+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Employment/Valid Job Offer

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.

Lastly, the son who is 19 was recently charged and convicted of Driving While Impaired in Peru. I know in Canada, a DWI is a criminal offence under the Criminal Code and is listed as a hybrid offence. Would his conviction affect the father's application for permanent residence in any way?
Yes, his son is inadmissible to Canada.

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Ok, thought so.

If the father has a calculated CRS score of 438, do you think there is a likelihood of him to get an invitation to apply for permanent residence? Or is that just a wait and see type of deal? Again, no arranged employment or valid job offer.

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Would he need a valid job offer or arranged employment to get accepted? Or would that just bump his CRS profile up to get an invitation to apply?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
I am curious about the 22-year old after reading this. Could he qualify as an overage dependent since he is a full-time student and has depended on his parents financially?

Definition of a dependent child as of October 24, 2017

Children qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• they’re under 22 years old, and
  • they don’t have a spouse or common-law partner.
Children 22 years old or older (also known as an overage dependent children) qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition.
  • have depended largely on a parent's financial support since they became a spouse or partner.
Overage dependants

To be eligible as a dependant, children 22 years old and older must:

• have depended on a parent's financial support since before the age of 22 because of a physical or mental condition
or

• have been a full-time student on an ongoing basis since before the age of 22, and
  • have depended on a parent's financial support since that time.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You tell me, is he (his son) unable to support himself because of a mental or physical condition?

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
No, but..
  • have been a full-time student on an ongoing basis since before the age of 22, and
Would that not make him eligible as an overage dependent or am I reading that wrong?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, but..
Would that not make him eligible as an overage dependent or am I reading that wrong?
Such definition of a dependent does not apply anymore. "Definition of a dependent child on or before July 31, 2014"

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Ah, yes! Thank you. So the 19-year-old before the DWI conviction. Would he be considered a dependant Type A based off of the following...

Definition of a dependent child from August 1, 2014, to October 23, 2017

Children qualify as dependants if they are:

• under 19 years old, and do not have a spouse or common-law partner, or
  • 19 years old or older (also known as overage dependent children) and have depended on the parent’s financial support since before the age of 19 because of a physical or mental condition

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are still reading the wrong definition of a dependent child "August 1, 2014, to October 23, 2017"

"
Use our online tool to check if your child qualifies as a dependant.

Definition of a dependent child as of October 24, 2017

Children qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• they’re under 22 years old, and
  • they don’t have a spouse or common-law partner.
Children 22 years old or older (also known as an overage dependent children) qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:

• they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
  • they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition."
That's what currently applies.

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Ok, thanks so much.

When doing the CRS scores, even though his wife did the language tests, has a high education in Peru, but will not be accompanying him to Canada, her information does not count towards the CRS point system, right? It would just be solely his information that does into calculating the scores?

Also, his work experience of 11 years as a welder with no proper license would count as a skilled experience?

sulabh17

Feb 12, 2018
Hi I didn't show my work experience when I applied for study visa from india can I show that now if I apply for any stream?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, thanks so much.

When doing the CRS scores, even though his wife did the language tests, has a high education in Peru, but will not be accompanying him to Canada, her information does not count towards the CRS point system, right? It would just be solely his information that does into calculating the scores?

Also, his work experience of 11 years as a welder with no proper license would count as a skilled experience?
Her language scores/education are irrelevant. We do not see often an applicant with a NOC of a trade apply under the Federal Skilled Worker program so I cannot answer your question regarding not having a license.