+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hey, yeah I do have an account and just got and email from them requesting medical. The basic guide says that I need to bring the IMM 1017 form but couldn't find in on their website. Is there something changed now? Also can I submit it online? Thank you!!
IMM 1017 has to be on your GC KEY account with instructions. Y do not submit anything regarding medical exam its clinic or doctor how do it in e-Medic system. Here y can find a list of approved clinics but do not go without IMM1017. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
yesterday I received an email that mentioned that they determined that I am eligible, however in the IRCC account they said that they are still reviewing my eligibility.

AOR was received at end of September.
As i understand from other cases IRCC has sometimes issues with the data system they have a delay in mails and updates on IRCC account. Let us know when your status change.

Marabelle

Oct 13, 2021
Our application was received April 19, 2021, temporary AOR May 23rd, and AOR October 6ish. Medical request letter October 9, and just yesterday a letter requesting our fees, which we already paid. We've been trying for ages to link our paper application to our online account, and no luck thus far.

Still, we are glad to be hearing from Mississauga now, and hopeful for Approval in Principal so my wife can finally begin working. The wait is so difficult sometimes, but I know we have so much to be grateful for.

Is it true that once you receive AIP you can begin working? She has a temporary work visa but had to change employers. We never did get a response for the priority processing request.

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Our application was received April 19, 2021, temporary AOR May 23rd, and AOR October 6ish. Medical request letter October 9, and just yesterday a letter requesting our fees, which we already paid. We've been trying for ages to link our paper application to our online account, and no luck thus far.

Still, we are glad to be hearing from Mississauga now, and hopeful for Approval in Principal so my wife can finally begin working. The wait is so difficult sometimes, but I know we have so much to be grateful for.

Is it true that once you receive AIP you can begin working? She has a temporary work visa but had to change employers. We never did get a response for the priority processing request.
Really nice explanation about how to connect your application to IRCC system.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

I had an issue too connecting app with the IRCC system and in the end, my wife ( sponsor) create an account since AOR was sponsor AOR, we use file number and my data. what I find on forums usually mistake is on the question "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" So if y sponsoring only your husband / wife then the answer is 2.

potatobeans

May 6, 2020
Received a Pre-Arrival Letter today. No medical request yet.

Application sent: March 31, 2021
Application received: April 6, 2021
Temporary AOR: May 27, 2021
AOR: September 28, 2021
Biometrics request: October 4, 2021

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021

potatobeans

May 6, 2020
Last edited:

Hbeeb

Oct 11, 2021

Hbeeb

Oct 11, 2021
I just checked the Client Application Status online tool and it says they sent medical instructions on September 28 (same day as AOR), but I never received anything. No email or letter in IRCC account, so not sure what's going on there.
I'm in the same boat. No email, letter or messages on GCKey. Got sent medical request 4th October according to Ecas.

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
There are no messages in either mine or my partner's GCKey account. So weird.
on my account, I have like this

Review of medical results
  • We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.

and bellow
Messages about your application

is msg with info and IMM form.

Hbeeb

Oct 11, 2021
on my account, I have like this

Review of medical results
  • We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.

and bellow
Messages about your application

is msg with info and IMM form.
Hmm hopefully it'll appear in GCKey soon! We only linked it yesterday so hoping it's just a technical lag. Will try to call them later in the week if there's no movement.

My partner's GCKey says they have sent a Medical Request and that it can arrive by email or post, so it might just be taking its time via snail mail or something.