+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi what is the next step after BG completed and how long it take to go for next step ?
I have answered this in the March thread. It could be within weeks or months, it depends on the local office processing your application. You can check trends in the spreadsheet, go to Location by Month tab or check the April 2021 tab, search for others members in your same location and see if they have or have not received the test invite.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have answered this in the March thread. It could be within weeks or months, it depends on the local office processing your application. You can check trends in the spreadsheet, go to Location by Month tab or check the April 2021 tab, search for others members in your same location and see if they have or have not received the test invite.
Thanks

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry another question I got Bg completed only for me but for my 2 daughter it still in progress one of them is 18 + is this normal ?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Sorry another question I got Bg completed only for me but for my 2 daughter it still in progress one of them is 18 + is this normal ?
Minors you won't see any change until yours is approve. For your other daughter 18+ fingerprints request might be coming for her, after FP are provided, 4 or 6 weeks later BG will be completed.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Minors you won't see any change until yours is approve. For your other daughter 18+ fingerprints request might be coming for her, after FP are provided, 4 or 6 weeks later BG will be completed.
Thanks but how she makes the finger print in Toronto , where do she goes ! Is it required a letter or she can go from now and do it ?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks but how she makes the finger print in Toronto , where do she goes ! Is it required a letter or she can go from now and do it ?
She will require the letter you need to wait until IRCC give you instructions, she needs to follow them. You will need to find a private company that does fingerprints in Toronto, you can search in your browser RCMP fingerprints and you find them, make sure they are certified to do that and everything will be in their webpage

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
She will require the letter you need to wait until IRCC give you instructions, she needs to follow them. You will need to find a private company that does fingerprints in Toronto, you can search in your browser RCMP fingerprints and you find them, make sure they are certified to do that and everything will be in their webpage
I believe that not everyone gets a fingerprint request

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I just want to confirm that I checked the OLD ECAS just now and my application has now gone to IN PROGRESS on 2nd September.
No new changes are seen in the new ECAS since it went to in-progress the next day and it is still showing the same. However there was an update on 3rd September but seems like a dummy update with no changes.
Kindly update my status on the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Last edited:

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I just want to confirm that I checked the OLD ECAS just now and my application has now gone to IN PROGRESS on 2nd September.
No new changes are seen in the new ECAS since it went to in-progress the next day and it is still showing the same. However there was an update on 3rd September but seems like a dummy update with no changes.
You will see a real update in the dashboard hopefully a couple of days after, it will probably be BG verification completed. Keep us posted. Thanks

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I believe that not everyone gets a fingerprint request
In this case two members of the family have had BG verification completed and the other only had the ghost update and no change to BG, what we have seen from other cases is that the other family member will be required to present Fingerprints in order to have the BG completed.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
You will see a real update in the dashboard hopefully a couple of days after, it will probably be BG verification completed. Keep us posted. Thanks
Sure. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks again!

Mum84

Sep 7, 2021
Hi everyone, here is my time frame, I'm still waiting for AOR

Physical Presence Days: 1425
Application: Single
Application submitted: 1st April 2021 (Online application)
Delivered: 1st April 2021
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): Waiting

Please add me.

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Hey Johnsyk,

We have the same dates for status change to IN PROGRESS. My AOR Date is 28th June.

Best of luck for a speedy process.

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Hi StrongFaith42

Maybe due to the long weekend the status updates are not happening. My ECAS also shows as IN PROGRESS, but the new dashboard has not changed since the beginning. Will keep us all updated.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi StrongFaith42

Maybe due to the long weekend the status updates are not happening. My ECAS also shows as IN PROGRESS, but the new dashboard has not changed since the beginning. Will keep us all updated.
If it hasn't changed to BG verification complete in a couple of days, that could mean that Fingerprints will be required, and it takes 6-8 weeks after that ghost update to get the update about the FG. Yes please keep us posted.