Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov-08-2018
Can any one confirm this? If you received a fingerprint request, will it slow down your application vs people who got background check complete automatically?
One of my friend who filed last year November is still waiting for LLP to complete, he too got the fingerprints request.
My other friend who filed in March and is now a citizen, everything was completed automatically. Thanks :)

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Can any one confirm this? If you received a fingerprint request, will it slow down your application vs people who got background check complete automatically?
One of my friend who filed last year November is still waiting for LLP to complete, he too got the fingerprints request.
My other friend who filed in March and is now a citizen, everything was completed automatically. Thanks :)
If you get any request from IRCC including fingerprint the application is consider Non-routine. So yes it might be delayed.

Reactions: S.Nanda

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Depends -> For my wife, the background was showing as 'In Progress' for about 10 days after mine got 'completed'. Initially thought, its the process but later found that fingerprint request was sent to her email. We did 15 days after the fingerprint request was sent, but her background check got cleared in approx 15 Business days. If RCMP finds no match, they give the clearance in 3 days but the rest of the time is about the sending/ receiving mails and when the officer opens ur record. Since this happened on the same timelines when we had to complete our citizenship test, it did not feel like eating time :)

Reactions: S.Nanda

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
I've just received my e-certificate!

It feels like my 8-year journey of "Immigration to Canada" has reached its conclusion. I became a member of this forum years ago, initially engaging with Express Entry, later transitioning to Family Sponsorship, and now, I've successfully reached the culminating phase – Citizenship. The support and guidance from fellow forum members have been invaluable throughout this process. I plan to remain here and offer assistance to others whenever possible. My heartfelt gratitude to all of you!

For those who are still awaiting their decision, I wish you the best of luck and hope that you will receive positive news soon.

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017

It feels like my 8-year journey of "Immigration to Canada" has reached its conclusion. I became a member of this forum years ago, initially engaging with Express Entry, later transitioning to Family Sponsorship, and now, I've successfully reached the culminating phase – Citizenship. The support and guidance from fellow forum members have been invaluable throughout this process. I plan to remain here and offer assistance to others whenever possible. My heartfelt gratitude to all of you!

For those who are still awaiting their decision, I wish you the best of luck and hope that you will receive positive news soon.
Congratulations! Be a proud Canadian! Wishing you nothing but success and many blessings!

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018

Congrats

Reactions: Dreamer_2019

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
OMG Guys, I just received the Oath invite today, but I did not get the email yet.
Please guide me what will happen next > thanks !!!
Congrats! You will probably get two emails soon (I got them in 2 days after the tracking site update). One is with the e-certificate download instructions and the other - with all the details of the oath ceremony. It might be a Zoom ceremony so you'll get a zoom link, id and password, seat number etc. After the ceremony send them the signed Oath form immediately and in 2-5 business days you will be able to download your certificate. Some lucky people were able to download it the same day.

Reactions: splashyygirl

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Congrats! You will probably get two emails soon (I got them in 2 days after the tracking site update). One is with the e-certificate download instructions and the other - with all the details of the oath ceremony. It might be a Zoom ceremony so you'll get a zoom link, id and password, seat number etc. After the ceremony send them the signed Oath form immediately and in 2-5 business days you will be able to download your certificate. Some lucky people were able to download it the same day.
Most likely lying.. he/she posted last month that they got their passport.... and is posting on all threads...