Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Okay I have a very URGENT question. It says on the CIC website for those currently on Canada on a work permit, a letter from your current
employer offering you indeterminate employment once you get your PR is required. However, I really need to know what if this letter is offered by a different employer, an employer that is willing to hire me permanently only when I get PR. In this case, would I need a LMO? PLEAS if anyone knows the answer please let me know.

yajumba

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2008
Doc's Request.
08-09-2010
AOR Received.
10-10-2008
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
March 2009
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2011
LANDED..........
22-10-2011
Hi Mahek

You don't need LMO but instead you need to get AEO (arranged employment opinion). Once you get this AEO, then you can send its copy with your PR application. That way you will get points for arranded employment. LMO is generallyy required wehn you have already joined a job.

hope this helps.

mahek286 said:
Okay I have a very URGENT question. It says on the CIC website for those currently on Canada on a work permit, a letter from your current
employer offering you indeterminate employment once you get your PR is required. However, I really need to know what if this letter is offered by a different employer, an employer that is willing to hire me permanently only when I get PR. In this case, would I need a LMO? PLEAS if anyone knows the answer please let me know.

G

gte439u

yajumba said:
Hi Mahek

You don't need LMO but instead you need to get AEO (arranged employment opinion). Once you get this AEO, then you can send its copy with your PR application. That way you will get points for arranded employment. LMO is generallyy required wehn you have already joined a job.

hope this helps.
Assuming that one has an offer of inderminate employment and a Post-Graduation Work Permit, one does not require an AEO or LMO from Service Canada. One need only submit a genuine offer of indertinminate employment.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-employment.asp

You are in the second category on the above chart. The PGWP falls into the significant benefit to Canada category.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Thank you for your answer. I know that as a post graduate work permit holder currently working in Canada I do not need an AEO or a LMO. However, the category 2 requirment of Arranged Employment says an offer of indeterminate employment from your current employer so my question is what if i have a genuine offer but not from my current employer ..from a different one, will I still be exempt of getting an AEO?

gte439u said:
Assuming that one has an offer of inderminate employment and a Post-Graduation Work Permit, one does not require an AEO or LMO from Service Canada. One need only submit a genuine offer of indertinminate employment.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-employment.asp

You are in the second category on the above chart. The PGWP falls into the significant benefit to Canada category.

G

gte439u

mahek286 said:
Thank you for your answer. I know that as a post graduate work permit holder currently working in Canada I do not need an AEO or a LMO. However, the category 2 requirment of Arranged Employment says an offer of indeterminate employment from your current employer so my question is what if i have a genuine offer but not from my current employer ..from a different one, will I still be exempt of getting an AEO?
Look at Page 41 of OP-6 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf)

It appears that it has to be from your current employer.

Keep in mind that these are merely guides to the officers. The individual officer can still make a different determination.

xnista

Oct 31, 2009
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Cour.d 27/06/11
Doc's Request.
Rec.vd 29/06/11
Nomination.....
Cc 18/07/11
AOR Received.
PER 02/09/11
IELTS Request
19/03/11
File Transfer...
RBVO 23/09/11 - CIC asked update 08/08/12 within 60 days
Med's Request
Update was sent by mid Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Request July 29, done Aug 1, sent Aug 6 online, receipt confirmed Aug 9
Interview........
28/05/2013 called for 13/06/2013
Passport Req..
11/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/11/2013
LANDED..........
25/12/2013 Christmas Eve
Really interesting discussion. My friend has one year work permit, and before one full year he can not apply for PR! so how he can apply for PR from inside Canada?