+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April applicants ( Non SDS) for Fall 2021 intake. Please gather here

mrmjfphn

Jun 3, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Found out about the forum from my sister who lives in Toronto and found this forum to be a huge help to her when she moved.

Just like you guys, I didn't go the SDS route and now I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have. Either way, too late. That said, here's my timeline

Application date - April 16, 2021
Date of Biometrics enrolment - April 26, 2021 (Even though I did my biometrics, the update on my account still reads that they haven't received my fingerprints!!)
Review of additional documents - June 18, 2021
Medical passed - July 6, 2021
Eligibility review - no date yet
Non-SDS; Fall 2021

They are currently processing complete applications only till May 15th. I did write in via the webform on IRCC and immigration Delhi India, but there was no substantial feedback. They updated my Medical results and told me to wait on the rest and check my account for further updates.

I am currently worried that I'll recieve a decision after the fall semester starts and not sure if I should defer my course or join a month later which I do not mind but longer than that would not be feasible for me, given they haven't even opened direct flights till now.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the visa stamping process on the passport by VFS in India? I come under the bangalore branch.
Any information would be helpful.
Have you received biometric validity letter?

mrmjfphn

Jun 3, 2021
Hey guys, so I submitted my application on April 19, but haven't gotten a medical request yet. My GCkey account once showed that they were reviewing my eligibility and it returned back to "Submitted". I submitted documents I forgot to send initially using the webform and I never got a confirmation mail. A friend that I applied with got rejected last week, but mine hasn't change a bit. Is it okay to ask them about my status through the webform?
I have a similar timeline. My eligibility review hasn't started as well.
You can ask about the status of your application through the webform. But most likely you'll get a generic reply and nothing specific to your case.

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
We probably need to keep 15th August as the cutoff before deferring.

The semester starts by sept 7th. the visa services have resumed ten days back only for those who submitted their passports before lock down in April. I spoke with someone at VFS bangalore and they cannot confirm when they are going to open passport submission going forward but he said it will take minimum two weeks with the two way courier pick up. At the same time my college informed me that two of my classes are on campus and if I miss out then I miss out and it's better to defer especially considering the fact that there are no direct flights to Canada and you have to quarantine 14 days via a 3rd country route.

I would also like to know, if i wait till august 15th and would want to defer will it be too late to inform IRCC?

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Have you received biometric validity letter?
I received the instruction letter. the validity shows its for 10 years on my application in the biometrics grid. but the status says that its not been received till now. when does one receive a validity letter..is it a separate letter ?

akunjir

Jul 19, 2021
hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone can answer this question of mine - I have applied for PGWP on 9th April 2021 after graduating from a Canadian university in Jan 2021, and its still in progress. I want to do another course in Jan 2022 and want to apply for a study permit again as the current one expired. Can I apply for a study permit again if my PGWP is already in progress ??

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Reactions: Shadow_Man

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
They kinda do this every week. Mostly on Mondays/Tuesdays. So I won't have high hopes solely based on this. Other than that, with stamping open for ALL now, I don't see why they should wait any longer. She kept on blaring the horns about VAC opening for all. They also have a webinar on 20th.
Next days webinar is gonna get spammed for giving decisions on files. They have nothing to justify that now.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Next days webinar is gonna get spammed for giving decisions on files. They have nothing to justify that now.
Actually when I think of it now, they might now say that the flight ban is stopping them now. Hope they don't realize that excuse.