+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
My file received on monday ! Any idea how long does it take to get application number and OWP . My common law partner applied my sponsorship (inland ) . I have applied my visitir extension before that cause whole my work permit time period was over
I got my application number when I received my AOR email. I got my OWP 2 months after my AOR. This was long before COVID was a thing though (applied in August, OWP received in October). Definitely a good idea to apply to extend your visitor status. It’s much quicker and more straight forward than applying to restore your status should your application get returned. I actually got my OWP before they even started processing my visitor extension. Once I received the OWP I filled in a webform to cancel the visitor extension and received the $100 application fee refund shortly after.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I got my application number when I received my AOR email. I got my OWP 2 months after my AOR. This was long before COVID was a thing though (applied in August, OWP received in October). Definitely a good idea to apply to extend your visitor status. It’s much quicker and more straight forward than applying to restore your status should your application get returned. I actually got my OWP before they even started processing my visitor extension. Once I received the OWP I filled in a webform to cancel the visitor extension and received the $100 application fee refund shortly after.
Did you have to pay for biometrics again when you applied to extend your stay?

Edit; I just realised you must have applied before Inland applicants started to give biometrics.

Reactions: JamesBarnes

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
You will not be eligible for OHIP until you’ve received your approval in principal or collected your COPR (given at landing interview). Unfortunately those of us in Ontario have to wait until we’re almost at the end of the process.

ECAS is https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en another way of tracking the application. Typically it’s best to enter the Sponsors details as they can see both the Sponsor and Principal Applicant status. Please be aware this does not get updated that often. Mine was basically in progress until Medical Exam then it said Medical Exam received even after I passed it and then, finally, to decision made after I received the Decision Made email. I have yet to have my landing interview as it was postponed due to COVID so I can’t tell you what it says after that. But basically, for me, it was more of a way of checking my application was in the system initially. I just used my CIC account for tracking progress. CIC is where you’ll get account messages (such as the medical request form) sent to.
hmmm that's indeed very unfortunate...
but I'm glad to see that your application didn't take 12 months! :)

After receiving the approval in principal, can you apply for OHIP right away or do you need to wait another 3 months?

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi

I am canadian PR holder on a path to be become a citizen.

I got married 5 months back and my wife got tourist visa and is currently living with me in toronto.

Her express entry application is already in process since Dec2019. Its stuck at New Delhi Office , India and its not moving further.

We applied for my wifes work permit it from canada during her tourist visit to me here. It got rejected saying she does not fulfill criteria of immigration law which requires her to file work visa from India and not from Canada.

Can you please advise us what is path forward?

Regards
Friend

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can my wife apply in land pr and work permit together from toronto. Her tourist visa expired on 21june2020

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
H
Can my wife apply in land pr and work permit together from toronto. Her tourist visa expired on 21june2020
Yes you can sponsor her to apply for PR +Open work permit.
Read the guide
Complete Guide (highly recommended to read before submitting an application):
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
hmmm that's indeed very unfortunate...
but I'm glad to see that your application didn't take 12 months! :)

After receiving the approval in principal, can you apply for OHIP right away or do you need to wait another 3 months?
Because of COVID the waiting period for OHIP bas been waived. Unfortunately all Service Canada offices in my area are closed and the nearest one is a 2 hour drive away (I don’t drive).

Luckily I’m not in need of medical care/on medication currently so I’ll just wait for everything to settle down again and my local office to open :)

heretogether

Mar 29, 2020
Sent my application with Xpresspost. Its status is "Out for Delivery - delivery pending" since yesterday morning. Spoke to CP rep but she has no idea either. Anyone know what does this mean?

jd8i

May 7, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
Sent my application with Xpresspost. Its status is "Out for Delivery - delivery pending" since yesterday morning. Spoke to CP rep but she has no idea either. Anyone know what does this mean?
Probably gonna turn to delivered tomorrow morning. It happened to me a few time. And now during the outbreak, things all slow down a bit. I mailed my application on Sunday afternoon, still in transit now.