+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

bacovcin

Mar 31, 2017
Just checked today (Sept. 10th) on ECAS and my application is in progress. We're the bacovcin line on the tracking spreadsheet.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Strongfaith42, My application got in process on Sep 9th in ecas, request if you can update the tracker, thanks

maddy044

Jan 22, 2016
Just checked today (Sept. 10th) on ECAS and my application is in progress. We're the bacovcin line on the tracking spreadsheet.
Is there an update on the new tracker? What is the application filed date on the new tracker? Thanks in advance

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Just checked ECAS and my application is in progress! “We started processing your application on September 9, 2021.”

MikeEH

Sep 10, 2021
Please Add my details. Thanks

Physical Presence Days: 1102
Application: Single (Online)
Application sent: April 11, 2021
Delivered: April 11, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: 2016-04-11 to 2021-04-10
AOR: August 24, 2021

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Nocturno

Jun 5, 2016
Hello everyone,

I owe an update as I previously posted that I never got the confirmation email for my online application. Well, I finally did receive an AOR; submitted my application in Vancouver on April 20 this year, got the AOR on August 25, my total number of days spent in Canada was 1180.5. You can add this to the tracker if you wish.

Now for my question - Having received my AOR, I will have to execute my long-delayed plans and leave Canada (for the time being). What are the next steps I need to do - should I engage with CIC via the Contact Us form to let them know? Do I need to maintain a snail mail address here even though it's an online application?

Further, I have no access to "old ECAS" and I don't know how to get it, the online tracker as I understand will show that the application is "in progress" even though it might not be. Should I pre-emptively take fingerprints while I'm still in Canada to save myself from a future trip solely for that purpose - is there any info anywhere on how to do that? Also if it's easier to go back to a different Canadian city rather than Vancouver, for any future steps including the citizenship test, is is possible to do them in a different location (say Toronto)?

Thanks everyone so much and good luck!

saik143

May 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
My friend Pinky just got a update, could someone please update the April 2021 tracker (row 46)?
Application sent: April 5 2021
Delivered: April 11 2021
AOR received: July 7 2021
Application type: Paper
Status in the new portal changed to in progress: September 9 2021

Please update the tracker
Thank you,

Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys, just wanted to update that status in ECAS has changed to 'In Progress' on 8th September 2021 and the new tracker shows 'Background Check' as completed on 9th September, 2021.

I am wondering why 'Language Skills', 'Physical Presence' and 'Prohibitions' are still showing the status as 'In Progress'. Language skills and Physical Presence are clearly visible on the application, aren't they? And, if Background verification has been completed, I would imagine that 'Prohibitions' must have been completed simultaneously too. Does anyone have any idea about what happens next and when the invitation to appear in the test be extended?

Lastly, how do you guys prepare for the test? Please share tips if any. Cheers!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I definitely will! BG check is the largest part of the reviewing stage, right?
Well in some cases it is the easiest, it all depends in your circumstances and if CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) and RCMP can verify your identity in a timely manner, which in your case, is almost done!!!

Reactions: Slm1003

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there an update on the new tracker? What is the application filed date on the new tracker? Thanks in advance
The new tracker still shows everything as is, In process, I would wait for a couple of days to see if BG gets complete. The update date is of today.

Reactions: maddy044