+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
yeah, I was looking at "INLAND JANUARY" on the spreadsheet, but I don't see any updates since April 1st :( I hope people are just not updating it.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
yeah, I was looking at "INLAND JANUARY" on the spreadsheet, but I don't see any updates since April 1st :( I hope people are just not updating it.
Some are not updating i guess. There are a few whose background checks have started this week

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
You will not be eligible for OHIP until you’ve received your approval in principal or collected your COPR (given at landing interview). Unfortunately those of us in Ontario have to wait until we’re almost at the end of the process.

ECAS is https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en another way of tracking the application. Typically it’s best to enter the Sponsors details as they can see both the Sponsor and Principal Applicant status. Please be aware this does not get updated that often. Mine was basically in progress until Medical Exam then it said Medical Exam received even after I passed it and then, finally, to decision made after I received the Decision Made email. I have yet to have my landing interview as it was postponed due to COVID so I can’t tell you what it says after that. But basically, for me, it was more of a way of checking my application was in the system initially. I just used my CIC account for tracking progress. CIC is where you’ll get account messages (such as the medical request form) sent to.
Its true that you pretty much have to wait until AIP or landed as PR to get OHIP. But you can also qualify to get OHIP when you get OWP as well. You would need a letter from employer stating that you intend or hired you full time for next 6 months.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Please tell Me if this gonna speed up inland files !! ItS gonna be so good
That's hopeful thinking. While a lot of visas are pretty hard to issue due to covid. But I would imagine that a lot of staff at IRCC are likely working remotely or even temporarily laid off until covid crisis is over. This would likely slow down their productivity.

jd8i

May 7, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
That's hopeful thinking. While a lot of visas are pretty hard to issue due to covid. But I would imagine that a lot of staff at IRCC are likely working remotely or even temporarily laid off until covid crisis is over. This would likely slow down their productivity.
I agree. Also take into account that all spouse sponsorship applications are paper-based, which does not work so well with the work-remotely fashion amid a pandemic.

rjpr16

Apr 18, 2020
Hi everyone! I just submitted my application yesterday 4/17/2020. The waiting game starts now.