+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April applicants ( Non SDS) for Fall 2021 intake. Please gather here

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Okay, so slight update for me:

Non-SDS. Argentine, living in U.K. and applied April 6th.

I received my GCMS notes today (41 pages of them) dated July 7th.

Interesting points to note:
1) Due workload my application has been shared with Ho Chi Minh visa office.
2) As of July 7th, eligibility had not even started. That’s right, it has sat there for three months and nothing has been happening.
3) It has a due date at the top of August 6th.

So, it has put my mind at ease that they were not just sitting on a refusal without sending it out, and they have a firm due date on the file. Let’s hope they keep to it.

Good luck all.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
Okay, so slight update for me:

Non-SDS. Argentine, living in U.K. and applied April 6th.

I received my GCMS notes today (41 pages of them) dated July 7th.

Interesting points to note:
1) Due workload my application has been shared with Ho Chi Minh visa office.
2) As of July 7th, eligibility had not even started. That’s right, it has sat there for three months and nothing has been happening.
3) It has a due date at the top of August 6th.

So, it has put my mind at ease that they were not just sitting on a refusal without sending it out, and they have a firm due date on the file. Let’s hope they keep to it.

Good luck all.
How long did it take to get the notes? And did you apply for the notes even if your eligibility review hadn't started or does the GCkey says it has started and GCMS note say otherwise?

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
It took a month to get the notes, and I applied with GC Key not showing eligibility started. It still doesn't show as started.

I wanted to see if anything was going on behind the scenes, and also to get ahead of it if there was going to be a problem.

Reactions: MZHSECA and adhik

agro

Jun 26, 2021
Hi my eligibility started without Biometrics Instruction letter and it's in that stage for more then a month. I contacted IRCC they said it's under process and if they need anything they will ask.
Due to technical issues I was not able to send biometric receipt, I applied on April and was able to upload receipt by June and after that within few days my eligibility started.

nightshadow

Apr 30, 2021
Ethiopia
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi (for Ethiopia)
App. Filed.......
19-04-2021
Hey guys, so I submitted my application on April 19, but haven't gotten a medical request yet. My GCkey account once showed that they were reviewing my eligibility and it returned back to "Submitted". I submitted documents I forgot to send initially using the webform and I never got a confirmation mail. A friend that I applied with got rejected last week, but mine hasn't change a bit. Is it okay to ask them about my status through the webform?

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Found out about the forum from my sister who lives in Toronto and found this forum to be a huge help to her when she moved.

Just like you guys, I didn't go the SDS route and now I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have. Either way, too late. That said, here's my timeline

Application date - April 16, 2021
Date of Biometrics enrolment - April 26, 2021 (Even though I did my biometrics, the update on my account still reads that they haven't received my fingerprints!!)
Review of additional documents - June 18, 2021
Medical passed - July 6, 2021
Eligibility review - no date yet
Non-SDS; Fall 2021

They are currently processing complete applications only till May 15th. I did write in via the webform on IRCC and immigration Delhi India, but there was no substantial feedback. They updated my Medical results and told me to wait on the rest and check my account for further updates.

I am currently worried that I'll recieve a decision after the fall semester starts and not sure if I should defer my course or join a month later which I do not mind but longer than that would not be feasible for me, given they haven't even opened direct flights till now.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the visa stamping process on the passport by VFS in India? I come under the bangalore branch.
Any information would be helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: XpressGirl

janaraja96

May 9, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Found out about the forum from my sister who lives in Toronto and found this forum to be a huge help to her when she moved.

Just like you guys, I didn't go the SDS route and now I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have. Either way, too late. That said, here's my timeline

Date of Biometrics enrolment - April 26, 2021 (Even though I did my biometrics, the update on my account still reads that they haven't received my fingerprints!!)
Non-SDS; Fall 2021

They are currently processing complete applications only till May 15th. I did write in via the webform on IRCC and immigration Delhi India, but there was no substantial feedback. They updated my Medical results and told me to wait on the rest and check my account for further updates.

I am currently worried that I'll recieve a decision after the fall semester starts and not sure if I should defer my course or join a month later which I do not mind but longer than that would not be feasible for me, given they haven't even opened direct flights till now.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the visa stamping process on the passport by VFS in India? I come under the bangalore branch.
I've heard it takes 10-15 days usually.

Reactions: iona_s22

Anonymous_can248

May 11, 2021

Non-SDS; Fall 2021

We probably need to keep 15th August as the cutoff before deferring.