Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-04-2020
Hey Guys

They are prioritizing CEC applicants now:

As per https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html?fbclid=IwAR1-wz7aGHe0IDS_ElMDwM4PQyxZb5BTt__SFzIB-ZZ51k-6pQ2pfVF7aX8

CEC is being prioritized. Do inland PNP with Canadian experience be part of it?

"Status of Express Entry applications Last updated: 01-19-2021
  • Canadian experience class
    • We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
      • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19
    • We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020.
  • Other Express Entry applications
    • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience delays
    • We’ll update this when timelines become available."

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
Hey Guys

They are prioritizing CEC applicants now:

As per https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html?fbclid=IwAR1-wz7aGHe0IDS_ElMDwM4PQyxZb5BTt__SFzIB-ZZ51k-6pQ2pfVF7aX8

CEC is being prioritized. Do inland PNP with Canadian experience be part of it?

"Status of Express Entry applications Last updated: 01-19-2021
  • Canadian experience class
    • We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
      • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19
    • We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020.
  • Other Express Entry applications
    • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience delays
    • We’ll update this when timelines become available."
Not so good news for fsw inland :(

Reactions: frostblitz

Sanju_S

Jul 12, 2020
Hey Sanju,

Yes, I am aware that it is two steps as I had it done last year as well. I haven't even received the passport request yet. Last year kind of a similar thing happened, I submitted the application around end of dec 2019 and didn't receive anything for around 30 days. I then raised a webform to ask about the progress because two of my friends submitted their applications during Jan 2020 and got the passport request in 2 days and had the visa stamped and passport returned within 5 days. The day I raised the webform, I think either that day or the next day, I received the passport request and I had my visa stamped and passport returned to me in 4 5 days.

Today I saw that the processing time pages have been updated and inland TRV is at 38 days, I will be submitting a webform in 2 days if I don't hear back from them soon.
Thanks for detail reply

Reactions: Hamidishfaq

Khjordan

Aug 5, 2020
Anybody knows why CEC is given the priority in processing than the other streams? Just curious.

Last edited:

jbpadilha

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-04-2020
Anybody knows why CEC is given the priority in processing than the other streams. Just curious.
I don't know, but It makes sense since the CEC applicants usually are already inside Canada with experience.
On another hand, they are completed full receiving more than 10 thousand applications per month. They have to do something with it.
I don't know.

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
It may have to do with the fact that CEC folks maybe running out of time on their temporary status in Canada, therefore need to hear a decision soon in order to continue their affairs within the country. One could argue that there are FSW inland applicants and this decision maybe unfair to them.

Overall, it really is an unfortunate situation with COVID and the pandemic, so I guess IRCC needs to prioritize somehow.

Anybody knows why CEC is given the priority in processing than the other streams. Just curious.

Last edited:

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
I am wondering that how long a fsw inland has to wait till officer review their file? Since July 2020 , no officer has viewed my file.. everything look good in gcms notes,.. so I don't understand why for 5 months officer didn't have time to check the file? I feel like that they forget about my file..

Last edited:

qzyqzy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2020
Hi all,
I have a question regarding visa. My work permit is still valid but my visa will expire n a few days.... I am hoping to get PR approved soon but who knows given the situation. In this case, do I need to extend my visa? Any input is welcome.
Thanks!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi all,
I have a question regarding visa. My work permit is still valid but my visa will expire n a few days.... I am hoping to get PR approved soon but who knows given the situation. In this case, do I need to extend my visa? Any input is welcome.
Thanks!
If you have travels soon, then you need to extend your visa. If not, you only need your wp to continue working anyways.

Last edited:

Khjordan

Aug 5, 2020
found the below link where we can give feedback / grievance... Can we raise our delay concern as we are waiting where as they processing later applications.
Category : Complaint: An unmet expectation relating to the department's services, performance, or processes.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx
Just sent a letter. I wrote there are increased # of PR applicants who see delays in process of their files and asked why not IRCC employees who don't work during weekdays due to social distancing work on weekends.