+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Application reached CPC M on 7th Apr, now the waiting period begins. Hope its not too long.

sandymadis

Jul 19, 2018
"Can an applicant apply in more than 1 PR program at the same time???"
Here's the case:
I just submitted spousal PR application for my wife and, as you all know, it will take a while to hear back if the application is complete.
Now there's a new program just announced for international students and my wife is eligible to apply under this new program as well. Here are the details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/04/new-pathway-to-permanent-residency-for-over-90000-essential-temporary-workers-and-international-graduates.html

Will there be any issues if there are two PR applications submitted at the same time? Please advise.

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
"Can an applicant apply in more than 1 PR program at the same time???"
Here's the case:
I just submitted spousal PR application for my wife and, as you all know, it will take a while to hear back if the application is complete.
Now there's a new program just announced for international students and my wife is eligible to apply under this new program as well. Here are the details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/04/new-pathway-to-permanent-residency-for-over-90000-essential-temporary-workers-and-international-graduates.html

Will there be any issues if there are two PR applications submitted at the same time? Please advise.
it will better to wait for your spousal application than to submit another one for a different pathway. it will cause you a delay processing, also i read some article in that Situations could arise where the applicants receive the acceptance from more than one program. In this scenario, the applicant would need to choose the program under which they would receive their permanent residence status.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandymadis

vaykres12

Apr 24, 2021
Hi, I came here hoping to get the right answers.
I am a PR here in Canada and I have a long time boyfriend back in the Philippines.
Currently, he’s applying for study permit for September Intake. We have think of this because all the processing times are affected by the pandemic.
I have only two concerns:
1. We are planning on getting married AFTER he gets his visa, and BEFORE he enter Canada... Will it affect something?

2. If there will be problem with the above statement and he has already entered Canada, how long should we wait until I can apply for inland spousal sponsorship?

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hi, I came here hoping to get the right answers.
I am a PR here in Canada and I have a long time boyfriend back in the Philippines.
Currently, he’s applying for study permit for September Intake. We have think of this because all the processing times are affected by the pandemic.
I have only two concerns:
1. We are planning on getting married AFTER he gets his visa, and BEFORE he enter Canada... Will it affect something?

2. If there will be problem with the above statement and he has already entered Canada, how long should we wait until I can apply for inland spousal sponsorship?
he is eligible for extended family as a couple partner as long as he meet the requirement so he can apply for visitor visa and border exception once he get the visitor visa then you can apply for inland application. for me this the fast way to get in. CICC is prioritizing family reunification

Reactions: vaykres12

vaykres12

Apr 24, 2021
Thank you so much. This site was really my last resort before we proceed with student visa which is very expensive.

Nakshatra_Raghuvanshi

May 28, 2020
Mine inland sponsorship application was received on 6th April. I have also applied for the OWP along with the PR application.
How much time approximately it takes to get the OWP once the application is received?

cheersbabe

Apr 25, 2021
Mine inland sponsorship application was received on 6th April. I have also applied for the OWP along with the PR application.
How much time approximately it takes to get the OWP once the application is received?
We submitted our spouse sponsorship with OWP back in January (11th) and there has been no movement of his OWP. Hope this helps