+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
I got an email from IRCC today and got so excited! But when I took a better look, it was just an useless reply from a webform that I sent more than 2 months ago.... "We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."
What a rough Adrenaline ride :D

Reactions: ppcg2510

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
I got my ATIP yesterday, nothing changed, at all, notes shows only my emails and enquiries I sent, the weird thing is I got them on my other email not the one I had when requested it!! The other one I believe I used it when applied for PR!! anyways, no one is touching my file!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: diogosouza

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
Really!!!!?? that is great, so aiming on October now!!!
I wouldn’t get my hopes up, they will take their sweet time irrespective of the drop in average processing time. At the end of the day, if your application crosses the 18mo mark, then it must be non routine (that’s the typical excuse!!)

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
I wouldn’t get my hopes up, they will take their sweet time irrespective of the drop in average processing time. At the end of the day, if your application crosses the 18mo mark, then it must be non routine (that’s the typical excuse!!)
Stay positive!! I know IRCC put our expectations and ambitions underground but the 18 month now is something you can use to speed up your process, only certain applications are considered non-routine as below form CIC website

What is a non-routine application?
We consider your application non-routine if:
  • you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:
I asked multiple times if my application is a non-routine one and every time I ask they say no. All applicants whom their applications passed the posted processing time were able to force IRCC to finalize it (people I know and I met told me that), MPs after the 18 months can intervene and get things moving, also you can file court Mandamus as well. Even call center agents always say they can't do anything until the 18 months is passed, I think they can put you back in the queue for processing/finalizing, we are almost at the end of this freaking dark tunnel of uncertainty!!! Keep it up guys and start buying flags for you ceremonies and think what you will wear on that day!! enjoy it even I know we have been in an emotional distress!!!

Also what I found is that don't compare yourself to other applicants, some got lucky and lots requested urgent processing for God knows what reason (almost everyone I met said that they either applied for urgent processing at the beginning or requested urgent processing later on)

Reactions: zagcollins

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
i
Stay positive!! I know IRCC put our expectations and ambitions underground but the 18 month now is something you can use to speed up your process, only certain applications are considered non-routine as below form CIC website

What is a non-routine application?
We consider your application non-routine if:
  • you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:
I asked multiple times if my application is a non-routine one and every time I ask they say no. All applicants whom their applications passed the posted processing time were able to force IRCC to finalize it (people I know and I met told me that), MPs after the 18 months can intervene and get things moving, also you can file court Mandamus as well. Even call center agents always say they can't do anything until the 18 months is passed, I think they can put you back in the queue for processing/finalizing, we are almost at the end of this freaking dark tunnel of uncertainty!!! Keep it up guys and start buying flags for you ceremonies and think what you will wear on that day!! enjoy it even I know we have been in an emotional distress!!!

Also what I found is that don't compare yourself to other applicants, some got lucky and lots requested urgent processing for God knows what reason (almost everyone I met said that they either applied for urgent processing at the beginning or requested urgent processing later on)
i did submit FPs so... my wife did not. So, we might be able to get her file moving.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I got an email from IRCC today and got so excited! But when I took a better look, it was just an useless reply from a webform that I sent more than 2 months ago.... "We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."
LOL. exactly the same for my wife.

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
I noticed on my GCMS notes, down at the bottom at the entry/exit section that it says 0, doesn't that mean that I haven't travelled (which is true)? can anyone who traveled through eligibility period check theirs and let me know if its 0 or there are something else?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I noticed on my GCMS notes, down at the bottom at the entry/exit section that it says 0, doesn't that mean that I haven't travelled (which is true)? can anyone who traveled through eligibility period check theirs and let me know if its 0 or there are something else?
my guess is you're talking about eligibility absence. yours might be zero cuz you haven't entered anything. it's based on what the applicant enters.

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Same here man ! Holy cow, I became a collector of disappointments

Ali_97

Aug 5, 2023
Hello, I joined the forum today, how do I make entry in google docs for 2023 citizenship applications ? Online application submitted on Apr 4th & AOR is May 1st 2023.

Thanks