+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

are pay stubs and passport stamps necessary?

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I now have the notice of assessment (NOA) of tax returns, T4 slips in the past 4 years ready. My question is, are pay stubs necessary? I have two pay stubs each month, so in total there will be 2*12*4=96 pay stubs. I think this could be a bit too much.

I have 3 international travels in the past 4 years. I understand they will check the stamps at the time of citizenship test. But will it be better if I attach photocopies of stamps (related to the 3 trips) with my application? The photocopies will show (quite a few) other non-relevant stamps that are outside the 4-year time frame, one is a non-English stamp.

I know these questions have been asked before, and the answers are mixed. Today is my date and I plan to submit in about 2 weeks. If you have any (positive or negative) experiences and suggestions with these, please share them here. I would appreciate your help!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
I now have the notice of assessment (NOA) of tax returns, T4 slips in the past 4 years ready. My question is, are pay stubs necessary? I have two pay stubs each month, so in total there will be 2*12*4=96 pay stubs. I think this could be a bit too much.

I have 3 international travels in the past 4 years. I understand they will check the stamps at the time of citizenship test. But will it be better if I attach photocopies of stamps (related to the 3 trips) with my application? The photocopies will show (quite a few) other non-relevant stamps that are outside the 4-year time frame, one is a non-English stamp.

I know these questions have been asked before, and the answers are mixed. Today is my date and I plan to submit in about 2 weeks. If you have any (positive or negative) experiences and suggestions with these, please share them here. I would appreciate your help!
I would suggest to submit what is being asked. Submitting extra documents have no harm but if in case RQ is suppose to happen then you can't avoid it by sending extra documents beforehand.

ronin21

Jul 17, 2014
yyzhuang said:

nothing except what required on the checklist is necessary so in short no you do not need to send them, there will be no negative consequences in sending more documents (unless you send them 2 boxes!) but whether they would provide any benefit largely depends on your case. If your case is clear and all required documents are there, it would better if you have these ready at your test rather than sending them now.