+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Ghenzkie

Nov 10, 2018
While we are still waiting for AOR, thought I'll check with the group here about the anticipated next steps. We have filled outlland but my wife is here in Canada on a vistors visa. How will that affect where the application gets processed?

---------
Applied sent/received: April 26, 2020
AOR:
SA:
Medical request:
Medical done:
Medical passed:
File in process:
Background check:
Passport request:
Sent passport submission:
Application approved:
Received passport:
We have exact situation but I submitted mine April 14 and they received it April 17.

ShaeJ

Feb 8, 2021
- Q: How will me visiting my husband in Canada affect how the application gets processed?
A: You visiting your spouse will not affect the application's process.

- Q: How are applications are chosen to be processed?
A: Applications are processed on a first come first served basis.

- Q: Is my spouse able to apply for a work permit as a visitor in Canada?
A: If you didn't send in a work permit application with your Sponsorship application, then you'd have to wait on a Approved in Principle (AIP) - a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements.

My application was delivered to the Sydney address April 20,2020 but I'm being told they received it September 2, 2020. Apparently it's in the process of being checked.

Gurpreet Gautam

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
My wife received mail in which she was eligible for sponsor on 4 nov 2020
First tell me what is Aor ?
On my gc key account
Eligibility check and background check is in process
My ecas account from 20 jan 2021 application received is showing instead of in process
Has somebody from india has a same scenario

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My wife received mail in which she was eligible for sponsor on 4 nov 2020
First tell me what is Aor ?
On my gc key account
Eligibility check and background check is in process
My ecas account from 20 jan 2021 application received is showing instead of in process
Has somebody from india has a same scenario
AOR1 used to almost always be a separate letter, but has been less consistent lately. You can consider that if she got sponsor approval, the AOR1 is done (they would not give sponsor approval without deeming that the file is complete, which is the main meaning of AOR1).

Reactions: Gurpreet Gautam

supreets2

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
We are in process of moving cities while the application is in process. Will be in airbnb for couple months in between.

Does CIC send any correspondence by mail? or is it all using email?

We plan to update address once we know our new address but there will be a couple of months gap between our current address and new one

Crtw6

Dec 6, 2020
While we are still waiting for AOR, thought I'll check with the group here about the anticipated next steps. We have filled outlland but my wife is here in Canada on a vistors visa. How will that affect where the application gets processed?

---------
Applied sent/received: April 26, 2020
AOR:
SA:
Medical request:
Medical done:
Medical passed:
File in process:
Background check:
Passport request:
Sent passport submission:
Application approved:
Received passport:
Hi! Any news on AOR? We are in the same boat. Application derived to Sydney on April 30th and no AOR.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
How do people find out which visa office their application is moving to? Is it through the Sponsorship Approval Letter or are applicants sent a separate email / letter notifying of the move ?