+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Natus7

Mar 27, 2020
The implied status will be when they look at your profile. accepting your docs wont update your status
Thanks for letting me know! How do I know if I am on implied status then? How do I know when they actually start looking at my profile?
How long does it usually take for them to start dealing with an application after receiving it?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
and what if I extend my visa in the meantime? in the application I said my status expires April 10th, so if I extend it now, how will they know I extended it?
So that why you should address it by a cover letter when you send out your application.
You have your UCI, they can check it.

Natus7

Mar 27, 2020
So that why you should address it by a cover letter when you send out your application.
You have your UCI, they can check it.
I do have UCI, but I did not include the cover letter explaining the whole situation. I have just applied online to extend my stay, but the application for sponsorship and OWP was mailed out yesterday.
What options do I have now?
Is there any way I can contact them and let them know?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I do have UCI, but I did not include the cover letter explaining the whole situation. I have just applied online to extend my stay, but the application for sponsorship and OWP was mailed out yesterday.
What options do I have now?
Is there any way I can contact them and let them know?
I think I remind you when you asked in another thread.
Do nothing now, if you already extend your stay online and your app sent out.
Just wait for their response, they may send OWP back if they're not clear about your status or they may inform you to update your status. You're still qualify to apply for OWP.
Nothing to worry right now if you applied extend your status.
have time check this : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
hello! sponsoring my American spouse. he passed the 6 month mark end of February (we applied for extension). do we need to get a Canadian background check for application submission because he's now been here longer than 6 months or do they ask for it later on in the process? Thanks.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
hello! sponsoring my American spouse. he passed the 6 month mark end of February (we applied for extension). do we need to get a Canadian background check for application submission because he's now been here longer than 6 months or do they ask for it later on in the process? Thanks.
They will ask when they need it. If you're in Canada, don't need to do it upfront.

Gaurav0725

May 28, 2018
Just wait for their response, they may send OWP back if they're not clear about your status or they may inform you to update your status. You're still qualify to apply for OWP.
have time check this : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17
My file received on monday ! Any idea how long does it take to get application number and OWP . My common law partner applied my sponsorship (inland ) . I have applied my visitir extension before that cause whole my work permit time period was over

Natus7

Mar 27, 2020
Ok, thanks, I'll wait and see what happens

Gaurav0725

May 28, 2018
My file received on monday ! Any idea how long does it take to get application number and OWP . My common law partner applied my sponsorship (inland ) . I have applied my visitir extension before that cause whole my work permit time period was over

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi to all! My application package arrived there on April 1st. Any idea when I'll be able to link it to my online account?