+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Received Service Canada call yesterday Oct. 20. Appointment set for Oct 22 in Whitby.

I am based in Toronto and I requested a Service Canada location in Scarborough, however, the associate informed me that they are fully booked in Scarborough all over Toronto until November 6th. I opted to go to Whitby for my appointment as there were more availabilities in that site, and so I get all of this over and done sooner.

Also worth mentioning that I missed the SC first call on Oct. 14th. Application information in my signature.

Reactions: Sanju_S

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
No, just webforms , many of them about the same BIL issue but every time I get a generic reply, I did not order GCMS notes because of the long time it takes to get them but I think now that I will finally order the notes.
I think GCMS would really help, and calling them would be the fastest way to figure out what is happening. Wish you all the best!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I need your view on my situation , I m an April 6th AOR , got one ADR then medical passed and RPRF finally on July 16th, but since then nothing and I never received a BIL knowing that VFS is operating since many months in my country , also my file have been transferred from the central processing office to local Visa office , it s been 6 months and 15 days since my AOR and I still didn't receive a BIL despite sending many webforms , should I be worried ? What can I do apart from waiting ?
There is nothing to be worried. All applicants have to give biometrics unless they are exempt. So check if you are exempt if you have provided biometrics in the last 10 years.In the most recent policy change, IRCC has informed that if you have given biometrics in the last 10 years, you are exempt from giving them again. To check if your previous biometrics are valid, you can check the status at <https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?fbclid=IwAR2XOMUJJMcdwNWG8awkgF_u7OGylXTxRqhCM_g23tSqq1uJVhC2KyRv1aI>

If you are not exempt and have not received the BIL, no need to your you will get it.

As regards the processing, IRCC website does state that the the average processing time is 6 months, and the 6 months processing time starts when the R10 (completeness check) is passed. However, in the IRCC annual report for the year ending 2019 submitted to the parliament the average processing time was 9 months for FSW and 7 months for CEC.

<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html>
How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Subsequent to this, IRCC also published the evaluation of Express Entry upon the completion of 5 years of express entry in May 2020. A lot of recommendation have been made in it.

As regards the medicals they are valid for 12 months from the date they are done. There was a lit of discussion on this issue in one of the threads available at #4,335

If your medicals expire while your application is still under process, the officer who has the carriage of your file will send the medicals for reassessment to the Regional Medical Officer, who will make a determination to extend them or to ask for a re-med, which would be on a case by case basis.

At the end what matters is that your application is processing well and all stages are being passed. To read on stages, see https://bit.ly/3m863kq

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
There is nothing to be worried. All applicants have to give biometrics unless they are exempt. So check if you are exempt if you have provided biometrics in the last 10 years.In the most recent policy change, IRCC has informed that if you have given biometrics in the last 10 years, you are exempt from giving them again. To check if your previous biometrics are valid, you can check the status at <https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?fbclid=IwAR2XOMUJJMcdwNWG8awkgF_u7OGylXTxRqhCM_g23tSqq1uJVhC2KyRv1aI>

If you are not exempt and have not received the BIL, no need to your you will get it.

As regards the processing, IRCC website does state that the the average processing time is 6 months, and the 6 months processing time starts when the R10 (completeness check) is passed. However, in the IRCC annual report for the year ending 2019 submitted to the parliament the average processing time was 9 months for FSW and 7 months for CEC.

<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html>
How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Subsequent to this, IRCC also published the evaluation of Express Entry upon the completion of 5 years of express entry in May 2020. A lot of recommendation have been made in it.

As regards the medicals they are valid for 12 months from the date they are done. There was a lit of discussion on this issue in one of the threads available at #4,335

If your medicals expire while your application is still under process, the officer who has the carriage of your file will send the medicals for reassessment to the Regional Medical Officer, who will make a determination to extend them or to ask for a re-med, which would be on a case by case basis.

At the end what matters is that your application is processing well and all stages are being passed. To read on stages, see https://bit.ly/3m863kq
Thank you very much for your help , really appreciate it .

Reactions: legalfalcon

163satish

Oct 22, 2020
CEC application, inland. AoR 4th April 2020.
In June got update saying Medical has passed. That reset later in August. Now today on 22nd October, they asked to redo medical exams.
My medicals have expired on August 29th this year. But when application was submitted they were valid and as I said I got email saying medical was passed.
But now they are asking to redo? Is this normal? It is putting so much stress :-(

any idea if there is any way around? :-(

Mo88

Aug 31, 2019
Same situation, I think if they passed the med exam and you are inland you can request to extend it.
I will call them just in case .

In June got update saying Medical has passed. That reset later in August. Now today on 22nd October, they asked to redo medical exams.
My medicals have expired on August 29th this year. But when application was submitted they were valid and as I said I got email saying medical was passed.
But now they are asking to redo? Is this normal? It is putting so much stress :-(

farhanraza15

Feb 23, 2020
Waterloo ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
23-03-2020
AOR Received.
15-04-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Received Service Canada call yesterday Oct. 20. Appointment set for Oct 22 in Whitby.

I am based in Toronto and I requested a Service Canada location in Scarborough, however, the associate informed me that they are fully booked in Scarborough all over Toronto until November 6th. I opted to go to Whitby for my appointment as there were more availabilities in that site, and so I get all of this over and done sooner.

Also worth mentioning that I missed the SC first call on Oct. 14th. Application information in my signature.
I missed a call this morning, number starting 800. Does anyone know if ServiceCanada use any specific numbers/range?

farhanraza15

Feb 23, 2020
Waterloo ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
23-03-2020
AOR Received.
15-04-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020

I was in same situation in September and had to redo medical, fortunately it was quick for me but I had to travel far from my place