+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Mario Rostova

Oct 26, 2021
Hey guys i got bit of confusion so i received letter from IRCC to get my biometrics and medical exam done yesterday(oct 25th) but then i logged in ECAS this morning it shows medical is already done. I mean i have done medical 4 years ago and i guess it’s because of temporary public policy they picked it up that one but when i called them they didn’t confirm anything and told me to make a send web form so just wanna know is it happening with everyone or just me. Thanks
I suggest sending a webform explaining the issue you're having. From there, they should be able to assist you going forward. I hope this helps.

Parm_99

Aug 13, 2021
I suggest sending a webform explaining the issue you're having. From there, they should be able to assist you going forward. I hope this helps.
I did and they replied with some automated message guess i have to wait couple of days for a real answer that is not generated by computer.

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey guys i got bit of confusion so i received letter from IRCC to get my biometrics and medical exam done yesterday(oct 25th) but then i logged in ECAS this morning it shows medical is already done. I mean i have done medical 4 years ago and i guess it’s because of temporary public policy they picked it up that one but when i called them they didn’t confirm anything and told me to make a send web form so just wanna know is it happening with everyone or just me. Thanks
This is a generic email, which many get. Ignore it.

manasdhal

May 12, 2017
Hi All,

I’d applied for Inland sponsorship of my wife in April 2021. Application was received on 29th April , AOR1 received on 27th May. Today I got a mail from IRCC mentioning that IRCC has received my application but it has my (Sponsor) UCI and Application number same as AOR1 without X(no attachment).This doesn’t look like AOR2. However I’m now able to link the application to the online profile. The status in online profile is Medical Passed. When can I expect AOR2 ?

Vles

Jul 29, 2018
Ontario
Hi All,

I’d applied for Inland sponsorship of my wife in April 2021. Application was received on 29th April , AOR1 received on 27th May. Today I got a mail from IRCC mentioning that IRCC has received my application but it has my (Sponsor) UCI and Application number same as AOR1 without X(no attachment).This doesn’t look like AOR2. However I’m now able to link the application to the online profile. The status in online profile is Medical Passed. When can I expect AOR2 ?
It is AOR2

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hi All,

It is AOR2 just link you appl.

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Same here. Still waiting for the medical approval. See below timeline.
We called the clinic yesterday and was told results will be submitted on the system in 1 to 2 days.

Same here. Still waiting for the medical approval. See below timeline.
We called the clinic yesterday and was told results will be submitted on the system in 1 to 2 days.

Medical got approved today on GCKEY!

Reactions: MRQ

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Received a letter (snail mail) from IRCC today stating I’m AIP. Still waiting for them to email me the medical instructions.
Did they E-mail you also or just send snail mail? The reason I am asking is in my ECAS I have a line from oct. 14 "We sent you a letter on October 14, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us." Same-day on IRCC portal was the biometric request. I assume ECAs are related to IRCC system biometrics.

manasdhal

May 12, 2017
It is AOR2 just link you appl.
I linked the application. However In profile Review of eligibility section, it says “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.” and there is no letter attached to the mail. So I guess this is not AOR2. I want to apply health card (OHIP) for my wife and service Ontario needs AOR letter from IRCC mentioning Applicant meets eligibility requirements. So not sure if IRCC will issue AOR2 when eligibility is reviewed. I’d applied open work permit for her as well. Anyone knows how long it will take from this stage ?

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
I linked the application. However In profile Review of eligibility section, it says “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.” and there is no letter attached to the mail. So I guess this is not AOR2. I want to apply health card (OHIP) for my wife and service Ontario needs AOR letter from IRCC mentioning Applicant meets eligibility requirements. So not sure if IRCC will issue AOR2 when eligibility is reviewed. I’d applied open work permit for her as well. Anyone knows how long it will take from this stage ?

“Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.” Eligibility is just one of the steps which your application has to pass. They are looking if the sponsor and applicant are eligible, for a sponsor to be sponsor and applicant for PR.

my understanding is the following.

AOR1 or Temp AOR: Acknowledgement of Receipt ( y get UCI and file no which start with X). When IRCC says we receive your post and we let y know that post arrived.
AOR2: IRCC says we open your envelop check that all necessary papers are there and we start with the process. In case that minimum is not full fill IRCC send y back the application. ( y get file no, without X and you are able to connect your application to IRCC system )

Regarding your question about timing, no one cant tell y that. Since not every case is the same and some ppl get PR after one month and some after even a few years, have some friends how are waiting already for 2 years. Y can take look at the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit?pli=1#gid=1740943014

Last edited:
Reactions: manasdhal

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Service Ontario needs AIP letter not AOR.
AIP means Approved In Principle which states applicant has met eligibility requirements. You can check our detailed timeline below in the signature.

Reactions: manasdhal

potatobeans

May 6, 2020
Did they E-mail you also or just send snail mail? The reason I am asking is in my ECAS I have a line from oct. 14 "We sent you a letter on October 14, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us." Same-day on IRCC portal was the biometric request. I assume ECAs are related to IRCC system biometrics.
Only snail mail. On GCKey it still says they are reviewing eligibility. I got the same message on ECAS when they sent the biometric request. The only one I didn't get on GCKey is the medical instructions, which they sent to PA's email on the same day they sent AOR (to the sponsor's email).

I did get an extra line on ECAS on Oct 12 saying they started processing my application. AIP was sent 2 days later on Oct 14.

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Only snail mail. On GCKey it still says they are reviewing eligibility. I got the same message on ECAS when they sent the biometric request. The only one I didn't get on GCKey is the medical instructions, which they sent to PA's email on the same day they sent AOR (to the sponsor's email).

I did get an extra line on ECAS on Oct 12 saying they started processing my application. AIP was sent 2 days later on Oct 14.
Tnx, i am just trying out to figure how their system is working. But there is no rules , just case by case . ECAS; Ircc portal, snail mail .... check everything and what y get :)

Jaylee123

Oct 15, 2021
Sigh. It's been two weeks since my medical has been submitted and no update yet on ecas. I see some of you get update in less than a week should I be worried?