Mar 24, 2020
File number 360th
July 4 invitation
Document request sept 4
Documents sent 7 October
Request more documents January 16
Sent and AOR January 22
Intention to refuse may 27
I think Work Experience factor is also a possibility where you can have some points if you have gained some experience after the invitation and you can claim it. If you were working throughout this period, then the situation might have changed for you since you have worked for almost a year now after the invitation so you can count the total number of months again and see if that gain you some points.
Also, area of training might be helpful if you didn't select correctly.

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I think Work Experience factor is also a possibility where you can have some points if you have gained some experience after the invitation and you can claim it. If you were working throughout this period, then the situation might have changed for you since you have worked for almost a year now after the invitation so you can count the total number of months again and see if that gain you some points.
I got the max in experience 8 points

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I got max in area of training 12

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
My olets is 6.5/6.5/6.5/6.5
So you still have opportunity to get 2 more points if you get "8" in Listening or "7" in speaking

• Listening - CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (2 points)
  • Speaking - CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (2 points)

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
So you still have opportunity to get 2 more points if you get "8" in Listening or "7" in speaking

• Listening - CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (2 points)
  • Speaking - CLB 1 to CLB 4 Beginner (0 points), CLB 5 to CLB 8 Intermediate (1 point), CLB 9 to CLB 12 Advanced (2 points)
This is not garantie may I could not
Vjo is good solution but I see some forms needed from the employer

hhrb

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello everyone,

Does teaching in Quebec (Cegep level) as an hourly paid teacher (with seniority building up) count as a VJO, or it’s only considered when having a full time job? And would this help me earn some pts for English proficiency? ( I haven’t done an ilets but I am a PhD graduate from Quebec)

Thanks in advance for help!

soso2020

Mar 23, 2020
Zero points for age
I think you need to explain your situation to your employer and ask him to help you in friendly way. I have a question, did you have zero points for the age even before they canceled your file by bill 9.
I am asking because I am one of the bill 9 canceled files and I am not sure how they will calculate my age ( will they give points according to my age at time when I first submitted, or after Arrima invitation)

Patrick09

Nov 13, 2019
File number 360th
July 4 invitation
Document request sept 4
Documents sent 7 October
Request more documents January 16
Sent and AOR January 22
Intention to refuse may 27
I'm a little bit confused.They usually calculate the point first before even asking for document. If you don't have enough point it's an intention of refuse and they give you opportunity to add information to your file to get more point. But if they ask document its normally mean that you got enough point and if all the document are correct they send the CSQ

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I think you need to explain your situation to your employer and ask him to help you in friendly way. I have a question, did you have zero points for the age even before they canceled your file by bill 9.
I am asking because I am one of the bill 9 canceled files and I am not sure how they will calculate my age ( will they give points according to my age at time when I first submitted, or after Arrima invitation)
I am bill 9 victim also
I am 48 so I do not have age points from the beginning
They calculate the age points the day you submit your application

Reactions: soso2020