+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrima Applications- invited in 2020

maanmukand

Oct 8, 2020
There is a 33 page book to prepare for value test. You will get username for value test once you pay the fee for CSQ
you dont need to send ur VJO along with application. With the reference number, it is auto verified at arrima itself. I had discrepancy of 1 character in my name and it didnt reflect till that was resolved.

maanmukand

Oct 8, 2020
Not sure but except the prioritized NOC they may be having quota limitations as well. As the previous immigration minister said it's more like Tinder of immigration with MIFI having final say.
Some immigration agencies make fool of people by saying that our firm would ensure csq for you if you are invited in Arrima.
the in demand list for quebec is on public portal. They send invite to those NoC codes with VJO

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Just out of curiosity - Can a VJO be rejected? Have you heard of such a case.
Besides the LMIA (not needed if already working in Quebec for the employer) employer has to submit some of their information as well along with companies financial statements. Company has to be functional in Quebec for at least 12 months. As long as everything checks out on the employer records I doubt there is much ground for rejection.

Last edited:

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I would like to request guidance from those who have gone before me regarding few question around Mon Project after getting an invite via arrima.
Q1. I noticed that the 'Adresse du domicile actuel' section under my name doesn't get the little green check mark next to it. The information in the form is pulled from what I filled in 'My Account' and there is no Valider or Enregistere button on that page. Is it okay if that doesn't go green.
Q2. My IELTS scores are about 2 and half years old. The form allows me to fill the details and doesn't prompt that it is more than 2 years old. Is it okay to fill in those details. I did not get any points in Arrima for that since Arrima removes the scores after 2 years are over.
Q3. In 'Historique des statuts' section for your current residence (Quebec, Canada) it asks 'Do you have a residence permit for more than 12 months for this country?' Is work permit also considered as residence permit? Now total length of my work permit is 2 years but now only about 10 months are remaining. So if work permit is also considered as residence permit than should I say Yes (total length > 1 year) or no since remaining time is < 1 year.
Q4. In 'Historique des statuts' there is a day here and there when you were travelling so technically not in any country. Also there are days when you were in both countries (say you crossed the border midday, or flew from Sydney to LA and landed before you took off in local time). How do we mention those.
Q5. For status of my wife, even though she has a work permit and can work, and is taking French classes in CGEP, I am guessing she is not a temporary worker or student. Her status would still be companion of the primary applicant. Is that correct?

I know it is a lot but just wondering if you ran into similar questions and if so what was the decision you went with.

Thanks,
Rajat

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
I would like to request guidance from those who have gone before me regarding few question around Mon Project after getting an invite via arrima.
Q1. I noticed that the 'Adresse du domicile actuel' section under my name doesn't get the little green check mark next to it. The information in the form is pulled from what I filled in 'My Account' and there is no Valider or Enregistere button on that page. Is it okay if that doesn't go green.
Q2. My IELTS scores are about 2 and half years old. The form allows me to fill the details and doesn't prompt that it is more than 2 years old. Is it okay to fill in those details. I did not get any points in Arrima for that since Arrima removes the scores after 2 years are over.
Q3. In 'Historique des statuts' section for your current residence (Quebec, Canada) it asks 'Do you have a residence permit for more than 12 months for this country?' Is work permit also considered as residence permit? Now total length of my work permit is 2 years but now only about 10 months are remaining. So if work permit is also considered as residence permit than should I say Yes (total length > 1 year) or no since remaining time is < 1 year.
Q4. In 'Historique des statuts' there is a day here and there when you were travelling so technically not in any country. Also there are days when you were in both countries (say you crossed the border midday, or flew from Sydney to LA and landed before you took off in local time). How do we mention those.
Q5. For status of my wife, even though she has a work permit and can work, and is taking French classes in CGEP, I am guessing she is not a temporary worker or student. Her status would still be companion of the primary applicant. Is that correct?

I know it is a lot but just wondering if you ran into similar questions and if so what was the decision you went with.

Thanks,
Rajat
Q1. I remember expanding the sections and fill all other sub sections.
Q2.Don't know
Q3. Same case with me too. Mentioned as yes in the application.
Q4. Same case with me too. I have 14 visits to Canada from USA and every visit is Monday to Friday. So i considered the day of travel as day in the origin /USA and next day onwards in destination/Canada.
Q5. You need to mention as 'WORKER' as thats the legal status even through not working.

Reactions: rajat.tiwari

nestlydc

Oct 18, 2020
Hi! I just logged and Expression of Interest in Arrima. I am 30yrs old single with 9yrs total working experience at NOC 2173. My IELTS was 2yrs+ old already so no English points awarded at the moment for me. I hope Quebec would be able to still give me invitation as I saw from previous post someone was given with spouse even score is 53/59.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Do you have a VJO (validate job offer)? If not forget it.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
No it doesn't. So far only applicants with VJO have been invited. Even if you have 100 points you are not going to be invited, according to what we know so far.

nestlydc

Oct 18, 2020
Per latest invitation criteria from https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/arrima/criteria.html#september242020, does it mean criteria mentioned at the 2nd and 3rd bullet has a valid job offer also?

On September 24, 2020, the Ministre de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration invited 365 persons to submit an application for permanent selection. These invitations were addressed to: