+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April applicants ( Non SDS) for Fall 2021 intake. Please gather here

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
So couple of things that stand out, you did mention a lot about supply chain but you hardly showed any ties to your home country. You should have mentioned the plan of you coming back here and working with MNCs or mentioned the property your family holds. Infact you coming back to India is just one paragraph, you should have expanded more on that, your SOP is well written just a few amendments. You should apply again with Sds this time to get a faster turn around.
Yes, I feel the same. I should add a couple of paragraphs of home ties and my work scope here. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
When I read this SOP I felt one thing missing WHY you want to continue studies and WHY you would come back after your studies. you can see for these two questions you have only 1 or 2 sentences of answer. I feel like you should speak more about these two questions. you just said you need to sharper your instincts... and you will come back as a techno-functional manager.. where is the home tie part? why you really want to come back ?
Thank you so much for the feedback. I agree as I haven't described in detail regarding my prospects in India and home ties. I will add a justification letter, amend my SOP, and plan to re-apply

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
Also, I had previously applied my file for express entry but it got expired as there were no draws. So should I include this to explain in my justification letter or I should ignore this?

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
When I read this SOP I felt one thing missing WHY you want to continue studies and WHY you would come back after your studies. you can see for these two questions you have only 1 or 2 sentences of answer. I feel like you should speak more about these two questions. you just said you need to sharper your instincts... and you will come back as a techno-functional manager.. where is the home tie part? why you really want to come back ?
The GCMS notes normally take around 30 days. If I re-apply addressing the issues mentioned without waiting for the GCMS notes, will that have any negative impact on my profile?

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Apply for GCMS notes anyway. TBH the negative impact would be rejection if we are not fully addressing the issue. If you think SOP is the issue you could simply reapply before getting the GCMS notes. My friend got rejection and when we read her SOP it was not good enough and we edited it and reapplied before getting GCMS notes and she got approved. But this is just one case and there are other people got things went sideways. So just by reading your SOP without knowing whole details I would not able to say anything.

Reactions: Wisp

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
If I previously had a complete dose of Sinopharm vaccine and now take the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, then will I be exempt from travel restriction or not?
J&J is 1-dose-vaccine, you are eligible to be exempted from 14-days-quarantine at home. You still have to book a designated hotel to stay in, because you need to wait for your "negative" PCR result that you have been tested at the airport.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
J&J is 1-dose-vaccine, you are eligible to be exempted from 14-days-quarantine at home. You still have to book a designated hotel to stay in, because you need to wait for your "negative" PCR result that you have been tested at the airport.
Yeah, I know about that, but what I wanted to know was will the travel exemption be applicable for me even if I previously had taken the Sinopharm vaccine.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
Hey guys if my classes start from September 2 then will I strictly have to travel before that time or can I travel a week or two later if my university is cool with it.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Hey guys if my classes start from September 2 then will I strictly have to travel before that time or can I travel a week or two later if my university is cool with it.
This is a new normal that has emerged. Get an additional letter from university stating you are registered and need to attend classes (They must have some format already).

With the visa, you can travel any time you want. For the CBSA officer (some have deep queries), you can clearly show IRCC delayed your visa and there was no other option left and then slap the university letter at the counter.

Harsh2411

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
31st March 2021
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Given before applying for visa
Med's Request
Done before applying for the visa
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
5th August 2021
VISA ISSUED...
No
It depends on your course if it is blended then you can study online for some days but if it on campus then you have to compulsory be on campus before the deadline.

GV-Patiala

Jul 2, 2021

You can talk about this with your university, as in my case (research-based masters) I have talked to my professor if I reach late by few days, it will be okay.

Reactions: adhik