Arrima Applications- invited in 2020

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I got the invite last week from Arrima. I work in NOC "A" with valid VJO. I dont have any language test results (english or French). With points calculator I was getting 53(with spouse) in last march(thats when I submitted my VJO in arrima) . The grid says I should have 59. Now that invite has been sent to me in September , will they re-calculate my points as of September or will they calculate the points as if we are still in March? I will loose points if they calculate as of today, because i had crossed one birthday between march hand September for which reduced points will be applied. Any ways to improve the score after the invitation has been received ?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I got the invite last week from Arrima. I work in NOC "A" with valid VJO. I dont have any language test results (english or French). With points calculator I was getting 53(with spouse) in last march(thats when I submitted my VJO in arrima) . The grid says I should have 59. Now that invite has been sent to me in September , will they re-calculate my points as of September or will they calculate the points as if we are still in March? I will loose points if they calculate as of today, because i had crossed one birthday between march hand September for which reduced points will be applied. Any ways to improve the score after the invitation has been received ?
You can't improve scores after invite. Someone here with score of 52 with VJO got an invite and was refused csq after doc submission.

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You can't improve scores after invite. Someone here with score of 52 with VJO got an invite and was refused csq after doc submission.
Thanks Immstu. :-( . Thats not good. Why would they send the invite if the score are less...Cant understand how these people are playing with our lives?!
1. So, this means the points also calculated as of March not as of September ,right ?
2. While accepting the invite , there is a section to update language details, I am wondering if we can update any language details there before accepting the invite. I know it is difficult to get ielts in 60days. Any thought on this?
3. The person with 52 is in "A" NOC ? Any idea if has found any way?

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You can submit, and they will process it. However with your current family score, they will send you letter of intent to refuse. Telling you they are refusing you because you don't have enough points. (50 personal and 59 family)
But even then you have 60 days (I think) to respond to that letter. By sending them a new language test result.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks Immstu. :-( . Thats not good. Why would they send the invite if the score are less...Cant understand how these people are playing with our lives?!
1. So, this means the points also calculated as of March not as of September ,right ?
2. While accepting the invite , there is a section to update language details, I am wondering if we can update any language details there before accepting the invite. I know it is difficult to get ielts in 60days. Any thought on this?
3. The person with 52 is in "A" NOC ? Any idea if has found any way?
Not an expert and not an Arrima candidate also but heard that after invite you are locked to alter your scores. However I may have heard wrong.
Points calculated latest before invite.
All VJO get invite irrespective of scores. Scores are calculated and finalized after doc submission.
I don't know about NOC of that person but he's given up on Arrima and is moving to Peq.
All the best