+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

MELISA16

Sep 8, 2020
Hello - CIC received our spousal sponsorship on April 29 and on Sept 3 we got email for CIC for Reminder Biometrics Fee. is that F000 # will be able to link the file? or do we I need to wait for another letter. anyone have any idea? Thanks

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hello - CIC received our spousal sponsorship on April 29 and on Sept 3 we got email for CIC for Reminder Biometrics Fee. is that F000 # will be able to link the file? or do we I need to wait for another letter. anyone have any idea? Thanks
The biometrics fee reminder file number can not be used to link to your account. You have to wait for your AOR for that.

wtexan

Feb 6, 2019
As I have already posted that we contacted our MP's office.They have a higher level of contact with CIC. CIC sent the MP an email Sept 10/20 stating that my wife's PR app was received on May11/20 but d/t the covid they were unable to quote a processing time frame. We also applied for a visitor extension on Sat Sept 12/20 and received notice on Monday that it was being processed.

jjispig

May 29, 2017
IRCC speeding up processing for spousal applications
News release
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.

Full article: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html

Sep 3, 2020
My partner (sponsor) received our AOR (although looking at the spreadsheet, which I will add to, this may be a prospective AOR) today! It states "We have received your application, and will advise whether your application is complete or is missing required documents.", so I guess they haven't gone through the applications yet, but at least things are moving!

Timeline:
Inland, Common-Law, Quebec
Sent: March 30th 2020
Received: April 6th 2020
Biometrics Free Reminder: September 3rd 2020
AOR: September 25th 2020

jjispig

May 29, 2017
My partner (sponsor) received our AOR (although looking at the spreadsheet, which I will add to, this may be a prospective AOR) today! It states "We have received your application, and will advise whether your application is complete or is missing required documents.", so I guess they haven't gone through the applications yet, but at least things are moving!

Timeline:
Inland, Common-Law, Quebec
Sent: March 30th 2020
Received: April 6th 2020
Biometrics Free Reminder: September 3rd 2020
AOR: September 25th 2020

Congratulations!

I got the AOR email this morning, are you able to open the PDF file attached on that email? For some reason I couldn't review or download the PDF file, I don't know if it's just me or others having the same issue.

Thank you.

Aug 16, 2020
IRCC speeding up processing for spousal applications
News release
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.

Full article: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html

Does anyone know or think this will also include common law applications or just "spousal"?

I also received the email/letter today with a temporary application number.

Sep 3, 2020
Congratulations!

I got the AOR email this morning, are you able to open the PDF file attached on that email? For some reason I couldn't review or download the PDF file, I don't know if it's just me or others having the same issue.

Thank you.
Congratulations too! Yeah, I didn't have any issues opening / downloading it.

wtexan

Feb 6, 2019
I also received an email today for my wife's application sent Inland May2020 with a temporary app number

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my AOR yesterday as sponsor, we send our application last April 2, 2020.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I am looking at the spreadsheet. I am seeing a few people getting AOR with prospective app#. What does that mean really?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
It means they officially acknowledging receipt of your application.
I understand what AOR means but why two different columns in spreadsheet. One for prospective app# and one for AOR itself. What's the difference?

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand what AOR means but why two different columns in spreadsheet. One for prospective app# and one for AOR itself. What's the difference?

it is a temporary application number , and it seems immigration now is given lots of temporary application number.