+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged Employment/Valid Job Offer

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Is this considered Arranged Employment or a Valid Job Offer?

A welder from Peru with 11 years experience (no welder license) and the required education (obtained the required equivalency assessment) and language requirements (both English and French) searched for jobs in Canada. He received an email for a job offer for continuous, full-time work as a welder for a period of 1 year. He wants to apply through the Federal Skills Worker Class. Is that considered a valid job offer?

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Also, if the welder has a spouse (who will not be accompanying him to Canada) and has 2 sons, aged 19 and 21...could the sons be allowed to come if he applies through the Federal Skills Worker Class? Is there more information I may be able to read up on this? Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this considered Arranged Employment or a Valid Job Offer?

A welder from Peru with 11 years experience (no welder license) and the required education (obtained the required equivalency assessment) and language requirements (both English and French) searched for jobs in Canada. He received an email for a job offer for continuous, full-time work as a welder for a period of 1 year. He wants to apply through the Federal Skills Worker Class. Is that considered a valid job offer?
A job offer is considered "valid" if it is supported by LMIA OR

with a LMIA exempt work permit which is employer specific (closed work permit) after the applicant manages to obtain a year of full-time work experience.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Thank you. So if the email containing the job offer did not have an LMIA supported, then the offer is not considered valid, correct?

He has the work experience, or does that work experience have to be in Canada?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. So if the email containing the job offer did not have an LMIA supported, then the offer is not considered valid, correct?

He has the work experience, or does that work experience have to be in Canada?
He doesn't need Canadian work experience in order to qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker program.

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
He doesn't need Canadian work experience in order to qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker program.
Ok, so I guess what I am getting at is, the email he received from a Canadian employer offering him continuously, full-time work as a welder for a period of 1 year is not considered a valid job offer or arranged employment? Because he did not state information as to start date, hours, wage and such? Also, this man has not made any application yet for the FSWC, so he does not have PR status in Canada. He is qualified under NOC 7237 Skill Level B but has not done the application yet. Was just not sure if that email counted as a valid job offer or arranged employment.

Example: FSWC - IRPR 82 (1) In this section, arranged employment means an offer of employment that is made by a single employer other than an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer who is referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii), that is for continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued, and that is in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, so I guess what I am getting at is, the email he received from a Canadian employer offering him continuously, full-time work as a welder for a period of 1 year is not considered a valid job offer or arranged employment? Because he did not state information as to start date, hours, wage and such? Also, this man has not made any application yet for the FSWC, so he does not have PR status in Canada. He is qualified under NOC 7237 Skill Level B but has not done the application yet. Was just not sure if that email counted as a valid job offer or arranged employment.

Example: FSWC - IRPR 82 (1) In this section, arranged employment means an offer of employment that is made by a single employer other than an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer who is referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii), that is for continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued, and that is in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix.
As already mentioned it is not a valid job offer, it has nothing to do with the information in such offer but the fact that it is not supported by LMIA.

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Ok, thanks!

And would his sons, ages 21 and 19, single, be eligible to accompany him to Canada when he applies for the Federal Skills Worker Program? He has enough Canadian funds too. Would I just follow the PR application process for the children?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, thanks!

And would his sons, ages 21 and 19, single, be eligible to accompany him to Canada when he applies for the Federal Skills Worker Program? He has enough Canadian funds too. Would I just follow the PR application process for the children?
Well yes, but once his son of 21 years old turns 22 he won't be able to include him in his application. That is, his son cannot be considered a dependent anymore at the age of 22.

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Ok. So what happens if the son turns 22 before he applies. Would he not be able to come to Canada with him?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. So what happens if the son turns 22 before he applies. Would he not be able to come to Canada with him?
Correct. If his son wants to obtain PR then he would have to apply based on his own merits.

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Ok, great.

Can the son who turns 22 prove that he has relied on his dad for financial support his whole life, before turning 22? Or that does not matter to them?

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Ok, great.

Can the son who turns 22 prove that he has relied on his dad for financial support his whole life, before turning 22? Or that does not matter to them?
Forgot to add, he is a full-time student in Peru but will turn 22 soon

TFS

Sep 15, 2017
Thanks.

Lastly, the son who is 19 was recently charged and convicted of Driving While Impaired in Peru. I know in Canada, a DWI is a criminal offence under the Criminal Code and is listed as a hybrid offence. Would his conviction affect the father's application for permanent residence in any way?