+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

potatomary

Jul 15, 2014
Hi there -

I have submitted the family sponsorship for my son back in end April 2020, but i have not received anything whatsoever. May I know if you normally received acknowledgement right away? I am getting worry if my application was missing..

Pilkela

Sep 10, 2019
Hi all, happy to hear that some action is happening with our applications! I got today the reminder of biometrics fee letter, although I have paid the fee when I paidthe application. The letter says just ignore it if you have already paid the fee, although now I feel the need to double check my payment. I am just wondering if others have got the same letter? All the bests for everyone!

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
That's just a number for the biometrics email - it won't link to your account. You have to wait until you get your AOR, which will have your real file number.
So for those who still need to pay the biometrics fee how will they pay it and send it to IRCC if there’s no app number to link it to?

yoorileeee

Aug 4, 2020
Hi everyone, application for my wife sent in at the end of April. Got email today requesting for Biometrics.

Does this mean AOR???

What's next?
Btw, do we need to do biometrics now becuase of covid??

Thanks
1. I guess this is not AOR, just a biometric reminder as it said. But at least it signals they finally resume the processing and we will soon receive AOR.
2. The next step is to wait until getting AOR.
3. Biometric is not related to Covid-19, but it is to confirm identity of foreigners, such as screening for criminals.

yoorileeee

Aug 4, 2020
Hi there -

I have submitted the family sponsorship for my son back in end April 2020, but i have not received anything whatsoever. May I know if you normally received acknowledgement right away? I am getting worry if my application was missing..
Check this link below. Many people from this forum are lively updating the status of their own applications so I could confirm if my application was not too behind.
Actually many people who sent at the end of April have received Biometric Reminder Email on Sep 3, so you should receive it soon too.
Regarding AOR, no you do not receive AOR right away. I could find from the link below it normally took 2 months but due to Covid-19 all the goverment processings except CERB have slowed down (almost stopped).
Do not worry too much but join this google sheet. It definitely helped me to wait in peace.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1900589295

yoorileeee

Aug 4, 2020
Hi all, happy to hear that some action is happening with our applications! I got today the reminder of biometrics fee letter, although I have paid the fee when I paidthe application. The letter says just ignore it if you have already paid the fee, although now I feel the need to double check my payment. I am just wondering if others have got the same letter? All the bests for everyone!
Yes, many people including me finally got "something" from the processing centre yesterday. When I checked the tracking google sheet, up to the ones sent in the beginning of June have received the email, so the government workers are now in action pretty much I guess.

allawi

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Check this link below. Many people from this forum are lively updating the status of their own applications so I could confirm if my application was not too behind.
Actually many people who sent at the end of April have received Biometric Reminder Email on Sep 3, so you should receive it soon too.
Regarding AOR, no you do not receive AOR right away. I could find from the link below it normally took 2 months but due to Covid-19 all the goverment processings except CERB have slowed down (almost stopped).
Do not worry too much but join this google sheet. It definitely helped me to wait in peace.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1900589295
2 months between Finger Prints Fee Reminder and AOR?

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
So for those who still need to pay the biometrics fee how will they pay it and send it to IRCC if there’s no app number to link it to?
There are instructions included in the reminder email. Looks like it just associates your payment with your application by your name and address details.

rahu22

Sep 30, 2018
I received Biometrics fee reminder on Sep3 as well. Has anyone been able to link their PR/OWP application with the App number listed on fee reminder letter.
Also, any AORs yet for April folks?

wtexan

Feb 6, 2019
My wife that I am sponsoring received an email Sept 3 to pay the Biometrics fee which we did that day. We have not received any info on where to have this fingerprinting & photo done.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
My wife that I am sponsoring received an email Sept 3 to pay the Biometrics fee which we did that day. We have not received any info on where to have this fingerprinting & photo done.
You will get an email / letter from IRCC starting where and deadline when you have to do your fingerprinting and photo done by. It will take place at a Canada Passport Office. You will need to make an appointment at the office but you can't make one until you get this letter from IRCC.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I received Biometrics fee reminder on Sep3 as well. Has anyone been able to link their PR/OWP application with the App number listed on fee reminder letter.
Also, any AORs yet for April folks?
I haven't been able to link the PR/OWP to the F000XXXXXX application number as of yet either. I have been checking every day to see the application will get found. No luck yet. I have seen some people, not many, was able to link to the application online with their application number online. Unfortunately we are not one of them.