+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Just got a letter requesting fingerprints for my husband but not myself. Has anyone else gotten one from April applicants, or only one adult out of two? Where is the best place to get them done - an agency or the local police office?

I’ve seen some say fingerprints come before a test invite and his application is much more straight forward than mine (I’ve traveled to the US a few times, he has only stayed in Canada). Is there any truth to this? Our applications just went to in progress on the 10th so I doubt that. It’s still in Sydney, too, I think.

Last edited:

MowNneA

Aug 6, 2021
Hi all
I still haven’t received my AOR for my online app submitted on Apr 27th. Is it time to panic yet?
Can you please advise on what number to call to enquire about this? Thanks in advance

@Strongfaith42 any thoughts on this?

ONLINE APPLICATION
Physical Presence Days: 1103
Application: Single
Application sent: April 27, 2021
Delivered: April 27, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: April 27, 2016 to April 26, 2021
AOR: Waiting

Last edited:

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I have updated your information!!! There are to different tracker to track your application. One is called ECAS (now it is called old ECAS) as it appears only paper applicants have access to it, there you could see when your application had been received "Application received", when your application went in to "In Process" this is when they have actually started processing your application by initiating the BG check (criminality / security) and you file is transferred to your local office, when documents like fingerprints were requested (if the applicant actually needed to submit them, not all applicants are required to do go through this step), Test Invite, and when your application went into "Decision Made".

It appears that online applicants only have access to the new Dashboard where your application will appeared to be In Progress from the moment your file is created (AOR) in the system until your application is closed.

Therefore the meaning from the ECAS "in process" is completely different than the Dashboard "In Progress. Does this help answering your question?
Hi, Thanks for the explanation. It helps!

GLMESH0101

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Surprised to see many applicants from Jan and Feb got test invitation already ! :eek:
Anybody from April got test invitation ???? have you heard from anyone ? just curious who else preparing already for the test

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Just got a letter requesting fingerprints for my husband but not myself. Has anyone else gotten one from April applicants, or only one adult out of two? Where is the best place to get them done - an agency or the local police office?

I’ve seen some say fingerprints come before a test invite and his application is much more straight forward than mine (I’ve traveled to the US a few times, he has only stayed in Canada). Is there any truth to this? Our applications just went to in progress on the 10th so I doubt that. It’s still in Sydney, too, I think.
Yes this is normal, we are a family of 5 applicants (1 minor), 3 adults had BG verification completed on June 11, 2021 and 1 adult was required to provide FP. There was a wait of 6 weeks after June 11 to receive the letter about FP for that applicant, the other applicant BG was completed on Aug 19, 2021. And it is not related to travel, the FP are required to resolve problems or errors that may happen if your name, date of birth and/or place of birth are similar to those of someone else.

Here you can find answers to where to do it

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

Last edited:
Reactions: Slm1003

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Surprised to see many applicants from Jan and Feb got test invitation already ! :eek:
Anybody from April got test invitation ???? have you heard from anyone ? just curious who else preparing already for the test
Not yet April, but some March applicants have received the test invitation already. Keep checking it might be getting closer to Online April applicants.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Please update tracker
Paper application:

Physical Presence Days: 1160
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: April 13, 2021
Delivered: April 19, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: April 10, 2016 to April 10, 2021
AOR: July 13th 2021
ECAS In Progress :Sept 7th 2021
I have added this to the spreadsheet!!! BG verification might be completed in a few days!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi all
I still haven’t received my AOR for my online app submitted on Apr 27th. Is it time to panic yet?
Can you please advise on what number to call to enquire about this? Thanks in advance

@Strongfaith42 any thoughts on this?

ONLINE APPLICATION
Physical Presence Days: 1103
Application: Single
Application sent: April 27, 2021
Delivered: April 27, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: April 27, 2016 to April 26, 2021
AOR: Waiting
Some applications may take a little bit longer, please don't panic, I know it is frustrating and the levels of anxiety with this process are not easy to manage, but patience is what we need to with this, it will come, don't worry.

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Yes this is normal, we are a family of 5 applicants (1 minor), 3 adults had BG verification completed on June 11, 2021 and 1 adult was required to provide FP. There was a wait of 6 weeks after June 11 to receive the letter about FP for that applicant, the other applicant BG was completed on Aug 19, 2021. And it is not related to travel, the FP are required to resolve problems or errors that may happen if your name, date of birth and/or place of birth are similar to those of someone else.

thank you so much for the response!

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018

@Slm1003 @Strongfaith42 please note that the link you provided is for Biometrics and not the FP that you submit to RCMP. You should go to the RCMP or an accredited agency in your city/area. The letter should explain what to do.
Good luck!

Reactions: Slm1003