+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
I understand what AOR means but why two different columns in spreadsheet. One for prospective app# and one for AOR itself. What's the difference?
The reason for the two columns is because the prospective AOR just confirms that they have received your application but the 2nd one will confirm they have reviewed your documents package and you are not missing anything.

Kumar125

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
The implied status will be when they look at your profile. accepting your docs wont update your status
No, implied status is when after they receive your application, no matter what. If tracking says your application is delivered then you are good that you are implied status unless it is delivered to not deliver to the wrong address and your application will be processed as in the order they receive. keeping fee paid receipt and tracking is very important for the proof.

GYashna2795

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
The reason for the two columns is because the prospective AOR just confirms that they have received your application but the 2nd one will confirm they have reviewed your documents package and you are not missing anything.
BA2LAMAZ i had some questions for you

GYashna2795

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
i was going through an old post of yours regarding the noc category so just had a question for u

Love514

Jan 4, 2020
Hi everyone. My spouse is coming from the US to Canada (Toronto) at the end of the month and staying for 3 months. The initial intent was for her to visit and return to the US but given the current climate south of the border, we’re debating if we should apply for inland sponsorship. We’re on the fence and not sure how to proceed. She was laid off from her job due to the pandemic and we figure it might be time to apply here as opposed to outland.
I’m curious to know you’re take on this.

Luca07

Sep 4, 2020
Hi everyone. My spouse is coming from the US to Canada (Toronto) at the end of the month and staying for 3 months. The initial intent was for her to visit and return to the US but given the current climate south of the border, we’re debating if we should apply for inland sponsorship. We’re on the fence and not sure how to proceed. She was laid off from her job due to the pandemic and we figure it might be time to apply here as opposed to outland.
I’m curious to know you’re take on this.
I think you should let her get a visitor record when she lands so she can be able to apply for a work permit as well. I must warn you that it might take longer for her to get a work permit but if you're working and have your finances straight then it wont hurt. People have waited for 8 months for a work permit but they have their families here so it's all up to you guys to weigh your options and check your finances as well.

Binanca_Sun

Oct 28, 2020
My application was received by IRCC on 6th April, 2020 (inland) and it was returned yesterday because of a missing signature. Also, I applied for a visitor visa extension on 21st July, 2020 (30 days before my current visa expired) but the application is still in process. My question is:

-While updating the forms now as my status in Canada should I write visitor or other and mention I’m on implied status?

-Should I send my OWP along with my PR application hoping to get my extension before they open my OWP application or should I apply for OWP after I get AOR?

wtexan

Feb 6, 2019
I am not able to correctly answer your questions because I don't know. We applied for my wife's Visitor Extension online 5 weeks before her current 6 months was up and received an instant reply that it was received and being processed. That was Sept 12th., nothing since. I think you have to assume implied status until they approve or deny the extension. Even with the extension, I assume you are still a visitor on the forms. I am not familiar with the Work Permit but there are other people on these boards who can answer questions on that.

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
I am not able to correctly answer your questions because I don't know. We applied for my wife's Visitor Extension online 5 weeks before her current 6 months was up and received an instant reply that it was received and being processed. That was Sept 12th., nothing since. I think you have to assume implied status until they approve or deny the extension. Even with the extension, I assume you are still a visitor on the forms. I am not familiar with the Work Permit but there are other people on these boards who can answer questions on that.
You still have legal implied status due to waiting on a visitor extension so submitting the owp along with the application again i would not see as a problem.
The main thing that is important is you can not submit the owp if you are out of status. So if there is a decision made on your extension that is negative it may affect your ability to apply.
In short yes you are still considered a visitor waiting on an application for extension of status and therefore cna submit that change of status owp's have been taking over 8 months it seems like so there is a possiblity that you may receive news on your extension sooner than your owp.

Please take all my words with a grain of salt and talk with someone at ircc either through webforum or calling. Because ultimately they hold he decision.

kaylaud

Oct 29, 2020
My application was received by IRCC on 6th April, 2020 (inland) and it was returned yesterday because of a missing signature. Also, I applied for a visitor visa extension on 21st July, 2020 (30 days before my current visa expired) but the application is still in process. My question is:

-While updating the forms now as my status in Canada should I write visitor or other and mention I’m on implied status?

-Should I send my OWP along with my PR application hoping to get my extension before they open my OWP application or should I apply for OWP after I get AOR?
How was it returned just via regular mail and was it the full package you sent them including pictures and proof etc?
I am anticipating ours to be returned due to missing zip code and ours was received April 1st (inland).

Binanca_Sun

Oct 28, 2020
How was it returned just via regular mail and was it the full package you sent them including pictures and proof etc?
I am anticipating ours to be returned due to missing zip code and ours was received April 1st (inland).
It was sent via regular mail and it was the full package. I don’t think they even opened anything past the forms.

I hope everything goes well for you and you get your AOR soon.

Binanca_Sun

Oct 28, 2020
Thank you for your reply. We also thought a lot and decided to keep the status as Visitor.

Binanca_Sun

Oct 28, 2020
You still have legal implied status due to waiting on a visitor extension so submitting the owp along with the application again i would not see as a problem.
The main thing that is important is you can not submit the owp if you are out of status. So if there is a decision made on your extension that is negative it may affect your ability to apply.
In short yes you are still considered a visitor waiting on an application for extension of status and therefore cna submit that change of status owp's have been taking over 8 months it seems like so there is a possiblity that you may receive news on your extension sooner than your owp.

Please take all my words with a grain of salt and talk with someone at ircc either through webforum or calling. Because ultimately they hold he decision.
Thank you for your reply.
There’s not much we can really do at the moment so we decided to take our chances and send the OWP application anyways.

Reactions: Usa2canada<3

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I have a question, did you follow the summary checklist our the basic guidelines? They said in the other form, there was discrepancies between the two, when comes to signatures.

We send our documents last April 2, and upon reading your post yesterday. I have to rush in the post office to check ours.