+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrima Applications- invited in 2020

Sam Vens

Dec 4, 2020
I believe police certs are for your home country and other countries you have lived in the past for 6 or months consecutively and not for the country you are currently living in. If you are an inland applicant you do not need to submit police cert for canada. If required they will request for it when it is needed.
Hey! I just wanted to ask you one general question - I have applied work permit GTS based program(in Quebec) from Malaysia(where I'm currently working on work permit from 1+ years). And I'm an Indian citizen. For work permit application there was police certificate required so I submitted police certificate from Malaysia where I'm currently living in and didn't submit police certificate of India. I'm still waiting for approval on my work permit from November 2020 but just curious to know, Indian police certificate will be also required in my case?

Sorry for the off topic. I'll appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey! I just wanted to ask you one general question - I have applied work permit GTS based program(in Quebec) from Malaysia(where I'm currently working on work permit from 1+ years). And I'm an Indian citizen. For work permit application there was police certificate required so I submitted police certificate from Malaysia where I'm currently living in and didn't submit police certificate of India. I'm still waiting for approval on my work permit from November 2020 but just curious to know, Indian police certificate will be also required in my case?

Thanks.
Not sure about WP requirements for a police certificate. No idea how things work in malaysia though.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020

Thanks.
Hey Sam, I got my WP in 2019 when I was working in US as an Indian. I did not have to provide any PCC. I am not sure if PCC requirement changes based on current country of residence.

Sam Vens

Dec 4, 2020
Hey Sam, I got my WP in 2019 when I was working in US as an Indian. I did not have to provide any PCC. I am not sure if PCC requirement changes based on current country of residence.
Hey Rajat, thanks for letting me know about this. Just one question, did you applied WP under global talent stream?

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey Rajat, thanks for letting me know about this. Just one question, did you applied WP under global talent stream?
Employer will apply for LMIA under global talent stream. Not sure if individuals can apply. Also minimum pay scalenfor the stream is 80k and above per year and the postiins need to be mentioned as senior or managerial in the LMIA application bybthe employers.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Sam,
No I do not think my WP is under global talent scheme.
WP doesn't mention anything to that effect. Mine is definitely not a managerial role.

Thanks,
Rajat

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Dear Friends of the Interwebs,
Thanks to the information sourced from you guys I have received my CSQ today. It has taken a little more time than expected.
I had lost my passport so lost a month just to get the police report in Quebec.
Then a little over a month to get a new passport.
However MIDI has been really fast considering the holiday season.
I am more than happy to share my experience in detail with all of you if that helps. Just send me a note and I would gladly provide more details.

I will send in my federal application soon and then wait for the next year or so :)

Sam Vens

Dec 4, 2020
Thanks to the information sourced from you guys I have received my CSQ today. It has taken a little more time than expected.
I am more than happy to share my experience in detail with all of you if that helps. Just send me a note and I would gladly provide more details.

I will send in my federal application soon and then wait for the next year or so :)
I wish you all the very best. By the way what would be the next procedure? And how much time it will take for you to get PR in Quebec?

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I wish you all the very best. By the way what would be the next procedure? And how much time it will take for you to get PR in Quebec?
Thanks Sam,
The next step is the federal process. I will send out my documents today and then wait for CIC to take action. This will at least have my documents postmarked for 2020.
Eventually CIC might request more documents or grant PR. There SLA is 24 months.
Before Arrima there was no restriction or control on applying for CSQ and obtaining one but there was control on how many candidates with CSQ can be granted PR each year. This created a backlog of CSQ candidates waiting for PR for quite long times.
I am guessing since Arrima has been going on for about a year and a half some of that backlog might have been addressed. I am hoping response times from CIC would improve consistently. Since for 2020 Quebec has not given out a lot of CSQs I would go out on a limb and say that I would expect the PR to materialize by mid 2022 at the latest.
As for me I send my docs today and wait for acknowledgement and then PR. That is pretty much it.

Thanks.
Rajat

Sam Vens

Dec 4, 2020
Thanks Sam,
The next step is the federal process. I will send out my documents today and then wait for CIC to take action. This will at least have my documents postmarked for 2020.
Eventually CIC might request more documents or grant PR. There SLA is 24 months.
Before Arrima there was no restriction or control on applying for CSQ and obtaining one but there was control on how many candidates with CSQ can be granted PR each year. This created a backlog of CSQ candidates waiting for PR for quite long times.
I am guessing since Arrima has been going on for about a year and a half some of that backlog might have been addressed. I am hoping response times from CIC would improve consistently. Since for 2020 Quebec has not given out a lot of CSQs I would go out on a limb and say that I would expect the PR to materialize by mid 2022 at the latest.
As for me I send my docs today and wait for acknowledgement and then PR. That is pretty much it.

Thanks.
Rajat
Thank you, Rajat for all the information. I think Quebec takes way longer time than all other EE or PNP programs. Right?

Sarvesh Ahuja

Jan 5, 2021

Congratulations! :)

Reactions: rajat.tiwari

noc173

Feb 2, 2021
Hello Friends,

I've just got the invite for a few days. Now the next part is to submit from Mon projet portal. Can somebody let me know if the points can be added up as per the number of the degree, let's say I have more than 1 bachelor degree, or just a single Degree should be granted with points ? Thank you in advance.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hello Friends,

I've just got the invite for a few days. Now the next part is to submit from Mon projet portal. Can somebody let me know if the points can be added up as per the number of the degree, let's say I have more than 1 bachelor degree, or just a single Degree should be granted with points ? Thank you in advance.
Hello noc173,

Congrats on getting the invite.
The invite has been extended to you based on the information you provided in Arrima. Your point score that was calculated based on the information in Arrima was deemed sufficient to extend you an invite. If nothing has changed significantly since you applied on Arrima and got an invite then it would be best to fill out the mon project exactly as it was in Arrima. In fact a lot of information is automatically pulled from Arrima in your mon project profile so you would just need to verify it for correctness.
Having said that, say if you finished school since you applied on Arrima and got a new degree certificate or diploma, you should add that to the mon project and add a letter of explanation when you send your documents to MIDI explaining the reason of change in information between Arrima and Mon Project.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Rajat

noc173

Feb 2, 2021
Hello noc173,

Congrats on getting the invite.
The invite has been extended to you based on the information you provided in Arrima. Your point score that was calculated based on the information in Arrima was deemed sufficient to extend you an invite. If nothing has changed significantly since you applied on Arrima and got an invite then it would be best to fill out the mon project exactly as it was in Arrima. In fact a lot of information is automatically pulled from Arrima in your mon project profile so you would just need to verify it for correctness.
Having said that, say if you finished school since you applied on Arrima and got a new degree certificate or diploma, you should add that to the mon project and add a letter of explanation when you send your documents to MIDI explaining the reason of change in information between Arrima and Mon Project.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Rajat
Hey Rajat,

Thank you very much for your information. Actually I have 3 bachelor degrees in English, Computer science and Finance & Banking. The third one of Finance & Banking is a distance learning degree, and not relevant to my experience as IT, so I rarely put it in many declaration, except for my resume. Having submitted my EI thru Arrima without inputting the 3rd degree, now it looks to me as an add-up point potential. That's why I was thinking of adding it in the Mon projet. However I'm almost sure they would pick the degree that might count the highest point, in this case it is Computer science with 12 points, instead of adding all the degree. I don't think it will be possible for an add-up point scenario like CS 12 point + finance 9 point = 21 points, which would far surpass a master or a phD degree. make sense ? Thanks.

rajat.tiwari

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hey Rajat,

Thank you very much for your information. Actually I have 3 bachelor degrees in English, Computer science and Finance & Banking. The third one of Finance & Banking is a distance learning degree, and not relevant to my experience as IT, so I rarely put it in many declaration, except for my resume. Having submitted my EI thru Arrima without inputting the 3rd degree, now it looks to me as an add-up point potential. That's why I was thinking of adding it in the Mon projet. However I'm almost sure they would pick the degree that might count the highest point, in this case it is Computer science with 12 points, instead of adding all the degree. I don't think it will be possible for an add-up point scenario like CS 12 point + finance 9 point = 21 points, which would far surpass a master or a phD degree. make sense ? Thanks.
Thanks for explaining noc.
It makes sense. However I still think that having received an invite you are past the stage of worrying about points.
As long as you can provide supporting documents for the information you provided in Arrima the safest thing to do would be to put in same information in Mon Project as was in Arrima Declaration.
To your point I also think they might only consider degrees relevant to your work experience and current field of work. So putting in the third degree might not give any extra benefit. However I am not 100% sure about this.

Thanks,
Rajat