are planning to fly and your letter of introduction/study permit was issued before 18 march.

Thanks
so you are starting your study fall 2020 and you applied before March 2020?

Shahin3583

Jan 22, 2020
In which cource you got admission in seneca college?
And what's your study background in pakistan? Are u going canada for undergraduate program?
Guys can someone tell me if travel support letter from.professor enough to prove that Ur presence is necessary for lab work or we need some authorization from ircc as well? I have booked my flight but now worried if any such authorization is required. Plse guide

sawab

Feb 3, 2013
What colleges you guys recommend for visa student admissions? I am helping/guiding someone and need help here? Also if you can mention the fees? And your suggestions?

sawab

Feb 3, 2013
Can we apply to multiple colleges for international student admission under ontario application thing? If so how much is the fee?