+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arranged employment letter - Year after PR

MrTambo

Nov 23, 2022
Just noticed that the letter of employment submitted on my application doesn't explicitly say that I'm going to me employed one year after PR but says that I'm going to be employed 2 years from the day of my application (24 nov). Given the processing times the 2 years stated on my letter should be enough but how strict is IRCC with this interpretations?

Extract from my employment letter
"I, [owner], certify as the owner of [company] that [applicant]., whose contract as an industrial engineer started on 20/10/2021, will continue to be employed full-time by [Company name] as an Industrial Engineer for at least 2 years from today."

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Just noticed that the letter of employment submitted on my application doesn't explicitly say that I'm going to me employed one year after PR but says that I'm going to be employed 2 years from the day of my application (24 nov). Given the processing times the 2 years stated on my letter should be enough but how strict is IRCC with this interpretations?

Extract from my employment letter
"I, [owner], certify as the owner of [company] that [applicant]., whose contract as an industrial engineer started on 20/10/2021, will continue to be employed full-time by [Company name] as an Industrial Engineer for at least 2 years from today."
To be honest, it totally depends on the visa officer reviewing your application. I have seen people getting the points just with a 'full-time, continous, permanent/indefinite position' verbiage, and some applicants rejected with the missing sentence of '1 year after PR' clause.

You can also try explaining in a a letter of explanation about the same, and attach your work permit to support the letter of employment.

MrTambo

Nov 23, 2022
To be honest, it totally depends on the visa officer reviewing your application. I have seen people getting the points just with a 'full-time, continous, permanent/indefinite position' verbiage, and some applicants rejected with the missing sentence of '1 year after PR' clause.

You can also try explaining in a a letter of explanation about the same, and attach your work permit to support the letter of employment.
Thanks for the reply! Where can I upload a LOE without being asked for? Can't find it in my profile page

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thanks for the reply! Where can I upload a LOE without being asked for? Can't find it in my profile page
There is a 'Client information' section where you upload other documents post ITA. You can upload the LOE there.