+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrima Applications- invited in 2020

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Q1. I remember expanding the sections and fill all other sub sections.
Q2.Don't know
Q3. Same case with me too. Mentioned as yes in the application.
Q4. Same case with me too. I have 14 visits to Canada from USA and every visit is Monday to Friday. So i considered the day of travel as day in the origin /USA and next day onwards in destination/Canada.
Q5. You need to mention as 'WORKER' as thats the legal status even through not working.
Thanks Rutils. That was very helpful. I have now submitted my mon project application and waiting for the document request.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi! I just logged and Expression of Interest in Arrima. I am 30yrs old single with 9yrs total working experience at NOC 2173. My IELTS was 2yrs+ old already so no English points awarded at the moment for me. I hope Quebec would be able to still give me invitation as I saw from previous post someone was given with spouse even score is 53/59.
Hi Nestlydc,
I would say 2174 is a better NOC than 2173 only because Software Engineer is a regulated occupation (If I remember correctly) while computer programmer is not. So if you go with 2173 you would have to get approved by some certifying authority in Quebec to practice your trade and that would be possible only if you are comfortable with French besides proving your credentials as a software engineer. Word engineer is what triggers the need for regulation. I submit that my knowledge on the regulated trades and the guidelines around it is limited but this is what I recall.
That being said I agree with Kostas, that these days priority is being given to the profiles with Job Validation. Those are the profiles where the Quebec government might go a bit below the cut-off as well. For getting a VJO you would need to secure employment with a Quebec employer and then that employer would apply for VJO on your behalf. It might take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months for getting VJO once applied.
I wish you the best in your endeavors,

Last edited:

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Per latest invitation criteria from https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/arrima/criteria.html#september242020, does it mean criteria mentioned at the 2nd and 3rd bullet has a valid job offer also?

On September 24, 2020, the Ministre de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration invited 365 persons to submit an application for permanent selection. These invitations were addressed to:

No, but the other 2 cases are for diplomats and etc and minister's "personal" choices.
So, no VJO no invitation, so far...

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Just curious if anyone has taken the Quebec Values and Democratic Values test. If yes, what is your impression of it. Is it easy enough to ace after reviewing the 31 page informative pdf that ministry provides along with some common sense. Or do you really need to review the whole charter?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Just curious if anyone has taken the Quebec Values and Democratic Values test. If yes, what is your impression of it. Is it easy enough to ace after reviewing the 31 page informative pdf that ministry provides along with some common sense. Or do you really need to review the whole charter?
I haven't but few known and some on this forum have. Damn easy. A video of 3-4 minutes plays before each question. Answer is in video. People completed it in 45-60 minutes by watching that video alone.

Reactions: rajat.tiwari

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
1. Please go through 31 page reference before taking the test.
2. Register for the test.
3. You can choose the language of the sub title of video and choose the language of choice for questions.
4. You can not skip the videos.
5. You may skip the question and come back later before submitting the test.
6. Results are displayed just after submission.

Overall, easy .. just pay attention.

maanmukand

Oct 8, 2020
Hi Nestlydc,
I would say 2174 is a better NOC than 2173 only because Software Engineer is a regulated occupation (If I remember correctly) while computer programmer is not. So if you go with 2173 you would have to get approved by some certifying authority in Quebec to practice your trade and that would be possible only if you are comfortable with French besides proving your credentials as a software engineer. Word engineer is what triggers the need for regulation. I submit that my knowledge on the regulated trades and the guidelines around it is limited but this is what I recall.
That being said I agree with Kostas, that these days priority is being given to the profiles with Job Validation. Those are the profiles where the Quebec government might go a bit below the cut-off as well. For getting a VJO you would need to secure employment with a Quebec employer and then that employer would apply for VJO on your behalf. It might take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months for getting VJO once applied.
I am 2173 without any certification. its more about your job roles

maanmukand

Oct 8, 2020
I did it.. its very easy.. if you are staying in quebec, u can pass even without reading the book. No one gave me such reviews, so I read it twice

• Haha

nestlydc

Oct 18, 2020
Hi Nestlydc,
Thanks for your inputs. Could you share your profile like do you have Quebec working experience, or do you have a VJO when you logged your application to Arrima?

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Thanks for your inputs. Could you share your profile like do you have Quebec working experience, or do you have a VJO when you logged your application to Arrima?
Sure nestlydc, I have been working in Quebec City since Sep 2019 as a temporary worker. I got the opportunity through linkedin while I was still working in US and actively looking for options to move to Canada. Employer took care of LMIA, CAQ, Work Permit and Visa formalities. Once I arrived I created profile in Arrima in Sep 2019 which expired without progressing in Sep 2020. However when I was nearing a year mark in QC I requested my employer to help me get the VJO done. While LMIA is needed for temporary employment, VJO is equivalent to employer stating to the ministry that they need the employee indefinitely (so more of a permanent position). Anyways I received my VJO in August and in September created a new Declaration of Interest in Arrima once the old one expired. Luckily I did that right before the draw and since this time I had the VJO updated in my DI I got the invite and am going through the process now. Once I submit my documents the expectation is to get an outcome in about 2-3 months after documents are received by the ministry. Fingers crossed. Feel free to let me know if I can provide any information that might be helpful to you. Happy to help.

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
Sure nestlydc, I have been working in Quebec City since Sep 2019 as a temporary worker. I got the opportunity through linkedin while I was still working in US and actively looking for options to move to Canada. Employer took care of LMIA, CAQ, Work Permit and Visa formalities. Once I arrived I created profile in Arrima in Sep 2019 which expired without progressing in Sep 2020. However when I was nearing a year mark in QC I requested my employer to help me get the VJO done. While LMIA is needed for temporary employment, VJO is equivalent to employer stating to the ministry that they need the employee indefinitely (so more of a permanent position). Anyways I received my VJO in August and in September created a new Declaration of Interest in Arrima once the old one expired. Luckily I did that right before the draw and since this time I had the VJO updated in my DI I got the invite and am going through the process now. Once I submit my documents the expectation is to get an outcome in about 2-3 months after documents are received by the ministry. Fingers crossed. Feel free to let me know if I can provide any information that might be helpful to you. Happy to help.
Its good to see the same story which I used to share always. CSQ is not taking 2-3 months nowadays. It's just matter of days. Send your documents as quick as possible.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Its good to see the same story which I used to share always. CSQ is not taking 2-3 months nowadays. It's just matter of days. Send your documents as quick as possible.
That is good to know. I did notice the document request came through pretty fast. Have you already sent your documents. I am in the process of getting everything and would send soon. Do you know the timeline after sending the documents from someone who received CSQ recently.