+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

xmanprash

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
AOR- April 9th (CEC Inland)
Medical Changed To- You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Done- October 2nd (Service Canada-Brampton)
Eligibility- Passed
Security- Passed
Criminality- In Progress
Waiting for final decision...

Hello,
My medical was expired on October 31st and still did not get any update on this whether it will be extended or need to do again. Does anybody is having the similar situation with expired medical. Any help would be appreciated
One of my friend came across same situation last year. He was asked to do medical again. He is approved now and got his PR 2 month back.

joban_92

Oct 22, 2020
One of my friend came across same situation last year. He was asked to do medical again. He is approved now and got his PR 2 month back.
Should I go for another medical exam or should wait for IRCC response whether it would be extended or Redo?

xmanprash

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Should I go for another medical exam or should wait for IRCC response whether it would be extended or Redo?
IRCC asked my friend to resubmit the medical, also you cannot do medical exam without IRCC letter. So just wait for them to ask. If they don't ask for it and extend already submitted result then much better.

Reactions: tanujgyan

aiqbal96

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-04-2020
Med's Done....
18-02-2020
Is CIC website down? Haven't been able to login the entire week.

kaspy69

Oct 6, 2020
Not sure what to think anymore! The wait is so exhaustingly long.

Applied for GSCMC notes Dec 6th and still yet to receive them. Tried calling IRCC several times and not been able to reach anyone. Work permit expires in July, so not running out of time, but I’m honestly ready to move on to other things.

Nonetheless, happy for those receiving COPR. Hopefully that will be me soon.
Nothing to worry, delay is your BGC starts only when Biometrics is done. So in another 3 months you should have COPR.

kaspy69

Oct 6, 2020
IRCC asked my friend to resubmit the medical, also you cannot do medical exam without IRCC letter. So just wait for them to ask. If they don't ask for it and extend already submitted result then much better.
I gather from another conversation Medicals are valid for a year, and maybe required if application is delayed beyond that time period. Redoing a medical without IRCC request is not a problem.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I gather from another conversation Medicals are valid for a year, and maybe required if application is delayed beyond that time period. Redoing a medical without IRCC request is not a problem.
This is correct. I don't think you need a request letter from IRCC to be able to do (or re-do) your medical test for PR applications submitted through the EE process.

CECInland2021

Jan 13, 2021
hey, congrats for the PR. I wonder if you are applying alone or with your partner. Apparently, ppl applying alone are getting the PR faster.
and, I'm curious about after to get the email confirmation, do you have to do a landing, or did you make your appointment with an officer? or you just did it by mail. last question, did someone call you to do a quick interview? thanks for your answer and congrats again.
Hi,
I am a single applicant. I got an an email saying that I am a PR and I need to provide photo (at the Ottawa office) to get my PR card. Meantime, I could use the confirmation letter that I receive in email with an ID proof to avail PR services.

CECInland2021

Jan 13, 2021
Many many congratulations.
I am AOR 30 April 2020
When you say background check complete. Did it show you complete in your cic account since December.
It showed after the approval. But on Dec 7 I received a Ghost Update and when I called a week after I was told my Check was complete

tanujgyan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hey guys. Did anyone apply for bowp recently and got it. We have applied already and our wp is expiring in mid feb. I am not sure if my employer will be pleased about my implied status. I know its a legal status but I just don't want to get into discussions with them about implied status. I have applied for bowp on dec 2 so was wondering if I can get it before my current wp expires

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
hey, congrats for the PR. I wonder if you are applying alone or with your partner. Apparently, ppl applying alone are getting the PR faster.
and, I'm curious about after to get the email confirmation, do you have to do a landing, or did you make your appointment with an officer? or you just did it by mail. last question, did someone call you to do a quick interview? thanks for your answer and congrats again.
With current situation, inland applicants don't need to do landing, they get the CoPR directly but need to mail out photos still. Also with new PR portal, you can simply upload photos.

Reactions: epika

Hamidishfaq

Dec 16, 2019
Hey guys. Did anyone apply for bowp recently and got it. We have applied already and our wp is expiring in mid feb. I am not sure if my employer will be pleased about my implied status. I know its a legal status but I just don't want to get into discussions with them about implied status. I have applied for bowp on dec 2 so was wondering if I can get it before my current wp expires
Hey there, I got my BOWP in around 3 months. I applied for it in Sep 2020 and got it one week after my previous one expired on Dec 5. When I applied, the processing time page showed it would take 150 days, but I got mine within 90. Right now the processing time shows up as 100 days, so I think you should get yours by Feb or March.

I would recommend that you don't even bring this topic up with your employer unless they ask you about it and if they do, you can then show them the IRCC website page which talks about BOWP and the letter you received from IRCC when you applied for it.

I have applied for the TRV and it's been more than a month and I haven't received anything yet.

Hope this helps. :)