+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2022 - Citizenship Applications

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
and another month went by with no updates
I called IRCC this morning and same reply, I swear to God they have it written and ready !!! Thats ridiculous! We can see same as you can see on your tracker and you still within the 19 months and we can’t do anything, I said is my officer dead? Is there any movement, she said yeah officer is being actively working on your file! I said how you know, she said you are emailing and those emails are added to file so officer is working on file, thats stupid answer as usually whoever reading uploads it to my file, as some emails had a note that this email was sent to officer!! Anyways I almost gave up on checking and calling!! I will order CBSA notes as I read somewhere it expedites physical presence verifications!

• Haha
Reactions: zagcollins

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I called IRCC this morning and same reply, I swear to God they have it written and ready !!! Thats ridiculous! We can see same as you can see on your tracker and you still within the 19 months and we can’t do anything, I said is my officer dead? Is there any movement, she said yeah officer is being actively working on your file! I said how you know, she said you are emailing and those emails are added to file so officer is working on file, thats stupid answer as usually whoever reading uploads it to my file, as some emails had a note that this email was sent to officer!! Anyways I almost gave up on checking and calling!! I will order CBSA notes as I read somewhere it expedites physical presence verifications!
you should've asked em to verify if officer is alive. Like what's the proof?

• Haha
Reactions: ada228

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Curious about the CBSA notes... do you just order them for yourself and it somehow speeds things up?

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Curious about the CBSA notes... do you just order them for yourself and it somehow speeds things up?
I think there is a connection between cbsa and ircc, cbsa website says if you order notes and you have an application ongoing with ircc, you might get your application significantly delayed! that's what they say but seen people ordering it and their files moved fast!

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
I think there is a connection between cbsa and ircc, cbsa website says if you order notes and you have an application ongoing with ircc, you might get your application significantly delayed! that's what they say but seen people ordering it and their files moved fast!
I ordered CBSA notes last night... so we'll see!

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
A lady that works in a newcomers center, specialized in IRCC applications, mainly citizenship ones, told me that once you pass the test and BG that means next is the oath, and the rest are formalities, and they can hold on your file up to the 19 months mark to be looked at again and to schedule you for oath because of the high workload they have, and she said it depends on the officers, some are intense hard workers and some are slow and they cause a backlog of assigned applications to them. if your file isn't finalized before the 19 moths, you can force them to finalize it

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
A lady that works in a newcomers center, specialized in IRCC applications, mainly citizenship ones, told me that once you pass the test and BG that means next is the oath, and the rest are formalities, and they can hold on your file up to the 19 months mark to be looked at again and to schedule you for oath because of the high workload they have, and she said it depends on the officers, some are intense hard workers and some are slow and they cause a backlog of assigned applications to them. if your file isn't finalized before the 19 moths, you can force them to finalize it
force how? this country doesn't even allow people to walk into Walmart and buy guns.

• Haha
Reactions: ArNo84

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
glad to see the processing months went down today by 18 months so by Oct we all should be cleared
The key word there being should.

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
I got an email from IRCC today and got so excited! But when I took a better look, it was just an useless reply from a webform that I sent more than 2 months ago.... "We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible. Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."