+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

magm

Jan 9, 2020
Even if they received your package you need to get the extension. The Implied Status starts when they start checking on your case. We sent our documents past February, but I arrived to Canada December 2019, my tourist status expired the last week of June 2020, we Asked the extension the first week of March 2020 and go it aproved the first week of June 2020. We had a lot of delays due to Covid, we only got the notification of the sponsorship package arrived to the Immigration office until the first week of July, even when the Online Tool said they got it three days after we sent it.
Implied status starts the date that it arrives at the immigration office. Unless it is returned due to a silly mistake.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Last edited:

larrykingwsc

Jul 29, 2019
Even if they received your package you need to get the extension. The Implied Status starts when they start checking on your case. We sent our documents past February, but I arrived to Canada December 2019, my tourist status expired the last week of June 2020, we Asked the extension the first week of March 2020 and go it aproved the first week of June 2020. We had a lot of delays due to Covid, we only got the notification of the sponsorship package arrived to the Immigration office until the first week of July, even when the Online Tool said they got it three days after we sent it.
Hello, when did you get the request for medical exam for the visitor record?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
How's everyone's status? Any updates on the AOR yet or digital application link?
So far only one person in the Inland Feb reported AOR in June.

lennyhello123

Aug 8, 2020
I sent my application papers for common in law(PR) on 14th April and It got delivered on 17th April (via Canada Post)
later I found out I missed an open work permit application.
So I completed it online on 7th July.
I had the request about biometrics on 8th July(for OWP), but everywhere shutdown. nothing I can do.

Last edited:

Pulkit1990

Aug 7, 2020
Sent my application with Xpresspost. Its status is "Out for Delivery - delivery pending" since yesterday morning. Spoke to CP rep but she has no idea either. Anyone know what does this mean?
Hi, I sent my wife's application on July 18th using xpresspost for delivery at CPC Mississauga (2 Robert Speck) and it shows out for delivery since July 20th. Any update on your application's delivery

mayuri25

Sep 4, 2018
Ok i might have good news for everyone as i just checked the layest update on canada.ca website the processing time for OWP applied inland paper based has decreased to 89 days from earlier 139 something days so thats something good for everyome who has apploed owp with their inland sponsorship application. The updation was made as of on 28th April 2020. :) Thank you
Can you send me the link where it has been updated , I am not able to find it out

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Can you send me the link where it has been updated , I am not able to find it out
The processing time for spouses are different when applying for OWP. Do not take into consideration the timeline you see online for “regular” OWP

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I sent my application papers for common in law(PR) on 14th April and It got delivered on 17th April (via Canada Post)
later I found out I missed an open work permit application.
So I completed it online on 7th July.
I had the request about biometrics on 8th July(for OWP), but everywhere shutdown. nothing I can do.
You cannot apply for OWP online unless you have your PR application have been approved in principle (AIP). You should have sent it by mail, together with proof that you have submitted your PR application (payment receipt and may be a delivery note from mailing company).

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
hey guys....Is NOC B job mandatory while sponsoring the spouse??
Having a job is not a requirement if you are a PR/Citizen sponsoring a spouse. You just need to show proof that you can support them and won’t need social assistance. You can read more on the complete guide to sponsor spouse or common law partner