APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

chokoh

Jul 7, 2020
Hello~! Nice to meet you everyone :)
I'm glad to join in here!

Here's my timeline:

Application sent: April 27, 2020
Application delivered: April 28, 2020

...................waiting..........................

and quick questions:
1. I applied for OWP as well, and my current student visa is expiring this month. Would my status after it expires be considered as implied status? or because I haven't received AOR so it doesn't really count?..
2. If it doesn't count, I was thinking I might as well visit my country now and come back when I hear something back from CIC. Do you think it would be okay?

Thank you!

Last edited:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hello~! Nice to meet you everyone :)
I'm glad to join in here!

Here's my timeline:

Application sent: April 27, 2020
Application delivered: April 28, 2020

...................waiting..........................

and quick questions:
1. I applied for OWP as well, and my current student visa is expiring this month. Would my status after it expires be considered as implied status? or because I haven't received AOR so it doesn't really count?..
2. If it doesn't count, I was thinking I might as well visit my country now and come back when I hear something back from CIC. Do you think it would be okay?

Thank you!
1) Since you submitted the OWP in before your current student visa expires, you would have implied status as a student until you get a response from CIC on your OWP. You are expected to continue your education studies if you are to maintain your student status. If you stop going to school, the school authorities may contact CIC to inform that you were not continuing your education. But I think despite you losing your student visa status if you stop going to education studies, you may still be under implied status as a visitor.

2) You are expected to stay in Canada for the duration of inland sponsorship. If you leave Canada, you run risk of being denied re-entry especially when your student visa is expiring soon. Once that happens, your inland application would be cancelled since you are no longer in Canada. You can't leave Canada and wait for the result of the inland sponsorship.

If you wanted to leave Canada and wait for the PR process, you should have applied for outland PR application.

Reactions: chokoh

chokoh

Jul 7, 2020
1) Since you submitted the OWP in before your current student visa expires, you would have implied status as a student until you get a response from CIC on your OWP. You are expected to continue your education studies if you are to maintain your student status. If you stop going to school, the school authorities may contact CIC to inform that you were not continuing your education. But I think despite you losing your student visa status if you stop going to education studies, you may still be under implied status as a visitor.

2) You are expected to stay in Canada for the duration of inland sponsorship. If you leave Canada, you run risk of being denied re-entry especially when your student visa is expiring soon. Once that happens, your inland application would be cancelled since you are no longer in Canada. You can't leave Canada and wait for the result of the inland sponsorship.

If you wanted to leave Canada and wait for the PR process, you should have applied for outland PR application.
Thank you very very much for answering my questions! It truly helped me a lot! :)

larrykingwsc

Jul 29, 2019
hello everyone, I have some question regarding implied status during inland spouse sponsorship with OWP.

the application was delivered on April 20, since then, there is no AOR from cic.
My husband is here on visitor visa, and until next month, the 6 months period of visitor status will be expired. Does he need to apply for extension of the visitor status just in case the application in the future be returned, even if now, he is considered to be on the implied status due to the fact that the application was sent before the 6 month visitor status expired.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hello everyone, I have some question regarding implied status during inland spouse sponsorship with OWP.

the application was delivered on April 20, since then, there is no AOR from cic.
My husband is here on visitor visa, and until next month, the 6 months period of visitor status will be expired. Does he need to apply for extension of the visitor status just in case the application in the future be returned, even if now, he is considered to be on the implied status due to the fact that the application was sent before the 6 month visitor status expired.
Yes, that is correct. Because you submitted an OWP with the PR application before your husband 6 month visitor status expired, your husband would have "implied status" as a visitor until he gets a response from cic or when he get OWP, whichever comes first.

larrykingwsc

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that is correct. Because you submitted an OWP with the PR application before your husband 6 month visitor status expired, your husband would have "implied status" as a visitor until he gets a response from cic or when he get OWP, whichever comes first.
So it is ok to apply for the visitor extension as a ‘safety net’ before any response from cic is that right? Since if the application returned, the sponsored spouse will be out of status. Can the medical exam for visitor extension be used for owp and pr application in the future?

larrykingwsc

Jul 29, 2019
Another question is that since the processing time for visitor extension is 4 months, what if application is return before the extension is approved? Is that considered to be still in the implied status? And under that circumstances I can resubmit the pr application with owp. Or it is considered to be out of status that I need to apply for restore status and resubmit pr application without owp.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
So it is ok to apply for the visitor extension as a ‘safety net’ before any response from cic is that right? Since if the application returned, the sponsored spouse will be out of status. Can the medical exam for visitor extension be used for owp and pr application in the future?
There is no harm is applying for a visitor's extension while waiting for OWP response. If the application was returned, I assume the OWP will be returned with application since they were submitted together. If this is the case, I believe you would still have implied "visitor status" since it is independent of your PR application. Your visitor extension application will still be in play if your PR application got returned. Keep in mind the visitor extension still needs to be submitted before your 6 month visitor status expires.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Another question is that since the processing time for visitor extension is 4 months, what if application is return before the extension is approved? Is that considered to be still in the implied status? And under that circumstances I can resubmit the pr application with owp. Or it is considered to be out of status that I need to apply for restore status and resubmit pr application without owp.
If your application got returned, your visitor status would still be implied status since you awaiting for this result of the extension request. It still needs to be submitted before 6 month visitor status expires. If the 6 month stay is very tight, you can submit a extension online. as long as they got your online request before 6 month, it will be okay. You can submit a paper visitor extension if you have time.

larrykingwsc

Jul 29, 2019
If your application got returned, your visitor status would still be implied status since you awaiting for this result of the extension request. It still needs to be submitted before 6 month visitor status expires. If the 6 month stay is very tight, you can submit a extension online. as long as they got your online request before 6 month, it will be okay. You can submit a paper visitor extension if you have time.
Thanks very much for all the replies and I think I have all the answers.

magm

Jan 9, 2020
Hi everyone, i know it's unlikely but has anyone received their AOR's yet? The wait goes on..

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
We have sent out our Application (Common-Law Sponsorship + OWP) today by UPS. It should get there on Monday.
My status in Canada expires April 10th, so I hope it gets received by then.
Even if they received your package you need to get the extension. The Implied Status starts when they start checking on your case. We sent our documents past February, but I arrived to Canada December 2019, my tourist status expired the last week of June 2020, we Asked the extension the first week of March 2020 and go it aproved the first week of June 2020. We had a lot of delays due to Covid, we only got the notification of the sponsorship package arrived to the Immigration office until the first week of July, even when the Online Tool said they got it three days after we sent it.