+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Hello all,
I submitted my paper application on April 3rd. To date nothing has been received. No AOR. I checked online using my UCI - nothing as well.

Maagie

May 13, 2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1371
Application: Single
Application sent: 2023-04-02
Delivered: 2023-04-02
AOR: 2023-04-19
Background complete: 2023-05-30 - only showed on ecas today.

Reactions: yoge

amarchcan

Feb 16, 2023
My application (after TWO times returned (yes 2 times for inexplicably "missing" documents that were already sent by me in the same envelope) was delivered on 12th April 2023.

No AOR yet so my apprehension is that this time they may return it again as the 90 days for photographs have now passed.

Ablaze

May 4, 2023
Did you use the Online option the last time you submitted? I think if one can submit online, it's probably better as it's more difficult for submitted documents to be inexplicably missed.

My application (after TWO times returned (yes 2 times for inexplicably "missing" documents that were already sent by me in the same envelope) was delivered on 12th April 2023.

No AOR yet so my apprehension is that this time they may return it again as the 90 days for photographs have now passed.

amarchcan

Feb 16, 2023
Did you use the Online option the last time you submitted? I think if one can submit online, it's probably better as it's more difficult for submitted documents to be inexplicably missed.
No I did not ... I should have, perhaps - as it had opened up. However, as they had only asked for a copy of my Wife's degree this (second) time, I thought it would be easier rather than re-doing the whole application thing online that we had started in November 2022. The first time, our entire application package was returned in Jan 2023 for an extra ID document for my kid which we had already sent but was placed at the back of the family package rather than as part of the kid's documents. Then again, 2 months later in April 2023, they sent back the whole thing back a second time, this time for my wife's degree that was there all the time. In fact the first time, the letter said that my wife's application was "deemed complete" and needed nothing else.

Extremely frustrated at this point ! Let's wait and watch. If it comes back again, I will cancel this and start all over again ONLINE this time !

I even called the IRCC after the 1st return and was given a temporary file number starting with an "X" and was told there was nothing needed from us at that point.

Unable to track anything online till date.

Ablaze

May 4, 2023
Okay. I totally understand - it is frustrating. Hopefully it should scale thru this time and you get AOR.

No I did not ... I should have, perhaps - as it had opened up. However, as they had only asked for a copy of my Wife's degree this (second) time, I thought it would be easier rather than re-doing the whole application thing online that we had started in November 2022. The first time, our entire application package was returned in Jan 2023 for an extra ID document for my kid which we had already sent but was placed at the back of the family package rather than as part of the kid's documents. Then again, 2 months later in April 2023, they sent back the whole thing back a second time, this time for my wife's degree that was there all the time. In fact the first time, the letter said that my wife's application was "deemed complete" and needed nothing else.

Extremely frustrated at this point ! Let's wait and watch. If it comes back again, I will cancel this and start all over again ONLINE this time !

I even called the IRCC after the 1st return and was given a temporary file number starting with an "X" and was told there was nothing needed from us at that point.

Unable to track anything online till date.

Reactions: amarchcan

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1371
Application: Single
Application sent: 2023-04-02
Delivered: 2023-04-02
AOR: 2023-04-19
Background complete: 2023-05-30 - only showed on ecas today.
Ecas updates faster than tracker-suivi?

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020

Do not worry, you are not alone. My application was returned 2 times too, YES, 2 times die to missing information that I do not know. They said they cannot verify my status before becoming PR which is very strange.

these are my timelines

April 25 submitted - Application Returned May 9, 2023.
May 9, 2023 I resubmitted it the same day it was returned and on May 31, 2023 they returned my application for the same reason.

i do not know what to do anymore as I do not know what exactly they want.

November 10, 2019, Worker
May 29, 2020 submit to extend work status.
July 10, 2020 submitted PR
August 10, 2020, eligibility for PR has been granted
August 11, 2020 submitted bridging work permit open
October 4, 2020 became PR

No decision for Work permit extension and bridging open work permit. My PR was granted first. I contacted IRCC Edmonton for these application to be withdraw as I am already PR. Nonetheless all of these application are cancelled in their data base even I did not request for withdrawal.

I am on work permit from November 10, 2019 to October 3, 2020. I Did not travelled outside Canada since I landed in 2019.

I do not know why they can not see this in their data base. They can easily run a thorough search in their system and it will trigger my records.

furthermore. I received my ATIP request from CBSA two days ago. It shows no record on file for my exit in Canada. This may help my situation. I will resubmit my application via paper.