Toronto
Category........
CEC
File # 950+
Arrima Invitation: 19 Aug2019
MonProject Submission: 29 Aug2019
Document requested: 18 Feb 2020
Document received acknowledgment: 10 Mar2020
my documents received acknowledgment was on 13 March 2020 ,we have same timeline

salehsust

Feb 4, 2018
File # under 250
Arima invitation: 2019-07-04
Mon Project Quebec File submission: 2019-07-08
Document request: 2019-09-04
Document sent: 2019-10-11
Document Received by MIDI: 2019-10-17
1st Intention to reject your request:- 2019-12-04
Document sent: 2019-12-06
Document Received by MIDI: 2019-12-13
Status- Processing

mani127

Sep 9, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
File no 1200+
Arrima invitation 23 oct 2019
Monproject submission 30 oct 2019
Doc request 18 feb 2020
Doc received acknowledgment 13 March 2020
Status processing

Reactions: salehsust

moioxomiya

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
my CSQ is in process, yet why is the option to update profile still active? This option to update profile was disabled as soon as the application was in status "processing". Has anything changed recently due to COVID?

Nikos1978

Jan 8, 2020
Quebec - Quebec City
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
AOR Received.
12-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
01-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2021
my CSQ is in process, yet why is the option to update profile still active? This option to update profile was disabled as soon as the application was in status "processing". Has anything changed recently due to COVID?
No it's the normal process, sometimes you can modify your file during processing, sometimes you can't.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
File # under 250
Arima invitation: 2019-07-04
Mon Project Quebec File submission: 2019-07-08
Document request: 2019-09-04
Document sent: 2019-10-11
Document Received by MIDI: 2019-10-17
1st Intention to reject your request:- 2019-12-04
Document sent: 2019-12-06
Document Received by MIDI: 2019-12-13
Status- Processing
Write your timeline in your signature and keep in touch please .

Reactions: salehsust

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/the-coronavirus-pandemic-has-shaken-quebecs-immigration-system/

Not a surprise...

Now covid-19 becomes their new excuse to delay issuing CSQ, and good for them, they can keep using it as an excuse as long as the pandemic is ongoing; while express entry is still inviting people.
Oh trust me, it doesnt end there. Even if you managed to get a CSQ, Quebec's anti immigrant CAQ government can cut quota at the Federal stage of the process citing reasons that since economy is down, they dont need more economic immigrants. Currently the Federal stage processing time is 23 months thanks to the recent quota cuts by the CAQ government. Now they will have all the reasons to cut even more quota.

Reactions: erwin2020

RK2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
Oh trust me, it doesnt end there. Even if you managed to get a CSQ, Quebec's anti immigrant CAQ government can cut quota at the Federal stage of the process citing reasons that since economy is down, they dont need more economic immigrants. Currently the Federal stage processing time is 23 months thanks to the recent quota cuts by the CAQ government. Now they will have all the reasons to cut even more quota.
Does this mean, if you are high tax payer( while on Work permit and CSQ with job). your chances of getting PR is high !!

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Does this mean, if you are high tax payer( while on Work permit and CSQ with job). your chances of getting PR is high !!
Unfortunately no. The selection process is not transparent and no one really knows what is the exact criteria they are using to issue CSQs. They do not publish the score or selection numbers in their website. Very sneaky of them.

Even if you get a CSQ, you will be bogged down by the quota cuts at Federal stage ( Dont blame the Federal government, Quebec is the one who controls the economic immigration quota in Federal level too)

Immigration in Quebec is now more of a right wing identity politics rather than attracting skilled workers to Quebec.
One of CAQ govt political campaign was anti immigration and they created many immigration fiascos after they got elected. Thanks to Corona virus, Simon Jolin-Barrette is not getting the spot light now.
I unfortunately got stuck in Quebec because I like my employer. I suggest skilled immigrants leave Quebec and apply for Express Entry if they want to get PR faster. Quebec immigration will eat at-least 2-4 years of your life for sure.

Reactions: erwin2020

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Can you explain what is this qouta story now? i am totally sick of this so called quebec immigration ,they are failed and looser ,they cancelled all file before this stupid arima darama and give us lame excuses that they cant cover all files so they are cancelling and now when they finished all drama then again its almost an year and we all are waiting and waiting and waiting and quebec immigration are taking rest and for sure laughing on us ,i have been waiting since 2016 and until now, nothing happen ,quebec immigration is a big joke for all of us .

RK2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
Can you explain what is this qouta story now? i am totally sick of this so called quebec immigration ,they are failed and looser ,they cancelled all file before this stupid arima darama and give us lame excuses that they cant cover all files so they are cancelling and now when they finished all drama then again its almost an year and we all are waiting and waiting and waiting and quebec immigration are taking rest and for sure laughing on us ,i have been waiting since 2016 and until now, nothing happen ,quebec immigration is a big joke for all of us .
All,
These are tough times. hold your hope and follow your own self expert judgement.
Everyone has a individual motivational story in this immigration journey.
Stay positve. stay safe.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Here is a short history. Many immigration lawyers and agents will tend to disagree with this reality.
It all started in 2016.
Illegal border crossers started crossing in Lacolle border because of Trump's rhetoric.
Liberals tend to like illegals and refugees more than skilled workers.
They started issuing CSQs like crazy to those illegals while withholding skilled worker CSQ applications.
They also accepted applications based on First come first serve instead of skill based selection.
This lead to the entire world applying for CSQs.
They issued CSQs far too much than the Federal quota allowed and could process.
So it created backlogs at the Federal stage since 2016 and processing times in Federal stage shot up from 11, 17 to 21 months !!.

Quebeckers got tired of this (remember Montreal olympic stadium was filled with illegals) and voted Liberals out for the current anti immigrant CAQ government who promised their xenophobic voter base to cut immigration.
Cant blame Quebeckers because illegals were pouring in from the Lacolle border in droves.
Now CAQ govt wants to make good on their election promise and they cancelled all the Mon Project applicants.
They also cut the Federal quota by 20% which again increased the Federal processing time to currently 23 months.
CAQ govt shows little interest in immigration and thats why Arrima Portal is not processing much applications.
They are in no hurry to make it faster.

Canada Quebec Accord Quota System
Every year Quebec tells Federal govt how many economic immigrant PRs can Federal govt issue. This is according to "Canada Quebec Accord", an agreement made long back. After the CAQ came into power, they cut this quota for economic immigrants by 20%, thats why even after you get a CSQ, you will have to wait 23 months.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/agreements/federal-provincial-territorial/quebec/canada-quebec-accord-relating-immigration-temporary-admission-aliens.html

https://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec/quebec-tables-plan-to-reduce-immigration-trudeau-says-nows-not-a-good-time

This is why I am suggesting all the Inland skilled workers, if you have enough points for Express Entry, get the hell out of Quebec and get your PR in 6 months. Those who does not have enough points for Express Entry, be prepared to wait for a long long time.

Here are relevant news sources, so that you know I am not speaking out of my imagination.

1. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-immigration-legault-trudeau-1.4931929
2. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/here-is-the-caq-wunderkind-in-charge-of-cutting-quebec-s-immigration-levels-1.4868549
3. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/asylum-seekers-quebec-roxham-1.4232608
4. https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/de-facto-amnesty-a-look-at-the-daunting-reality-of-canadas-migrant-crisis
5. https://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec/no-apology-legault-steers-immigration-blame-back-at-liberals/

Last edited: