Srhmiimii

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
Yes
Any applicant for April 2021 Inland application? open for input

Just submitted today April 12 for my wife inland spousal sponsorship with open work permit. hope everything doin ok..
Hi, I just submitted my application yesterday !!

marcello81

Apr 30, 2021
I´ve send my application including the OWP application on the 8th and it was received on the 9th.
Does anyone know if my inland application automatically puts me into implied status? Or do I still need to apply for an extension of my stay.
I am here on a german passport, so no Visa required. My 6 months visitor status runs out end of June.

iron&wine

Apr 30, 2021
I´ve send my application including the OWP application on the 8th and it was received on the 9th.
Does anyone know if my inland application automatically puts me into implied status? Or do I still need to apply for an extension of my stay.
I am here on a german passport, so no Visa required. My 6 months visitor status runs out end of June.
You should now be on implied status, no extension necessary. :) Congrats on your submission!

Unrelated question: we submitted our inland app at the beginning of April, I can see that Canada Post delivered it, but I haven't received any confirmation of receipt from IRCC or the office in Mississauga. How do you all know that your app has been received/is in process now?

I've tried to link my paper application to my online account but it can't find our application... Thanks in advance!

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
You should now be on implied status, no extension necessary. :) Congrats on your submission!

Unrelated question: we submitted our inland app at the beginning of April, I can see that Canada Post delivered it, but I haven't received any confirmation of receipt from IRCC or the office in Mississauga. How do you all know that your app has been received/is in process now?

I've tried to link my paper application to my online account but it can't find our application... Thanks in advance!

You should still apply to extend your stay before your current status expires. I think others were saying current processing time is around 200 days... When it expires you will be in maintained status (formerly known as implied status) because of your OWP but if ANYTHING goes wrong with your OWP you'll be out of status.

cooky4ya

Apr 30, 2021
Submitted my spousal sponsorship+OWP on April 26th and was received on 28th. Now wait and pray . Good luck to you all.

iron&wine

Apr 30, 2021
You should still apply to extend your stay before your current status expires. I think others were saying current processing time is around 200 days... When it expires you will be in maintained status (formerly known as implied status) because of your OWP but if ANYTHING goes wrong with your OWP you'll be out of status.
That's funny, I was told the opposite—thanks for weighing in.

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020

by who ?! If it wasn't a lawyer I'd def. take that advice with a grain of salt and post it as a question - because I don't know many people who know what they are talking about who would have given you that advice.

Apr 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
Fellow April 2021 applicant here. How’s the waiting game going for everyone? I’ve stopped checking every day now as it was driving me crazy. Trying to keep positive and not be discouraged by the stories of returned applications! Looking forward to celebrating with you all once we get our AORs and things start moving along :)

Bangarang

Dec 30, 2020
So I am in the same boat, i applied for my restoration of status back in December & I’m still waiting to hear back. In the mean time I’ve applied for PR & OWP. So from what I understand - from non stop checking of forums and groups lol and I have also emailed a lawyer to verify so I’ll update you with an answer - feel free to correct me - that by applying to maintain/extend/restore visitor status that gives you maintained status. If you get your OWP before your visitor status you must cancel the visitor visa - as for some illogical reason the visitor status will overrule your OWP, as it will be the up to date / current ruling. Again a silly rule but I may stand corrected. However if your visitor status comes back first and is denied it doesn’t matter as your maintained status for the OWP over rules it. If you get the visitor visa and then OWP = a win.
Confusing?!? Yes. I saw this on a FB question. Again, I messaged an immigration lawyer so I will update you when I hear more.

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
- that by applying to maintain/extend/restore visitor status that gives you maintained status.
This doesn't give you maintained status. Your OWP application does.

I haven't heard the thing about the visitor status overriding your OWP but NOT at least trying to keep your status active is a disservice to your application. If you are out of status by the time they get to your file, they will push you to the back of priority according to my lawyer - your OWP will be delayed - you stay in maintained status but to get your application back on track you need your status to be restored. IF you can still do this online through paperwork that is better than you having to actually cross the border and come back in covid times.

We are also using a well-known lawyer and he is very adamant about needing to keep your visitor status active and/or restored otherwise it WILL delay the rest of your application. So you don't HAVE to do it - but they will still go through the process to restore your status before proceeding with your OWP.

Jump on the inland discord chat and talk to some of us who are in the same situation...

also if you are in this situation - I highly recommend talking to a lawyer before just letting your status expire. Doing this on maintained status may be a disservice to your situation and is very inconvenient ( IMHO from someone who is in this situation). At the end of the day - we all have slightly different situations and we are dependent on whoever gets our file.

Last edited:

PJ26

May 11, 2021
Hi Everyone!
Wondering if anyone may have a similar experience and can provide any insight...
In 2019, I applied for PR via Alberta PNP. I got all the way through to the last stage (comparing to my friend in the same process) however had to withdraw as I was moving provinces.
I have reapplied through common law inland sponsorship in April 2021 and am waiting for AOR.

However, I have already done language test, biometrics and medicals and they are all still valid. Wondering if anyone knows if this will reduce the processing time?

Thanks! Best wishes to all.

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019

we received Canada post email that they delivered the mail so we assumed IRCC received the application.

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
I am in the same boat I called CIC and they told me that you are on implied status so no need to apply for extension.

Reactions: marcello81