+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrived today for fall, study permit issued, online classes

fatimajill

Mar 8, 2019
They said nothing actually nothing, they were just bit curious abt where i'll be quarantining that's it nothing serious, three days back i got a call from Minisitry of Health, asked some questions like did you go anywhere? did you meet anyone etc. nothing else, as i was in quarantine why'd i meet or go anywhere :D but still they asked for confirmation and my quarantine will end after 3 days.
Did they pay any surprise visit during your quarantine?
How did they contact you? Did they take any reference' number?

Shahin3583

Jan 22, 2020
Do they allow to take domestic flight to our destination once we arrive in Canada?
N how did you move to your quarantine accommodation from airport(hiring cab or someone picked you)?

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Do they allow to take domestic flight to our destination once we arrive in Canada?
N how did you move to your quarantine accommodation from airport(hiring cab or someone picked you)?
Yes, domestic flights are operating. Make sure to allow 2-3 hours at least of connection time as you'll get through immigration in your first port of entry.
For a cab you can install uber, do not get into public transit as it violates the 14 day quarantine guidelines.

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Yes, domestic flights are operating. Make sure to allow 2-3 hours at least of connection time as you'll get through immigration in your first port of entry.
For a cab you can install uber, do not get into public transit as it violates the 14 day quarantine guidelines.

Hey! Good to hear! Were you able to enter Canada ? Which country did you travel from and which airlines please? Thanks a lot in advance :)

Reactions: Shahin3583

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Did they pay any surprise visit during your quarantine?
How did they contact you? Did they take any reference' number?
No, they didn't visit, they contacted through the phone number of my friend where I was staying and which I gave them in immigration.

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
Hey! Good to hear! Were you able to enter Canada ? Which country did you travel from and which airlines please? Thanks a lot in advance :)
No, I changed my ticket to late December. It's not the issue with my airline, they can let me board the plane since I would be transiting through Korea, plus my college sent me a supporting letter (a letter that says this guy is offered online courses and should not travel to Canada lol) which I am told is necessary to travel.
You see most of these folks have travelled before the recent IRCC update about non-essential travel. While most of you can easily go back home in case of a denied entry, my stupid country will not let me enter without a PCR test taken less than 48 hours ago plus an antibodies test. Korea requires the same test so my country will not let me in with an expired certificate and I will likely live and study from some international airport's secure area like Tom Hanks from The Terminal.

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
No, I changed my ticket to late December. It's not the issue with my airline, they can let me board the plane since I would be transiting through Korea, plus my college sent me a supporting letter (a letter that says this guy is offered online courses and should not travel to Canada lol) which I am told is necessary to travel.
You see most of these folks have travelled before the recent IRCC update about non-essential travel. While most of you can easily go back home in case of a denied entry, my stupid country will not let me enter without a PCR test taken less than 48 hours ago plus an antibodies test. Korea requires the same test so my country will not let me in with an expired certificate and I will likely live and study from some international airport's secure area like Tom Hanks from The Terminal.
Hahaha good one on The terminal. :D

Reactions: prospectiveab

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Haha much needed light hearted comment man! I agree the same can happen to me - getting stuck at some international airport since my country isn't allowing international flights to get in :(

Reactions: prospectiveab
Jul 31, 2020
Please, I have an issue with the medical form update. I did it upfront but still got a mail informing me to do the medical test. What can you advice me to do?

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Please, I have an issue with the medical form update. I did it upfront but still got a mail informing me to do the medical test. What can you advice me to do?
Did you attach the form they gave you at the medical centre after finishing your upfront medical exam?

You need to attach the form / sheet they give you with your study permit application while applying. This tells them that you have already done upfront medical.

Just attach that upfront medical sheet/form they gave you at the medical centre, and send it through the IRCC webform, explaining that you've already done upfront medical.

Don't worry they'll receive it - just send webform with your upfront medical sheet. Good luck!

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/allowed-to-leave-canada.698107/

Please check this thread. Sad reality that people can be refused and turned away at the border.
@Mojito5 , if you don't mind, do you have online classes for the fall? If so, are you planning on going to Canada for September? Please advise...

I'm still trying to understand whether there are any chances at all for me to enter Canada for September, given that I have received full approval for my study permit well before March 18th.

Mojito5

Dec 19, 2019
@Mojito5 , if you don't mind, do you have online classes for the fall? If so, are you planning on going to Canada for September? Please advise...

I'm still trying to understand whether there are any chances at all for me to enter Canada for September, given that I have received full approval for my study permit well before March 18th.
Yes, I have online classes for the Fall. Actually, my program will offer hybrid learning (alternative delivery components and on-campus components), but the university said that they will tweak and move the on-campus component to the latter part (Winter term).

My visa was granted before March 18th, and I also have a support letter from the school. I booked a flight in July but decided to cancel as the circumstances are too risky (health and safety wise, and border restrictions as well). I probably will be allowed entry, but I don’t want to risk it as it just causes anxiety.

I will rebook my flight when the situation improves. I’m not the only one in my program who’s in the same boat, so I’ll just explain the circumstances to the University (and they themselves have also discouraged International students from flying at the moment).

Last edited:
Reactions: GradStudent18

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Yes, I have online classes for the Fall. Actually, my program will offer hybrid learning (alternative delivery components and on-campus components), but the university said that they will tweak the on-campus component to the latter part (Winter term).

My visa was granted before March 18th, and I also have a support letter from the school. I booked a flight in July but decided to cancel as the circumstances are too risky (health and safety wise, and border restrictions as well). I probably will be allowed entry, but I don’t want to risk it as it just causes anxiety.

I will rebook my flight when the situation improves. I’m not the only one in my program who’s in the same boat, so I’ll just explain the circumstances to the University (and they themselves have also discouraged International students from flying at the moment).
Thanks a lot for replying!

I agree with you. That's correct. There's a lot of risk right now.

It's been very stressful and difficult. But alas.

Seems like I too have to study from home for the fall.