+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are the teaching professionals(teachers) negligible in Canada?

mmilon

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
application recieved on 30 September,2009
Doc's Request.
recied -November 30, 2009
IELTS Request
given with 1st application
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st April 2011
Dear all,
I have been in touch with this forum for quite a long time but unfortunately not found anyone commenting on the teachers who r immigrating to Canada. Can anyone comment on the fate of English teachers, university/college lecturer who r in Canada/ would be immigrants. Please, share at least to boost up my confidence as I am scheduled to land in Toronto in June.

enkela

Feb 1, 2011
Are them still really?But what if someone like to change from teacher to something else for example dental nurse.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Canadian employers need "accent free and fluent" english teachers, instructors, college professors. Can you do that? if not, retrain yourself in Canada and better switch to other professions.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmilon said:
Dear all,
I have been in touch with this forum for quite a long time but unfortunately not found anyone commenting on the teachers who r immigrating to Canada. Can anyone comment on the fate of English teachers, university/college lecturer who r in Canada/ would be immigrants. Please, share at least to boost up my confidence as I am scheduled to land in Toronto in June.
Teachers immigrating from other parts of world, NO JOBS. I have seen an australian teacher without job from the last 6 months. Can look for change in occupation.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
explorer101 said:
Teachers immigrating from other parts of world, NO JOBS. I have seen an australian teacher without job from the last 6 months. Can look for change in occupation.
Its true.

NOC 4131 and other teaching related NOC is just a joke. If native english speakers from Australia is not getting employed for months then think about candidates from those countries who's first language is not english. You can migrate as a teacher/instructor/professor, but getting job in this field is very very hard. Get ready to try your career in other fields wisely,instead of ending up in survival job for life. I know one professor from pakistan, who completed his phd from UK and migrated to Canada with high hope, nobody gave him a job, after many years he retired as a security guard.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SISH7255 said:
Its true.

NOC 4131 and other teaching related NOC is just a joke. If native english speakers from Australia is not getting employed for months then think about candidates from those countries who's first language is not english. You can migrate as a teacher/instructor/professor, but getting job in this field is very very hard. Get ready to try your career in other fields wisely,instead of ending up in survival job for life. I know one professor from pakistan, who completed his phd from UK and migrated to Canada with high hope, nobody gave him a job, after many years he retired as a security guard.
Not sure why is so... It supposed to be one of the demanding profession all over the world...and after all its unlike Doctor/Engineer teaching is a non-regulated profession. They might not recognize credential earned elsewhere but what if someone continue further training and professional study in Canada after landing to cater own selves fit for teaching? Still no hope along??

mmilon

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st April 2011
Buddies!!!!!! pleased with your creative response about teaching profession.Please, mention the course/diploma/degree that a teacher can do. Focusing on which area would be safe to get a job instead of teaching profession.

please inform us the demand area of job qualification.

than you

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SISH7255 said:
Its true.

your own noc is 4131. what u think abt urself

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Guys, English teachers have no hope to work at all (0%) esp if they come from non english speaking countries. Esp Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Filipinos because their accent cannot be altered even if they live for more than 30 years in Canada, unless they got into primary school in Canada or native english country. My Pakistani friend was born in the UK and he is now 31 and he speaks British english very fluently but his father and mother although they lived for more than 50 years in the UK, they still have the Pakistani accent.

However they can work in bilingual schools for example Saudi school(if ur arab), Pakistani schools and so on.

If you are a lecturer in sciences for example physics, maths, biology, etc then you might have a chance to work as researcher in either educational institutes or other places...

Thanks

I hope you get my point

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whocares said:
Guys, English teachers have no hope to work at all (0%) esp if they come from non english speaking countries. Esp Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Filipinos because their accent cannot be altered even if they live for more than 30 years in Canada, unless they got into primary school in Canada or native english country. My Pakistani friend was born in the UK and he is now 31 and he speaks British english very fluently but his father and mother although they lived for more than 50 years in the UK, they still have the Pakistani accent.

However they can work in bilingual schools for example Saudi school(if ur arab), Pakistani schools and so on.

If you are a lecturer in sciences for example physics, maths, biology, etc then you might have a chance to work as researcher in either educational institutes or other places...

Thanks

I hope you get my point
if teachers can't find teaching jobs in canada why canadian authorities letting them in and giving them immigration as teachers

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whocares said:

Thanks

I hope you get my point
Sounds fair if science teachers have least prospect if not at all... but i reckon still they need to have their credential evaluated and only be considered following some Canadian education and training exposure...as suggested by some seniors and landed friends

mmilon

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st April 2011
I have extensive experience in teaching English Medium School, college and university as senior lecturer but I know it would be a day dream to get a job with my credentials in my field.Engineers and professional with science or technical background have nothing to worry- browse and see jobs are available though they would need to upgrade themselves with Canadian education, but for lecturer in English or any other it is pretty much impossible if not they are extremely exceptional.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Indeed some need canadian qualification, at least diploma or even training.
But I have one friend who has experience in genetics research found a job after 1 month in cancer research institute in Calgary altho he was in Toronto.

Some rare occupations are needed.

My advise that is, if you are going 2 canada for money then do not go, but some countries pay very low salaries so you better accept the chance of not getting a job in ur field. I have one Indian friend who is currently work in a grocery store, said that he is getting much money than his previous job Back in India and also better life.

If you are looking for passport so you can go around with no restriction or looking for better life for you and your children then go to Canada.

Some people have business minds, can make gold from nothing...100s of Indians and Lebanese came to canada with nothing but are now billionaires in Canada..If you have this kind of gift, then go to Canada

finally, life is gamble and ask God for the help.

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Whocares said:
Indeed some need canadian qualification, at least diploma or even training.
But I have one friend who has experience in genetics research found a job after 1 month in cancer research institute in Calgary altho he was in Toronto.

Some rare occupations are needed.

My advise that is, if you are going 2 canada for money then do not go, but some countries pay very low salaries so you better accept the chance of not getting a job in ur field. I have one Indian friend who is currently work in a grocery store said that he is getting much money than his previous job Back in India and also better life.

If you are looking for passport so you can go around with no restriction or looking for better life for you and your children then go to Canada.

Some people have business minds, can make gold from nothing...100s of Indians and Lebanese came to canada with nothing but are now billionaires in Canada..If you have this kind of gift, then go to Canada

finally, life is gamble and ask God for the help.
Yes you are absolutely right bro.