Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
your status expires 10th supposedly docs will be recieved April 6 do you think 4 days is enough time for your status to get updated?
As long as the application is received before the status expires then they will have implied status. The time starts from when it has been received. They will only have a problem if the application is returned

Reactions: Natus7

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
won't they ask for prove ? People get married and show marriage certificate
Married certificates are required for those who are married. For common law, they need to show proof of cohabitation from when they entered into commonlaw

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I thought that too but I've read here in the forums that you can, I hope someone with more knowledge can clarify it
I applied to extend my stay a day before it expired. So no, it does not have to be 30 days before.

Reactions: Natus7

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I have same queries lemme know when you get an answer !! Good luck
You will be able to link your application once they start working on it. This is around the time they would send you an AOR. It used to take around 6 weeks for inland. With the ongoing pandemic, we can expect it to slow down

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
I have same queries lemme know when you get an answer !! Good luck
I got this reply in another thread: "In my case, my app was received in December, got AOR Feb and was just able to link it today!" So it took 2 months for AOR and another 2 months to link the account (not sure how often he tried to link the account though)
It's probably better to forget (if you can!) about this for a couple months...

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I got this reply in another thread: "In my case, my app was received in December, got AOR Feb and was just able to link it today!" So it took 2 months for AOR and another 2 months to link the account (not sure how often he tried to link the account though)
It's probably better to forget (if you can!) about this for a couple months...
A rare case. They might have had issues in linking the application. You should be able to link it once you get the AOR, unless you face technical issues; could be you entering wrong information from what you entered in your 0008 form or what is in your passport, or CIC agent miss-spelled something - could be your name etc (this is rare but it happens). Ps; linking on ECAS is more simple and easier than on GCKEY

Reactions: diogosouza

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
A rare case. They might have had issues in linking the application. You should be able to link it once you get the AOR, unless you face technical issues; could be you entering wrong information from what you entered in your 0008 form or what is in your passport, or CIC agent miss-spelled something - could be your name etc (this is rare but it happens). Ps; linking on ECAS is more simple and easier than on GCKEY
I hope so... either way, it's a long time to keep thinking about it. I'll try to forget about it until I get the AOR.
By the way, can my spouse apply for OHIP after receiving the AOR? And What's ECAS?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I hope so... either way, it's a long time to keep thinking about it. I'll try to forget about it until I get the AOR.
By the way, can my spouse apply for OHIP after receiving the AOR? And What's ECAS?
I do not know about Ontario, i am in Alberta and I was able to apply for AHCIP using a visitor record before I even applied for PR. Here someone is who asked same question, perhaps you can get insight, but I encourage you to also go to the Ontario health website and look at the eligibility as well https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ohip.587637/

Natus7

Mar 27, 2020
As long as the application is received before the status expires then they will have implied status. The time starts from when it has been received. They will only have a problem if the application is returned
Thank you for this! Comes as a big relief :)

Reactions: Eveslm

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I do not know about Ontario, i am in Alberta and I was able to apply for AHCIP using a visitor record before I even applied for PR. Here someone is who asked same question, perhaps you can get insight, but I encourage you to also go to the Ontario health website and look at the eligibility as well https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ohip.587637/
wow man you know a lot..

I am in Alberta too..

Is there anyway maybe I can call you for 10 min to talk? Is that ok with you?

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
I sent my package on Friday with canada post, I thought the tracking would work today but still nothing.. maybe its normal cause of covid19 but the lady said itd be picked that same day.. I dont know if I should freak out or not Haha...

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
You will not be eligible for OHIP until you’ve received your approval in principal or collected your COPR (given at landing interview). Unfortunately those of us in Ontario have to wait until we’re almost at the end of the process.

ECAS is https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en another way of tracking the application. Typically it’s best to enter the Sponsors details as they can see both the Sponsor and Principal Applicant status. Please be aware this does not get updated that often. Mine was basically in progress until Medical Exam then it said Medical Exam received even after I passed it and then, finally, to decision made after I received the Decision Made email. I have yet to have my landing interview as it was postponed due to COVID so I can’t tell you what it says after that. But basically, for me, it was more of a way of checking my application was in the system initially. I just used my CIC account for tracking progress. CIC is where you’ll get account messages (such as the medical request form) sent to.

Reactions: diogosouza