+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are Students/PR allowed to travel to Canada from India in Lufthansa Airlines?

yesindian

Dec 3, 2020
Hello fellow members,

I'm planning to travel to Canada in Lufthansa from Bangalore to Montreal. I currently hold a Canadian study visa and I also have made the booking for the first week of January.

I'm an Indian Passport Holder with a Canadian Study Visa.
This is what is mentioned in the eligibility criteria for travelers in Lufthansa's website:

"Travel is open for Indian as well as other nationals holding valid visas and all OCI cardholders holding passports issued by EU/Schengen Countries, South America or Africa and destined for any of these countries only. Spouses of those referred above can also travel, accompanied or otherwise."

I'm not sure if the Lufthansa Customer Executives have not updated themselves with the announcement of Canadian Gov. allowing international students and Permanent Residents to enter the country or whats going on...

I called Lufthansa and asked the same but they are saying Students and PRs are not allowed to travel in Lufthansa Airlines and they said only foreign passport holders can travel in their flight but I just want to re-confirm if anyone has recently traveled in Lufthansa to Canada being a PR or Student, I hope I will get answers from this forum.

Please let me know if anyone is traveling to Canada via Lufthansa.... or if anyone has traveled recently...
This airline has the best route to travel to Montreal with very short waiting time of 1 stop at FRANKFURT.
Thats why I dont wanna cancel this flight and lose a lot of money + the route.

Lufthansa is the only airline who doesn't allow students or PRs to travel in their flights, I have called almost all other airlines which operates in India like Air India, Air Canada, Qatar Airways. Only Lufthansa seems to not allow us :(

My Flight Details: Bangalore to Frankfurt (Lufthansa)
4 hours waiting
Frankfurt to Montreal (Air Canada)

Booked from the official website of Lufthansa

kristy_thomas

Dec 5, 2020
You can't,:confused: The connection airlines from frankfurt will not allow you to board the flight. I'm also traveling on 14th, and my priority was Lufthansa. It was from Dubai- Frankfurt- Frankfurt- Vancouver. At the time of booking, my Travel agent contacted Lufthansa for the safe side, and they told him that they would issue the boarding to Frankfurt from Dubai. But they're not sure they will allow me to board from Frankfurt due to the covid scenario. For that, they have to check with the team and after an hour we got the call back saying no you cannot travel via frankfurt they will not allow me to board the flight from Frankfurt. I hope this helps.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Hello fellow members,

I'm planning to travel to Canada in Lufthansa from Bangalore to Montreal. I currently hold a Canadian study visa and I also have made the booking for the first week of January.

This is what is mentioned in the eligibility criteria for travelers in Lufthansa's website:

"Travel is open for Indian as well as other nationals holding valid visas and all OCI cardholders holding passports issued by EU/Schengen Countries, South America or Africa and destined for any of these countries only. Spouses of those referred above can also travel, accompanied or otherwise."

I'm not sure if the Lufthansa Customer Executives have not updated themselves with the announcement of Canadian Gov. allowing international students and Permanent Residents to enter the country or whats going on...

I called Lufthansa and asked the same but they are saying Students and PRs are not allowed to travel in Lufthansa Airlines and they said only foreign passport holders can travel in their flight but I just want to re-confirm if anyone has recently traveled in Lufthansa to Canada being a PR or Student, I hope I will get answers from this forum.

Please let me know if anyone is traveling to Canada via Lufthansa.... or if anyone has traveled recently...
This airline has the best route to travel to Montreal with very short waiting time of 1 stop at FRANKFURT.

Lufthansa is the only airline who doesn't allow students or PRs to travel in their flights, I have called almost all other airlines which operates in India like Air India, Air Canada, Qatar Airways. Only Lufthansa seems to not allow us :(

4 hours waiting

did you go? spoke to lufthansa. they said no other document required except what the embassy requires.

Devanshi26

Mar 5, 2021
Hello fellow members,

4 hours waiting

Heyy
Did they refund the money back to you? If you booked from Lufthansa, did they give you any options?

Nov 23, 2020
You can't,:confused: The connection airlines from frankfurt will not allow you to board the flight. I'm also traveling on 14th, and my priority was Lufthansa. It was from Dubai- Frankfurt- Frankfurt- Vancouver. At the time of booking, my Travel agent contacted Lufthansa for the safe side, and they told him that they would issue the boarding to Frankfurt from Dubai. But they're not sure they will allow me to board from Frankfurt due to the covid scenario. For that, they have to check with the team and after an hour we got the call back saying no you cannot travel via frankfurt they will not allow me to board the flight from Frankfurt. I hope this helps.
Hey, I'm in the same situation. I booked my flight for May 3rd, but they are saying this rule is valid till March 2021 only and asked me to wait, how did it go for you, were you allowed or you cancelled and rebooked?

Mar 17, 2021
I have a Canadian PR and i've booked my tickets from Bengaluru-> Frankfurt-> Toronto. Now a friend of mine told me that the customer care in India told that they wouldn't allow non Canadians to board from Frankfurt to Toronto. I spoke to Lufthanda Canda's help desk and they are not aware of any issues. Haven't yet reached out to Lufthansa India.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I have a Canadian PR and i've booked my tickets from Bengaluru-> Frankfurt-> Toronto. Now a friend of mine told me that the customer care in India told that they wouldn't allow non Canadians to board from Frankfurt to Toronto. I spoke to Lufthanda Canda's help desk and they are not aware of any issues. Haven't yet reached out to Lufthansa India.
I have a question-why didn't you book direct flight with Air India?

Nov 23, 2020
Please update here if you get any new information

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Canada and India have a "travel bubble" where people travelling between the 2 countries are only allowed to book on Air India or Air Canada, I looked up and saw the info a while ago but don't have a link, do a search.

Rppatel931

Mar 28, 2021
Hello, I have a cousin coming on April 5th from Ahmedabad India traveling with Lufthansa to Canada on student visa. She has a layover in Frankfurt as well. Do you think she can travel without any restrictions? We’re you able to travel ? I am getting different answers from customer service too! Please help