+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April applicants ( Non SDS) for Fall 2021 intake. Please gather here

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
i am not sure if its applicable for SDS program and seems its more match with Non-SDS profile.
in sign in page you can find below link :

If you’ve already applied, learn how we’re processing applications during the pandemic. New
I see. That is referring to study permit applications submitted in Canada.

For outside of Canada, at the moment it is showing a generic 10 weeks. Up until the beginning of May you could see the timescales for each region (UK was 5 weeks at that point).

Anyway, as my Scottish husband says " A watched pot never boils". Best to wait for the emails and go from there.

Reactions: rogerdude1

Amirpouyan87

Nov 4, 2019
I see. That is referring to study permit applications submitted in Canada.

For outside of Canada, at the moment it is showing a generic 10 weeks. Up until the beginning of May you could see the timescales for each region (UK was 5 weeks at that point).

Anyway, as my Scottish husband says " A watched pot never boils". Best to wait for the emails and go from there.
Hmmmm...
so you mean below sentence is referring to ppl who are applying from inside Canada ?

Study permits: In Canada (initial and extension)

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Yes, it is for study permit initial and extension applications when the permit has been applied for in Canada.

If you're outside of Canada then that timescale does not apply to you, and the generic 10 weeks does.

You'll get an answer by August 6th.

KylinZ

Star Member
May 4, 2021
i am not sure if its applicable for SDS program and seems its more match with Non-SDS profile.
in sign in page you can find below link :

If you’ve already applied, learn how we’re processing applications during the pandemic. New
Application processing time may vary depending on the country you are in.

KylinZ

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Not all as far as I know, there are officers who do application reviews also in the immigration offices per country.
And sometimes the delay is because of the volume of applicants in your country. Some country have faster processing time because they dont have many applicants.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
CAN WE CHECK ANYWERE IF IT IS OUR CASE OR NOT? HOW DO WE KNOW?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html

some visa offices receive applications from 5 or 6 countries like abudhabi. usually they have overload and their rejection rate is higher than the rest. . some visa offices in certain countries process applications according to the country standards. you will see every visa office have certain instructions in study permit application checklist. for example" abudhabi VO require study plan where other vo doesn't require you to upload any SOP

KylinZ

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Say for example, look at fritchou's timeline and my timeline. Its just a day difference when we applied. But his progress is steps ahead than mine. He is from Tunisia and im from the Philippines. Base on the ircc website our countries normal processing time are just the same, but to think how come his application progress is so much ahead than mine? Thats why I said it also depends on the active applications being processed per country.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Say for example, look at fritchou's timeline and my timeline. Its just a day difference when we applied. But his progress is steps ahead than mine. He is from Tunisia and im from the Philippines. Base on the ircc website our countries normal processing time are just the same, but to think how come his application progress is so much ahead than mine? Thats why I said it also depends on the active applications being processed per country.
indeed. Tunis ircc office only process applications for Tunisia. meanwhile Manilla Ircc office process applications from over 10 countries including japan and korea

Reactions: Madalinamaria

KylinZ

Star Member
May 4, 2021
ok, it is very strange as I am from Romania, and not many people from here are applying and stilll, it s taking long for an answer.....
The waiting game for our application updates are the hardest part, we need a lot of patience since we are the one's applying and not them. ^^

AB25

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Hi guys,

NON SDS Romania
Applied 09 April
Biometrics and upfront medical 14 April
Medical passed today
Review eligibility not started, background check started on 14 April, once with biometrics update.

How long it will take to recieve an answer?
You went for an upfront medical after applying? How did you submit the medical result? Didnt IRCC take it as negative?