+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

supreets2

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
So I'm stilling waiting for AOR, and planning to move from ON to BC. I understand I can notify CIC about a change of address once the application is live, but since my application hasn't even been picked up yet not sure how the change of address request will be processed at this stage.

Anyone else waiting for AOR ran into this?

PS: Reading folks from Dec and even Jan getting AOR and us folks from April still waiting is very disappointing, but at same time not sure what can we do about it.

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
So I'm stilling waiting for AOR, and planning to move from ON to BC. I understand I can notify CIC about a change of address once the application is live, but since my application hasn't even been picked up yet not sure how the change of address request will be processed at this stage.

PS: Reading folks from Dec and even Jan getting AOR and us folks from April still waiting is very disappointing, but at same time not sure what can we do about it.
talk with your local MP, they might be help.

Yf2020

Oct 2, 2020

I moved from Toronto to other area as well. I haven't told them yet since I haven't gotten AOR. At this point, I started to think my application might have gotten lost, and started considering to re-submit my application again. But knowing other forks from April in the same boat, it might just need some time to get updated. Hope we will get an update soon.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
When is doubt use the double rule. Take how long you have waited, double it and then evaluate.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I applied in June and knew average wait was about 2 to 3 months. My wife informed me of the double rule. I said what is it. She said wait another two or three months and I did. Sure enough the double rule came through, roughly 5.5 months later I got AOR. Now I live by the double rule.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021

They usually communicate by email... you can still do mail forwarding for a bit to be sure to your new address. You can change your address when you get AOR but I’m not sure how it affects your spouses (I assume you’re sponsoring spouse) intended province....you better call them about that one

Reactions: dw33

supreets2

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Thanks, guys for your responses.

An update, I called in and the person on phone did confirm that they have my application. She gave us a temp number, was surprised herself why we haven't received any email yet.

Regd change of address she said we just need to fill the web form and will be good.

Reactions: mandy24

ShaeJ

Feb 8, 2021
File received: April 20 2020
AOR:
SA:
Medical request:
Medical done:
Medical passed:
File in process:
Background check:
Passport request:
Sent passport submission:
Application approved:
Received passport:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Moving to or from any province except Quebec is not a problem. Just advise them once you have moved, will not affect the app. Quebec has different requirements so it would complicate things if you were moving in or out of there.

Reactions: supreets2