+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are the teaching professionals(teachers) negligible in Canada?

R Kaur

Nov 24, 2010
UK
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
4141 - Secondary School Teacher - ICT & Business
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Aug-2007
Doc's Request.
22 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
29-Aug-2007
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02-Sept-2010
Med's Done....
08-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Jan-2011
I’m a qualified teacher in the UK (ICT Teacher) and i am immigrating to Canada in the next few months. I would consider my English to be excellent as i was born and bred in the UK.

I’m not sure if my English would restrict me from getting a job - however the British accent might, but i think not having Canadian experience might however restrict me.

But i am like many other teachers determined to teach in Canada. Apparently private schools are the best place to start.

Good Luck Everyone!!! I’m sure we will all get decent jobs in Canada... after all its an opportunity we have been given, and it will be a challenge!!!
:D

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Luck Kaur for your determination and intended success in getting professional job in the area you preferred... I am sure good planning, appropriate approach and determination can well back up a really qualified professional in finding their domain anywhere in the world....All the best

johncool

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
india
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
situation is not so bad...
my real sister is in canada. she is been upto various courses for quite a long time.
but now done with teaching course and earning really well.
whatever the profession is,,after experience and good skills and determination everybody raise to a level safe and secure

R Kaur

Nov 24, 2010
UK
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
4141 - Secondary School Teacher - ICT & Business
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Aug-2007
Doc's Request.
22 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
29-Aug-2007
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02-Sept-2010
Med's Done....
08-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Jan-2011
Yes i am a fully time teacher in the UK holding a teaching job.

People dont immigrate to canada for better jobs in there selected occupation there are other reason aswell... like better quality of life, better future.

Im not sure pittabred where you are from but in Canada they speak english but with a canadian accent like here in the UK we speak english but with a british accent. In both counties english is spoken clearly and fluently.

mmilon

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
application recieved on 30 September,2009
Doc's Request.
recied -November 30, 2009
IELTS Request
given with 1st application
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st April 2011
Dear Buddies,
When I created the topic I expected all would share constructive thought regarding teaching profession. But ,unfortunately, now I see so many unexpected things are being discussed to unleash personal exaggeration and harsh replies.Those who are prospective immigrant should focus on the ways to cope up a new set up of life abroad not to make others in the forum understand what they are or what extraordinary credentials they have.From my point of view I believe the British having outstanding quality in English should stay back in England as the emoluments for the teachers in England is the highest in comparison with other jobs. We are migrating primarily for better survival for us and our progeny not to choose different jobs (if it happens my way no problem). If I could survive here with dignity I would not immigrate while our British brother's intention is to show his quality globally. Please, all pass constructive opinion as to what our future would be in terms of teaching profession and other imperative questions about upcoming life.

Thank you

Benjamin Sapkota

Jul 1, 2010
kolkata, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
hi friends,
I am too a qualified High school teacher , immigrating to canada....... ontario, when I contacted OCT as it is the regulated body in Ontario they told me to send all the required documents like transcripts, letter of professional standing, letter from my college etc prior to my landing .. so I have started sending the documents ..........

i knw it is difficult to get teaching job there in canada with indian experience but my plan is to get enrol in LINC (language instruction for new comers) and do some bridging programmes.....

lets see what lies ahead in future, but future also depends on hw u prepare urself!!!!!

Regards,
Benjamin

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Benjamin Sapkota said:
hi friends,
I am too a qualified High school teacher , immigrating to canada....... ontario, when I contacted OCT as it is the regulated body in Ontario they told me to send all the required documents like transcripts, letter of professional standing, letter from my college etc prior to my landing .. so I have started sending the documents ..........

i knw it is difficult to get teaching job there in canada with indian experience but my plan is to get enrol in LINC (language instruction for new comers) and do some bridging programmes.....

lets see what lies ahead in future, but future also depends on hw u prepare urself!!!!!

Regards,
Benjamin
Thats the spirit mate... Nothing in life should let go without challenge and try hard for... the rest is on the hand of GOD... Pl let us know the response you might get from OCT... All the best

sum122119

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Lodon Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
25 FEB 2010
AOR Received.
19 Aug 2010
IELTS Request
sent with the doc result 7 bands
File Transfer...
27 July
Med's Request
awaited
Med's Done....
awaited
Interview........
hope not to go for.
Passport Req..
awaited
VISA ISSUED...
awaited
LANDED..........
awaited
hello, my score is 7 bands. I have also applied under 4131 as language instructor. Basically I work in a company where I perform as language instructor because all the mode of communication is English and I am stationed at head-office looking after the branches and head-office people and its been 7 years . My qualification is Masters in English and also I have an additional diploma of B-ED of one year.
i think with the help of some additional diploma in teaching i can do better. Is it so that we should get admission in any diploma prior getting our visa stamped or should wait to go there first and then get admission?

I totally agree with the ones who think, some of us are not going there for better jobs but for a change in our environment and need escape. Some times the only solution is to go away from everything you are in and start a new life.

please comment because i am confused.

Gravity

May 18, 2010
teaching professionals(teachers) TRAINING COURSES in Canada?

Dear All

Can anyone help me by telling a link , where I can do certification or diploma in Teaching professional (High school teacher or lecturer...) I want to upgrade my self ? any canadian institution like S.A.I.T OR ANY OTHER ?