+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

HVK89

Jul 25, 2023
you are lucky bro , from last 7 days I am trying but not able to connect with them
Given that I'm still waiting for AOR and applied on April 3rd I don't feel so lucky :/

I kept trying all day until I got onto the wait list, it took a long time but this appears to be the fastest sequence - Select 1, then UCI#, 3, 4, 0.

Maxon

Mar 28, 2023
Given that I'm still waiting for AOR and applied on April 3rd I don't feel so lucky :/

I kept trying all day until I got onto the wait list, it took a long time but this appears to be the fastest sequence - Select 1, then UCI#, 3, 4, 0.
Brother you’re not alone. As i said I been in the same situation more than 1 year ago. And I waited 11 months and than they just refused my citizenship application. Probably will be the same scenario in your case.
Finally I got my LPP and waiting for oath date now.
Just relax and wait and call/email them every week or two. :)
Another fastest option you can cancel your online application by yourself and resubmit it. But before this ask IRCC

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HVK89

TrSally

Oct 14, 2019
A long adventure finally reached its end for me today!
Here’s my timeline:

Type: Online application
Location: Saskatoon (application went to the Vancouver office)
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Single
Application sent: April 6, 2023
Delivered: April 6, 2023
AOR: May 2, 2023 (delayed due to strike)
Background completed: May 30, 2023
Test invite: June 5, 2023
Test date: June 12, 2023
Test marked completed: June 22, 2023
LPP completed: July 25, 2023
Oath in progress: July 28, 2023
Oath ceremony: August 3, 2023

Also, got really lucky and got a last-minute invitation for an in-person ceremony at a beautiful art gallery in the city, which was incredible.

So grateful for the quick processing times, and even more grateful for this fantastic community on CanadaVisa. What a wealth of information & support this place has been through the entire journey to citizenship.
Thank you to everyone who helps keep this forum running & wishing the absolute best of luck to everyone awaiting the end of their immigration journey as well! <3

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi, I got same email yesterday though I did my FP June 1st and there was no update on the portal. I called IRCC yesterday and the told me to fax my proof that I did it. Have faxed and waiting on them.
wow. I have submitted my fingerprints on June 26 . nothing shows on tracker. I will also call them and check.

faisalyaakhan

Feb 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2019
How do you check for ghost updates?
When you login your tracker and see an update at the top with a recent date but none of your statuses have changed. Something like that would be a ghost update.

In PR process, it used to be that you get a email saying there are some changes in your application but when you login there is nothing, that's a ghost update.
Not everybody gets it, but those who do get it before a major status change

Reactions: S.Nanda

S.Nanda

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov-08-2018
When you login your tracker and see an update at the top with a recent date but none of your statuses have changed. Something like that would be a ghost update.

In PR process, it used to be that you get a email saying there are some changes in your application but when you login there is nothing, that's a ghost update.
Not everybody gets it, but those who do get it before a major status change
BG check complete - Jul 10, 2023, The last update was July 12.

Reactions: faisalyaakhan

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
How did you prepare
Read the Discovery Canada guide once, then did several large (+400 questions) tests you can easily find in YouTube and read the Discovery Canada guide again.. that was more than enough to pass through the exam smoothly...