Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Hello Everyone,

I want to know what exactly is required for the arranged employment within Canada (i.e if currently working in Canada on a work permit). What must the letter from the employer entail (share a template if possible)? Are there specific types of jobs or it can be any skilled job? What other proof should be submitted with that letter to prove that job offer is genuine?
If you can share the exact and entire process (just for the arranged employment part, and within Canada) and explain how HRDSC comes into the process I would be really grateful.

This is what the CIC website says, its really vague about what exactly they would need from the employer of a canadian employee in Canada

If you have an offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, it can improve your chances of having your federal skilled worker application approved.

Depending on your circumstances, the requirements for a valid offer of employment are different.

1) If you are currently working in Canada:

your current employer must have made an offer to give you a permanent job if you are accepted as a federal skilled worker, and
your temporary work permit must be valid both when you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued.

tugga82

Dec 15, 2009
hey,
I guess I told you in an email that you would qualify for AEO if you have a PG work permit and if the job offer is indeterminate. As long as your employers says that they are willing to hire you permanently after u get ur PR u wont have a problem. The work permit should be valid when they issue the visa. If am wrong, other members, please do correct me.
If you have further questions, write a letter to CIO asking if a permanent offer under PG work Permit will qualify for FSW2.
Hope this helps

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Hey tugga,

Thanks for your reply. I was asking about the process and how to go about it rather than whether or not I qualify. I just wanted to know what the procedure for those residing in Canada is; whether there is a specific template that the employer has to follow when writing a job offer and whether that job offer has to go to HRDSC at any point during the process.Are there specific types of jobs or it can be any skilled job? What other proof should be submitted with that letter to prove that job offer is genuine?

This is what the CIC website says, its really vague about what exactly they would need from the employer of a canadian employee in Canada

If you have an offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, it can improve your chances of having your federal skilled worker application approved.

Depending on your circumstances, the requirements for a valid offer of employment are different.

your current employer must have made an offer to give you a permanent job if you are accepted as a federal skilled worker, and
your temporary work permit must be valid both when you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued.

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

There is no specific format of letter from employer. but if you are on PG work permit u must have a copy of LMO. If you are going to start a new job then I think u need a copy of AEO from HRSDC applied by your employer.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Hey Manek,

Can you elaborate on the steps of that process? As a PGWP holder my employer would need to apply through HRDSC just like regular and get a LMO? I am already employed..sorry, I am a bit confused. Thanks

tugga82

Dec 15, 2009
If you download the document checklist form, it says for category 2, if you are working in canada, a copy of the work permit and the offer letter from the employer with no end date. and the other option is for those working on HRSDC work permit which requires an LMO. Other members can add. But the best I would suggest is if you are not sure, write a letter to CIO asking them your question. They will reply for sure.
There is no specific format or template, just ask your employer to give a letter stating that they would hire you permeanently once your pR visa is successful...Hope this helps

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Thanks tugga, it makes much more sense now. I just wanted to make sure that for the first option HRDSC is not involved at any stage. So, its just the letter from the employer then? I will give CIC a shout Monday and let everyone know. Thanks again !

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are working right now and want to continue same employer to file PR, you must have a copy of LMO..isnt it? If not then are you in LMO exempted category? If yes then HRSDC is not involved in your case.

ok let me guess, you are working on PG Work permit and your employer want to hire you on permanent basis.
You need to show current contract, letter from employer for indeterminate employment, copy of your work permit to prove validity.

check manual here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
see description on point 5.26 on page 37/38 for post graduate work permit. It is exempted from LMO. So you only require copy of work permit and letter from employer. No HRSDC involvement. hurray..go file it.. :D

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
manek said:
see description on point 5.26 on page 37/38 for post graduate work permit. It is exempted from LMO. So you only require copy of work permit and letter from employer. No HRSDC involvement. hurray..go file it.. :D
Yay!! Thanks so much Manek! You just made my day. I will go through the manual first and then file. :D

yajumba

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2008
Doc's Request.
08-09-2010
AOR Received.
10-10-2008
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
March 2009
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2011
LANDED..........
22-10-2011
Hey

Actually AEO and LMO are two different things. You need AEO when you donot started a job and employer gave you an offer letter which states that you are hired after you got your PR. Then you have to apply for AEO with Service Canada. But I think you had a post graduation work permit and you already started a job. Now if your PGWP is expiring, your employer has to apply for LMO (same as AEO). Once you get positive LMO from service canada, then you have to apply for your work permit. If you want to apply for PR, you have to send this LMO copy to CIC. After getting LMO letter, CIC will give you points for arranged employment. So the point is LMO and AEO serves the same purpose but are meant for different situations.

Hope this helps.

Hello Everyone,

I want to know what exactly is required for the arranged employment within Canada (i.e if currently working in Canada on a work permit). What must the letter from the employer entail (share a template if possible)? Are there specific types of jobs or it can be any skilled job? What other proof should be submitted with that letter to prove that job offer is genuine?
If you can share the exact and entire process (just for the arranged employment part, and within Canada) and explain how HRDSC comes into the process I would be really grateful.

[/quote]

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Okay, but my post graduate work permit is no where near expiring. I am already employed so I dont need either an LMO or an AEO just a letter from my employer saying that they will hire me indeterminately once I get my PR. Is that correct?

yajumba said:
Hey

Actually AEO and LMO are two different things. You need AEO when you donot started a job and employer gave you an offer letter which states that you are hired after you got your PR. Then you have to apply for AEO with Service Canada. But I think you had a post graduation work permit and you already started a job. Now if your PGWP is expiring, your employer has to apply for LMO (same as AEO). Once you get positive LMO from service canada, then you have to apply for your work permit. If you want to apply for PR, you have to send this LMO copy to CIC. After getting LMO letter, CIC will give you points for arranged employment. So the point is LMO and AEO serves the same purpose but are meant for different situations.

Hope this helps.

Hello Everyone,

aiko

Aug 18, 2010
hello guys
I am the spouse of an International student with open work permit. My employer where I am now working is offering me a permanent job under NOC B. Then, to get 10 points from arranged employment catagory, do I need to get AEO or LMO? or do I send only my copy of Open Work Permit with the job offer letter from the employer? please help me. Every thing is ready with me I just need this information.

thanks
aiko